Blue hues

I've considered the same dilemma and after acquiring blue marine box and indigo fjord bags, I still think I want a lighter blue as well, like the brighton. I love the purplish undertones orchids mentioned. (What a stunning blue sapphire Birkin, btw! I always love seeing it :drool: )

I have a request in for indigo box birkin or brighton blue chevre....they weren't turned down, but no word on them yet. I found a blue marine box Birkin and 32 HAC from a trusted reseller/friend, and grabbed them. Pictures below. I don't have a pic of the blue marine box birkin in action, but it looks great with all jeans (imo) because it's darker, it goes to the base blue color and holds the match. Here's a pic of the blue marine box HAC with a couple shades of blue clothes.

I think brighton blue could be more hit and miss, like blue jean...depending on the shade of your jeans. But if you don't mind dark bags, blue marine or indigo is a sure winner imo - it covers all the blue bases well. (Also, the indigo is so dark, it can mimic black when necessary. )

Here's a pic of black box next to blue marine box for comparison.

Katel, :heart:
Cant see your pics!!!

oh, that's odd....I'll cut and paste

attachment.php

attachment.php

attachment.php

I just got back home with my children. I took them to the doctor. I thought they both had the flu, but the doctor's diagnosis was viral...Anyway, I love all the modeling pictures. The opinions of everyone were insightful. Although I'm leaning towards the BB, I think the indigo is more versatile. I definitely want PHW because it will pop and add understated elegance to this classy color. Looking at the modeling photo with the faded jeans in the background gave me a better perspective of the marriage of the two blue shades. I plan to purchase this one myself so I'm trying to hold off on going into the store to investigate it further. I'll probably want it soon if I did this. I will order it in a year. I know I want an HAC in the 28cm or a baby Birkin. I look forward to wearing it casually and as a dress bag. A gift to myself is complete bliss.:tender:

Katel, your Birkin looks gorgeous on you!!!
That is box with GHW??
Actually, by your comparision pics, it looks quite different.
Looks scrummy!!!

Thank you Raz! I'm wearing a blue marine boxcalf 32 HAC with ghw in the pic; the others are black boxcalf ghw 35 Birkin and blue marine boxcalf phw 35 Birkin.

coleigh -- I chose indigo because I wanted something dark but not black (black H bags and I do not get along!) -- but I love blues and now I wonder if the indigo might be too plain??!! I love brighton...and kinda want a bolide in the mou style (had one not mou and sold it as I generally prefer mou) -- it just is confusing!!!

BTW, I did recently add an etoupe to my collection and am amazed at what a great color it is! Kind of neutral for me but I love it!

Shoes, it is confusing for me, too. I have time so I can sleep on it many nights.
I have an etoupe Picotin, and I love it. It works with most of my wardrobe. It is definitely a winning color IMO. What handbag did you get in etoupe? Etoupe has that wow effect. I want a blue that can ignite that same feelings. Congratulations on your new treasure.

coleigh...the etoupe is a bolide! It's perfect - it's funny because I didn't really care for the color at all but it grew on me and now that I have one I adore it! Since I generally prefer a bit of a splash...I am thinking brighton might be the snap I love!