**Blushes ** Go Pierce Brosnan..

I read she supposedly has Grave's Disease but I don't know if that's true and I'm not sure if that causes weight gain.

Err, yeah, Graves is hyperthyroidism, which speeds up your metabolism, causes weight loss, etc. It's hypothyroidism that can cause weight gain (as far as I know, but I'm not a doctor). :s

And on that note - I'd never been a big Brosnan fan, but I have to say that (a) his wife is just beautiful at the premieres, and looking good in a bikini can be a challenge for anyone, and (b) finding out about Brosnan's stick-to-it-iveness in both marriages, especially in Hollywood - has made me a fan. He's quite the good role model!!!:tup:

article-1048569-025DD6A500000578-159_468x383.jpg

She looks so uncomfortable here. :Push: I've suffered a serious illness in the past that caused a 20kg weight gain but with gentle exercise and a healthy eating plan I returned to my smaller size within 6 months. I don't know of any disease that causes such a massive increase in weight that isn't somewhat treatable with healthy living.

She looks so uncomfortable here. :Push: I've suffered a serious illness in the past that caused a 20kg weight gain but with gentle exercise and a healthy eating plan I returned to my smaller size within 6 months. I don't know of any disease that causes such a massive increase in weight that isn't somewhat treatable with healthy living.

hormonal medication?

DH and I went to a resort in the Dominican REpublic many years ago (when I still had a good body, sigh). It was a mainly European resort, very few Americans. I tell you those European woman had a lot of self-confidence - I saw many women 200+ lbs in teeney weeny bikinis

So good for her! Although that suit would look so much better if it supported and fit her boobs a little better, even with the small bottom piece.

Thats very sweet, but i personally think what shows on the outside represents what is on the inside.. i personally think your appearance is a priority when caring for yourself. Everyone in my family whether 10 or 82 spend a lot of time caring for themselves. They watch what they eat for both health and vanity and make themselves look beautiful - mainly for themselves and no one else.

I will never let my standards slip, i will never become so "comfortable" with what i am inside that i don't care what is on the outside. :smile:

Yes, shallowness can also be seen on the outside. :rolleyes:

It's really pathetic that some people respond to photos of a loving and devoted couple by criticizing the woman's looks. And it's sad that a man being committed to his wife seems to be so unusual these days.

Kudos to Keeley and Pierce for their love and devotion to each other.

Yes, shallowness can also be seen on the outside. :rolleyes:

It's really pathetic that some people respond to photos of a loving and devoted couple by criticizing the woman's looks. And it's sad that a man being committed to his wife seems to be so unusual these days.

Kudos to Keeley and Pierce for their love and devotion to each other.

I personally don't think that caring about what you look like on the outside is a shallow thing at all.

I do think that what is on the inside is what is most important but I think that many people take that to the extreme and act like outside doesn't matter at all - which I completely disagree with. I think because of our weight/appearance obsessed society these days we are seeing more and more people who are screaming, "appearance doesn't matter at all!! It's what's inside that counts!!" - which is completely silly in my opinion. I do think there has to be a balance.

Your "outside" appearance is what you present to the world and I personally feel it should be taken care of. What kind of message does it send to your partner when you let yourself go and stop taking good care of your appearance?

I think it's very important to make sure you're a good person on the inside but it is equally important to take care of yourself physically as well. It's a balance. Just as it would be bad to only worry about appearance it would also be bad to not care about it at all.

In this case, if she's got health problems then it is likely making it more difficult to stay in good physical shape - that said, I do think that with effort and work that she could likely be in better shape than she is.

Her husband clearly isn't bothered by it though and neither is she - so to each his own as long as they are happy.

Just my opinion. ;)

In this case, if she's got health problems then it is likely making it more difficult to stay in good physical shape - that said, I do think that with effort and work that she could likely be in better shape than she is.

I'm not sure what you're basing this opinion since you probably know NOTHING of what she might be going through.

Overall, this topic is appalling to me. One of my bosses gained about 50 lbs weight while on chemotherapy. One of her medication caused the shutdown of her thyroid as part of her treatment, I can't imagine if anyone was so heartless to say that she should have been in better shape with effort and work.

I'm not sure what you're basing this opinion since you probably know NOTHING of what she might be going through.

Overall, this topic is appalling to me. One of my bosses gained about 50 lbs weight while on chemotherapy. One of her medication caused the shutdown of her thyroid as part of her treatment, I can't imagine if anyone was so heartless to say that she should have been in better shape with effort and work.

I take it you know her personally then? In all likelihood you know nothing of what she is going through either - so my statements could very well be valid. No need to be sensational - if the lady had cancer it would be a much different thing I'm sure.

I will agree to disagree :tup:

I take it you know her personally then? In all likelihood you know nothing of what she is going through either - so my statements could very well be valid. No need to be sensational - if the lady had cancer it would be a much different thing I'm sure.

I will agree to disagree :tup:

You miss my point. My point is that none of us really know what she is going through and hence it's really unfair of us to pass judgement (which we do all the time anyways), KWIM? It's not about sensationalism, but I posted to make you aware that there are medical instances where people gain weight, it may not be a choice of effort and work.

These posts started out of Pierce kissing his wife, to people criticizing her weight gain. And frankly, I find it mean. So, that is me agreeing to disagree. :tup:

Last edited:
i love that he obviously loves her so. i didn't think i could like him more than when i saw "the matador." but i do. i can only hope their sons inherit his spirit and their momma's moxie (and both of their looks -- despite what anyone thinks of her weight, she is a beautiful lady).

I was SO about to post this...that since they got married she has let herself go...but I do love the fact that he loves her for who she is, whether skinny or heavier. He appeared to love his 1st wife with the same devotion.

ETA: Just saw the comments about the medicine.
:tup: He's a class A guy in my book!

Thats what I wondered. What I had read about Graves disease indicated weight loss.

I think it's the medication prescribed to her to combat Graves disease that is making her gain weight. My friend had hypothyrhoidism and was prescribed medicine to treat it, and gained 40 lbs in 2 months. Yes, she could have worked out, but she would have had to battle exhaustion, fatigue, and dizziness. To maintain her weight, she probably would have had to be in the gym for 8 hours a day. All of that weight gain was while she ate a 1800 calorie diet. Poor thing.

I :heart: Pierce Brosnan. He truly makes me believe that some Hollywood couples marry for love.