BLUEFLY - Risky Purchase or Safe Bet?

HELP - Bag Arrived with NO Dustbag, Chloe Tags or Card!

My Baby Black Paddy just arrived. Is it normal to get a Chloe Bag from Bluefly with NO Dustbag, Chloe Tags or Card? It's supposed to be Brand New. I've never shopped there before. I'm confused & a little disappointed. :sad: :confused1:

I don't have time to take pictures of the Bag in detail now, will have to wait til this weekend, I'll load the pictures up at ATC then. I'm not very happy about all the missing elements. The only tag that's on the bag is the Bluefly Security Tag!

They have the same bag at Neiman's, I'm going over there either tomorrow or the day after to take another look (I've already looked at that bag twice). The Bluefly bag looks "good" so far, but I can't open the bag all the way because of the Security Tag. I can still see the Heatstamp though...I just don't understand why the Dustbag, Chloe Tags & Card are missing!

Last edited:

My Baby Black Paddy just arrived. Is it normal to get a Chloe Bag from Bluefly with NO Dustbag, Chloe Tags or Card? It's supposed to be Brand New. I've never shopped there before. I'm confused & a little disappointed. :sad: :confused1:

I don't have time to take pictures of the Bag in detail now, will have to wait til this weekend, I'll load the pictures up at ATC then. I'm not very happy about all the missing elements. The only tag that's on the bag is the Bluefly Security Tag!

They have the same bag at Neiman's, I'm going over there either tomorrow or the day after to take another look (I've already looked at that bag twice). The Bluefly bag looks "good" so far, but I can't open the bag all the way because of the Security Tag. I can still see the Heatstamp though...I just don't understand why the Dustbag, Chloe Tags & Card are missing!

CALL THEM AT ONCE... seems like I have seen this posted before. Tell them you want the missing items... ALL OF THEM, or send the damn thing back unless it was REALLY on sale. I personally would NOT be happy about this.
And make sure you can locate the date tag INSIDE the inner zip pocket.

Check that the tags are not in the inside pocket, they put them in there sometimes.
It's odd, no dust bag though, you should probably call or email them and ask, it could have been an oversight, but a new bag should come with everything.
Can you see the serial number in the inside pocket, what yaer does it say?

CALL THEM AT ONCE... seems like I have seen this posted before. Tell them you want the missing items... ALL OF THEM, or send the damn thing back unless it was REALLY on sale. I personally would NOT be happy about this.
And make sure you can locate the date tag INSIDE the inner zip pocket.

The more I think about it, the angrier I get... :wtf:I'm going to call them tomorrow after I calm down a bit! I did look for the date tag (at least I think that's the date tag inside the inner zip pocket). I'm such a "klutz", I almost broke the Security Tag on the bag. They put it in such an inconvenient place, right where the handles are. Any time you try to pull the handles open, you risk tearing the tag apart. Anyway, here's the number of the tag: 03-07-51-5191

The bag, however, looks authentic, but I'm not an expert. The bag is in Near Mint Condition, except for a few scratches on the lock, and it's slightly tricky to open and close one of the zippers. My feeling is that this is a Return. I'll try to take some pictures of the bag either tomorrow or the day after because I really want to have it authenticated at ATC. I'll put off going to Neiman's until this weekend.

If the bag is deemed "authentic", I may still keep it because it's still substantially below Retail & I do like the bag. I don't know, I have to think about it. I was going to buy the same bag from Neiman's and compare them side-by-side, but alas, I just saw another bag on eBay that I kind of like. So I don't want to tie up my credit cards too much...The stress we go through over a "bag"! :sad:

Last edited:
Check that the tags are not in the inside pocket, they put them in there sometimes.
It's odd, no dust bag though, you should probably call or email them and ask, it could have been an oversight, but a new bag should come with everything.
Can you see the serial number in the inside pocket, what yaer does it say?

Thanks, I looked everywhere, in the outside & inside pocket, still No Chloe Tags, Card or Dust Bag! :sad: This is the No. inside the inner pocket: 03-07-51-5191

I'm going to call, no, e-mail them tomorrow. I want to have written proof of what they say. I'll try to take some pictures tomorrow if I have the time. I really want to have this bag authenticated! Thanks again for all your help!

Last edited:
Thanks, I looked everywhere, in the outside & inside pockets! This is the No. inside the inner pocket: 03-07-51-5191

I'm going to call, no, e-mail them tomorrow. I want to have written proof of what they say. I'll try to take some pictures tomorrow if I have the time. I really want to have this bag authenticated! Thanks again for all your help!

This really sucks.
The bag is 2007, so it's pretty new,but there's no way that they should sell without tags unless they state that in description. The bag is probably o.k if it looks good,but it still seems odd as to where it's tags and dust bag went?
You should contact them and just see what they have to say and take it from there, they may be willing to compensate you somehow.
good luck

This really sucks.
The bag is 2007, so it's pretty new,but there's no way that they should sell without tags unless they state that in description. The bag is probably o.k if it looks good,but it still seems odd as to where it's tags and dust bag went?
You should contact them and just see what they have to say and take it from there, they may be willing to compensate you somehow.
good luck

This is the Description of the Bag on Bluefly. Now that you mention it, it didn't say anything about any Chloe Tags, Cards or Dust Bag. I just assumed they'd come with the bag because the bag is Brand New. But I can't imagine their selling the bag without any of those things and not mentioning it.

http://www.bluefly.com//Chloe-black...-bag/SEARCH/213234400/detail.fly?http_referer=

even if its not mentioned the assumption is that you get all those items with the bag....

You might get an extra discount if they don't have them but be wary thats it makes it harder to re-sell the bag without those items!

For $1150, I'd want tags, card, dustbag. MINOR scratches on the lock is not unusual... just means YOU don't have to have heart failure cause YOU made the first one. The brass scratches pretty easy IMO. Look as best you can inside the bag and check it out well... in case it has been carried. I hear stories of girls buying bags in the major dept stores and finding stuff in the bags, so maybe you'll find some MONEY! :P
Calm until until you hear from Bluefly. In the meantime, carry her around the house, put your wallet in there....and make sure you like her and that she's big enough. Give yourself a couple of days to play with her.

even if its not mentioned the assumption is that you get all those items with the bag....

You might get an extra discount if they don't have them but be wary thats it makes it harder to re-sell the bag without those items!

Yeah, the bags I bought from NAP & Neiman's all come with Tags & Dust Bag, even though they're not mentioned in the Description. Good point about not able to resell for as much without those things! I've e-mail Bluefly (I want to have written proof of what they say), but haven't heard back from them yet.

For $1150, I'd want tags, card, dustbag. MINOR scratches on the lock is not unusual... just means YOU don't have to have heart failure cause YOU made the first one. The brass scratches pretty easy IMO. Look as best you can inside the bag and check it out well... in case it has been carried. I hear stories of girls buying bags in the major dept stores and finding stuff in the bags, so maybe you'll find some MONEY! :P
Calm until until you hear from Bluefly. In the meantime, carry her around the house, put your wallet in there....and make sure you like her and that she's big enough. Give yourself a couple of days to play with her.

I had 15% off that price when I checked out. But that's still a good sum, and you're right, I want the tags, card and dust bag, the works. If they can't provide those, I want a Discount! I've e-mail them (haven't mentioned the Discount yet, I want to hear what they have to say first), but they haven't written back yet.

I'm going to try my darndest to take some pictures tomorrow, don't want to wait til the weekend. I really want to have this baby authenticated, although I think she's good. There are No Handle balls, wierd fonts, and the heatstamp looks good. I don't mind the minor scratches on the lock and plate, as the bag is in Near Mint Condition overall. I do like the bag and I've been looking for a Black Baby Paddy on eBay without much success! I'll most likely keep it if it's authenticated! Thanks guys for your support! :yes:

I had 15% off that price when I checked out. But that's still a good sum, and you're right, I want the tags, card and dust bag, the works. If they can't provide those, I want a Discount! I've e-mail them (haven't mentioned the Discount yet, I want to hear what they have to say first), but they haven't written back yet.

I'm going to try my darndest to take some pictures tomorrow, don't want to wait til the weekend. I really want to have this baby authenticated, although I think she's good. There are No Handle balls, wierd fonts, and the heatstamp looks good. I don't mind the minor scratches on the lock and plate, as the bag is in Near Mint Condition overall. I do like the bag and I've been looking for a Black Baby Paddy on eBay without much success! I'll most likely keep it if it's authenticated! Thanks guys for your support! :yes:

I know hon... you've hunted like a fiend for that black paddy. I hope you get your dustbag, tag, cards. They are beneficial should you ever resale, and it is nice to have the dustbag to store the bag in. I wonder WHY they would not have had all of that w/ the bag.
Glad you like her tho! I love all my paddys. And check the list to see what all pix you need, as they are ALL important.