Bobbi Brown Lovers Thread: Post Questions, Codes, & Purchases!!!

Complimentary 2 day shipping, code: 2DAY9. Valid through 12/21/09 midnight!

Loquita do the cream shadows crease on you? Do you use a primer before hand?

MissJenny, I agree with Loquita, if that is the one that she "matched" you with, try it out, if it is not good, then return it, Nord has such a good return policy with no time limit, so if it doesn't work then just call and find out when they get the right one in stock and exchange it. Their foundations are lovely!

Wow...great code...:drool:

I will try to behave (or not). :nuts:

To answer your question Bridget, the cream shadows don't crease on me at all -- and I don't wear any primer with them. (Amazing, considering that I always need to wear primer with every single other shadow I own). For example, today I put on my BB cream shadows before 7am, and didn't touch them at all except for to remove them at a bit past 10 pm. The e/s looked the same at 10 as when I put it on the morning. What a fantastic product.

I have stopped wearing my MAC shadows lately, even. :wtf:

My only complaint is that I would like a broader/slightly wackier color selection in these shadows...but then again, that wouldn't be like BB, and I love the line as is. And maybe the formula of the cream shadows themselves doesn't permit a large range of colors.

Thanks Loquita, can you tell me how you apply them? I have a several of the metallic ones and they seem to crease on me and I don't have particularly oily lids! Maybe I am not letting them dry well enough, or layering too many? I use three to get the look I like. It also doesn't seem to matter if I use the cream shadow brush or my fingers either : (

Yeah, I think if BB went wild colours they would lose the older, more conservative clientele. I think BB's mantra is basically "you, only better" and bright eyepopping shadow a la MAC is not her style : )

Thanks Loquita, can you tell me how you apply them? I have a several of the metallic ones and they seem to crease on me and I don't have particularly oily lids! Maybe I am not letting them dry well enough, or layering too many? I use three to get the look I like. It also doesn't seem to matter if I use the cream shadow brush or my fingers either : (

Yeah, I think if BB went wild colours they would lose the older, more conservative clientele. I think BB's mantra is basically "you, only better" and bright eyepopping shadow a la MAC is not her style : )

Hmmm...maybe the issue might be that I don't use the metallic cream shadows don't even own any of them, but I am intrigued). I do however use the shimmer cream shadows, and those don't crease on me at all. All I do in terms of application is use the BB cream shadow brush (which is one of my favorite MU brushes of all time at this point). That's it. The most that I have ever layered is two, btw, but I was going to layer three to do a smoky eye...

Finally got some camera batteries. Still not impressed with the camera. Tried to do the best I could with getting colors accurate.

The next few posts will be pics from hauls! Did damage with the following: BB F&F sale, Cosmetic Co. Store, QVC.

First off, the free gift boxes with the F&F sale were lovely! So nice and I have 4 of them. Not sure what to do with them but not throwing these lovelies away. Here's a pic of one.

017.jpg

This is the haul from the F&F sale. Got the following:

• Cream Shadows (Beach Bronze, Steel, Sand Dollar)
  • Face Powder (Soft Sand)
  • Creamy Concealer Kit (sand)
  • Holiday Lip Gloss Trio
  • Shimmer Brick (pink)
  • Illuminating Bronzing Powder (Antigua)
  • Hydrating Eye Cream
  • Concealer Brush
003.jpg

Here are the shadows. The Sand Dollar looks a little washed out in the pic. It's quite pretty IRL. Sorry ladies for the "used" look to some items. I already started using them. I never can wait to test out the colors as soon as I get them.

005-1.jpg

Next is the CCO purchases. I was thrilled when I left there. The liners were $14.75, glosses were $21 and the balm was $35. I like the balm. I would get it again just get the extra light next time. But this color works well just by its self on me then use powder.

007-1.jpg

And the last few pics are from QVC. Bobbi Brown did a Today's Special Value back in May and this is part of the second order. It's browns. I believe this eye palette is from
06' that she included in the second shipment. The kit comes with crystal gloss, lip and eye palette (shown), liner (shown) and brush,mini pot rouge (shown) & mini mascara.

014.jpg

010.jpg

011.jpg