Body Type + Best Jeans

Good thread!

Body type: "racy rectangle"/athletic, "asian" booty (aka little to nonexistent ;) I've always had probs finding jeans that fit my thighs, and leave no gap at the waist + not hella low rise (can't stand this)

My best jeans (finally found em!): Hudson triangle flap pocket, bootcut

5'6" Large-boned, waist-challenged (big), flat butt, average thighs. Size 12 or 14 in jeans. 32 in. inseam

I found, as OP said, that some men's jeans are great for us apple shapes. I have some TR twisted seam men's in 34" waist. They are a little loose in the leg, but I have other styles if I am not in the mood for that,

Best cut - bootcut

Best brands: Christopher Blue, some Cambio styles, David Kahn, and Victoria's Secret Hipster Bootcut.

- Target has a new line of jeans called Converse One Star which are fab for the price! Nice dark washes, not too low waist, come in bootcut, straight leg (good on me) and a couple other styles that weren't for me. I was tickled to find them. And they come in short, regular and tall

5'2", 25" waist, ruler shape (no hips, no butt, no thighs), with a 30" inseam.

My favorite jeans are J.Brand Lovestory's. I get them hemmed up (obviously) and they still look great. I have a few pairs that I've left a few inches longer (to wear with heels) and they they make me look so nice and tall and lean.

Well, as tall as a shorty like me can look, anyway. :happydance:

I'm 5'5, size 10 to 12 (american), average lenght legs, round butt, musculat roundish tighs, I have tummy AND waist. Best jeans - Calvin Klein. DKNY - gap between jeans and my back. Michael Kors - sometimes good, sometimes not, some models made for flatter butt. JCrew - good but not excellent, slightly big in waist. Macy's brand Stytle&Co - really good, I almost have legs in those! :smile:

OT but i had to post this because i read it as Blood Type + Best Jeans!

5"3
36.5 years
waist 26, hips a wee bit over 33, i'm straight-ish
so far i only like uniqlo jeans, perhaps because it's a japanese brand so it fits smaller sizes well. i like the cheap prices too.

Last edited:
5'2", small-boned
Had second (and last!) baby almost 4 years ago
Size 25 jeans
Small waist (24.5"), wider hips (32.5"), painfully flat butt

Shapes that work best for me: flare, boot cut, wide-leg
Shapes that do NOT work for me: straight leg, skinnies
Brands that work best for me: COH, Sevens, AG, Hudson
Brands that do NOT work for me: True Religion, Paige

Height: 5'10"
Size: 10 or 12

Best fits: True Religion Joeys, Rock & Republic Kasandras, 7FAM Gingers, William Rast Belle Flares, William Rast Daisy Super Flares

Love this thread!

I haven't had luck with Zafu either, but I'm going to check out that TrueJeans site.
I'm 5'2" and about 115 lbs. w/ curves, and I've found that jeans starting with "J" work best, lol! Joes Provocateur (don't even have to have them hemmed!!), J Brand Lovestory, and James Cured all suit my body. I wore Citizens when I was preggers and loved them, too!

5'2 (and 3/4 !)

body type: big butt, hips and boobies, smaller waist... basically a fat out of shape hourglass , youd be able to sit a vase on top of my butt :sad:

bodytype-1.jpg

i swear by brazilian jeans, theyre actually made of moleton, but they fit like a dreammmmm

the only 'brand' jeans that fit sort of ok are 7's , but they are no where near as good as the brazilian brands

Last edited:
Height - 5'4"
Weight - 120 pounds

Measurements:
Bust - 32D or 36"
Waist - 25" (on a good week...no bloating, no chocolate eating lol...but the most I've been is 26" )
High Hip - 36"
"Hip" (around bum) - 38"
Thigh - 20"

Size: US 4-8 (brands can be so weird, but normally a 6 or 8..),
Jean Size: 29 or 30

Shape - Hourglassy? Whatever it is, I despise it. I would love to be very very slender

I have a horrid time finding jeans. I have a very long torso and short ish legs so I need a 29 or 30" inseam..

However, I find that Sass & Bide Misfit straight legs look really good on me...except I never get the hemmed and end up rolling them in but still getting massive tears in them!

Last edited: