BMW or MERCEDES?

lamiastella said:
I guess it's the same thing with Handbags. We can say as much as we want to that we buy Louis Vuitton, Hermes, Chloe, Balenciaga, etc because of their "high quality" leathers - but we know darn well that they're also a status symbol :smile:

I doubt if the vast majority of my bags are a status symbol, because as I don't tend to buy 'IT' bags (unless I love their design too much to resist!) I doubt if most people even know what they are! :biggrin:

It is possible to just love the look, feel and sound of luxury, you know...

Well, now that it's all over. I say BMW. I've had both. Both have their points depending on what you are looking for in a car. As for people sharing their opinions. People what you ask for, you just might get it. It's unfortunate that anybody got upset when they end all it seems was so friendly advice was given.

trixX said:
wow weee a merc for free is verrrryyyyy lovely, congrats. do share pics! :smile:
Thx everyone. I will for sure send pics =) I went & test drove a few today. It was quite exciting! Kind of like riding on a cloud.
I LOVE my company!!!!!! My friend Tara got the SUV just for convenience that she earned w/in 5 months. It took me 1 1/2 yrs, but not too shabby for free =) The convertible is sooo fun!
It'll be another 6 wks or so before I get it, but I'll start a new thread w/ pics when the time comes.

shannon that's so cool. I had an ML420 which I liked. It wasn't better than my BMW X5 but it was a great car. I just wished the handling could be better. My fave car I've had is the Mercedes S500. I had it for 3 years with no maintenance or mechanical issues at all. Handled very well on the roads even in snow.

I think MBZ sedans are very well made but if you really want great suggestions then also look at Benzworld.com.

Aside from the Maybach and that is only because I want to be chauffeured I would love a BMW M5 but I'm in NYC so where would I drive it?

Shannon said:
Thx everyone. I will for sure send pics =) I went & test drove a few today. It was quite exciting! Kind of like riding on a cloud.
I LOVE my company!!!!!! My friend Tara got the SUV just for convenience that she earned w/in 5 months. It took me 1 1/2 yrs, but not too shabby for free =) The convertible is sooo fun!
It'll be another 6 wks or so before I get it, but I'll start a new thread w/ pics when the time comes.

my boyfriend and i got to drive around a friend's mom's SL500, and omigod the ride was sooo smooth. my civic felt like a piece of crap after that, haha. ;) well anyway, good luck with your decision and congrats!

here it is:

2794301440046478586EdYhBS_ph.jpg

Attachments

• 2380197670046478586BykwLw_ph.jpg
    2380197670046478586BykwLw_ph.jpg
    55.8 KB · Views: 72
  • 2467568870046478586pQmqMy_ph.jpg
    2467568870046478586pQmqMy_ph.jpg
    45.8 KB · Views: 66
  • 2965373080046478586RatZWO_ph.jpg
    2965373080046478586RatZWO_ph.jpg
    51.9 KB · Views: 65
Ah..the Maybach....yah dream come true. Talk about bein chauffeured & extrememly important. Well, alittle outa my reach but it doesnt hurt to dream.
Thanks all for the input. I'd definitely let you know what I choose.
And, Ahs483, your BMW looks great!

I read through this whole thread...

Well, looks like you already got your car, Congrats.

When I was 16, I drove a Honda Civic... my parents have always bought foreign cars. I liked my Civic..but I was reaching the point where I wanted a fancy car just to show off. My and my mom decided to go car shopping and ended up with a C320 Mercedes. I was 17. My dad said it wasnt a good idea for me to drive it because it would put a big target on my back (young girl, big expensive car). I didn't mind... I wanted to look good.. and the car was CUTE (black on black...yumm).

But, eventually my father's prediction came true. I ran into the gym to pick up my brother one day... I left my Coach tote in the car. Big mistake. I came back to my Mercedes... with a broken window. After that, I was very paranoid about driving an expensive car. Daddy was right... you DO become a big target.

I went back to driving my realiable (and cute) Civic. Mom traded the 'cedes in.

For graduation, my parents told me I could pick out a new car. I really wanted to get a BMW 325i but later discovered that used BMW's arent always realible and deprecate in value quickly (we were finding TONS of beamers for under 20k...) I didnt want that huge target on my back again, but I still wanted a nice car.

I finally found my perfect fit... an 04 Toyota Highlander. It's perfect... its nice but not flashy. I wouldnt trade it in for that beamer or the mercedes now.

Just my two cents.... (or a few more) :upsidedown:

Anyway, best wishes with the beamer! Hope things work out, but be careful! (learn from my mistake :heart: )

im about to turn 16 too, and i told my parents that they didnt have to buy me a car, ill just take one of theirs, aand belive it or not i have a choice of my dad's BMW X5 or my moms Mercedes E350 AMG.. im leaning towards the mercedes because i would look ridicoulous driving that big car

Ash,

Congrats on your car. I looks just like mine, but mine is black on black...you will love it to death! Again be careful...some people will just hate k. One day my bf (who also drives a BMW) came back and his car's emblem was ripped off the hood. So small things like that may happen because people are rude. You just go to the dealership and pick up a new one for about $35. You should also talk to you parents about getting the BMW Card Club of America membership. That will save you a % off EVERYTHING BMW related: service, accessories, batteries, etc.