Blue Brume and stitching?

ellabellaz

Sep 13, 2020
Mine is a 2020 K25 in epsom (I’m assuming one of the first batches?). I thought I was insane for seeing yellowing around the stitching but it is very visible (to me atleast) especially on the sangles stitching. And I do agree that this seems to be worsening with time and needs to be taken back to Hermès. I don’t quite understand why or how this would be happening in the first place - sun exposure? Overall, very disappointing and my bigger fear is that Brume may be phased out completely - if not already

acrowcounted

Uh oh...
O.G.
Feb 10, 2007
I think it’s the way some batches of Epsom take the leather dye and how it doesn’t set so deeply into the leather due to the pressed grain stamping. The material of the stitching seems to be wicking parts of the dye from the leather. It’s got to be something particular to the Bleu Brume dye combined with the fact that the thread itself is undyed and thus likely more susceptible to soaking up color (though we don’t see this issue with recent gold or etoupe bags so :shrugs: ).

ellabellaz

Sep 13, 2020
I think it’s the way some batches of Epsom take the leather dye and how it doesn’t set so deeply into the leather due to the pressed grain stamping. The material of the stitching seems to be wicking parts of the dye from the leather. It’s got to be something particular to the Bleu Brume dye combined with the fact that the thread itself is undyed and thus likely more susceptible to soaking up color (though we don’t see this issue with recent gold or etoupe bags so :shrugs: ).
Ahhh thank you for being so knowledgeable and starting this conversation. It’s a shame really - I’m crossing my fingers that this is fixable and doesn’t require a replacement as I’d be crushed to part with it

Reactions: acrowcounted
yours has white stitching too, right? This is exactly how my wallet looked. I have a chevre Constance in BB too and hoping the same thing doesn’t happen with this one. My Constance slim wallet (BB Epsom) is fine for now too. I’ve had it about 3 months shorter than the wallet, so let’s see...

Definitely bring it to your H shop and ship it to Paris to have them assess the situations. But as far as I know there isn’t a fix for it (or at least yet). :sad::sad:

Reactions: ellabellaz

ellabellaz

Sep 13, 2020
yours has white stitching too, right? This is exactly how my wallet looked. I have a chevre Constance in BB too and hoping the same thing doesn’t happen with this one. My Constance slim wallet (BB Epsom) is fine for now too. I’ve had it about 3 months shorter than the wallet, so let’s see...

Definitely bring it to your H shop and ship it to Paris to have them assess the situations. But as far as I know there isn’t a fix for it (or at least yet). :sad::sad:
Thank you for sharing - mine is indeed white stitching and I’ll have it sent in asap for assessment

Yoshi1296

Dec 29, 2012

The thread Hermes uses is waxed right? Maybe thats why?

Perhaps the Bleu Brume color shows the wax more as it saturates into the leather? Not sure. Hope you can get this fixed!

foxyqt

O.G.
May 22, 2007
This is very unfortunate :sad: is it even fixable?

My sister has a Bleu Brume Epsom KTG, I asked her to check and hers is still looking good. Wondering if its a matter of time or does it exacerbate with use/weather?