Blue Brume and stitching?

Mine is a 2020 K25 in epsom (I’m assuming one of the first batches?). I thought I was insane for seeing yellowing around the stitching but it is very visible (to me atleast) especially on the sangles stitching. And I do agree that this seems to be worsening with time and needs to be taken back to Hermès. I don’t quite understand why or how this would be happening in the first place - sun exposure? Overall, very disappointing and my bigger fear is that Brume may be phased out completely - if not already

I think it’s the way some batches of Epsom take the leather dye and how it doesn’t set so deeply into the leather due to the pressed grain stamping. The material of the stitching seems to be wicking parts of the dye from the leather. It’s got to be something particular to the Bleu Brume dye combined with the fact that the thread itself is undyed and thus likely more susceptible to soaking up color (though we don’t see this issue with recent gold or etoupe bags so :shrugs: ).

I think it’s the way some batches of Epsom take the leather dye and how it doesn’t set so deeply into the leather due to the pressed grain stamping. The material of the stitching seems to be wicking parts of the dye from the leather. It’s got to be something particular to the Bleu Brume dye combined with the fact that the thread itself is undyed and thus likely more susceptible to soaking up color (though we don’t see this issue with recent gold or etoupe bags so :shrugs: ).
Ahhh thank you for being so knowledgeable and starting this conversation. It’s a shame really - I’m crossing my fingers that this is fixable and doesn’t require a replacement as I’d be crushed to part with it

yours has white stitching too, right? This is exactly how my wallet looked. I have a chevre Constance in BB too and hoping the same thing doesn’t happen with this one. My Constance slim wallet (BB Epsom) is fine for now too. I’ve had it about 3 months shorter than the wallet, so let’s see...

Definitely bring it to your H shop and ship it to Paris to have them assess the situations. But as far as I know there isn’t a fix for it (or at least yet). :sad::sad:

Reactions: ellabellaz
yours has white stitching too, right? This is exactly how my wallet looked. I have a chevre Constance in BB too and hoping the same thing doesn’t happen with this one. My Constance slim wallet (BB Epsom) is fine for now too. I’ve had it about 3 months shorter than the wallet, so let’s see...

Definitely bring it to your H shop and ship it to Paris to have them assess the situations. But as far as I know there isn’t a fix for it (or at least yet). :sad::sad:
Thank you for sharing - mine is indeed white stitching and I’ll have it sent in asap for assessment

The thread Hermes uses is waxed right? Maybe thats why?

Perhaps the Bleu Brume color shows the wax more as it saturates into the leather? Not sure. Hope you can get this fixed!

This is very unfortunate :sad: is it even fixable?

My sister has a Bleu Brume Epsom KTG, I asked her to check and hers is still looking good. Wondering if its a matter of time or does it exacerbate with use/weather?

Dozens of people have already shared here and on other social media channels that they have placed a SO this month, the colors were not updated, and Bleu brume was the only one removed (with pictures also to support this). This is the first I’m hearing anywhere of additional colors not being allowed. I would be interested to hear which colors you are referring to. Also, your store seems to have weird rules that most other stores don’t, like specifying exactly which bag model a client is allowed to SO, so it’s hard to say exactly what’s going on in your case (would love to know the store/region for future reference that things are done differently there). Unfortunately SAs often give bad info either out of ignorance or just unchecked assumptions so in my opinion is it always wise to side with actions vs speech and there always seems to be random rumors (“rose sakura has run out”) that don’t come to fruition when further clients at a different store successfully order and receive it. Also, leather is constantly being ”manufactured” and replenished so even if it were “sold out” in July, that doesnt mean it won’t have been “restocked“ by whenever the artisan sits down to construct the bag several months later. Bleu Brume was removed due to quality in manufacturing issues not stock supply.
Hi, sorry if it is off topic… what was the problem with Bleu Brume, I just got a bag in chèvre in Bleu Brume, what do I need to look for?

Omgoodness guys im so glad I found this thread. I have been noticing the white stitching on my BB epsom mini k turning a slight yellow for the past 6 months but have been ignoring it as work/life was so hectic (moving overseas, wedding etc) . It’s really made me feel less in love with the bag. I want to bring it back to my home store but it has been 18 months since I purchased it…. I am just seeking confirmation from any members who have any personal experience in this matter , did your SA/SM confirm that Paris is aware of this particular issue ? (So I don’t look like a difficult client as this will be my second bag I am raising concerns with, first was in 2019 where the bag had a mark on it right from the box). It’s always tricky in H as you want to be polite and non difficult customer but also it’s a lot of money for a bag.

• Sad
Reactions: carlinha