Blue Brume and stitching?

ellabellaz

Sep 13, 2020
Starting a thread for people to share/discuss interesting factoids (or fallacies) they’ve heard or learned while shopping with Hermès over the years.

I’ll go first:
  • Gold, Étoupe and Blue Jean are the only colors that use white contrast stitching instead of tonal switching (excluding SO’s)
  • The Constance is more demanding in terms of craftsmanship than B or K
  • All non-SO B’s are lined in chèvre mysore
  • Something I find interesting: There’s a veau monsieur and a veau madame :lol:

I’m sure some of these might be common sense to the seasoned client but I still found these facts(?) interesting when I learned them. If any of these are not true, please let me know! Would love to hear from others to collectively expand our knowledge horizons:drinks:
I have a Blue Brume and if my eyes do not betray me, that color has contrast white stitching too! Can any other Brume owners can concur?

Anyone else notice yellowing of the stitching on Bleu Brume bags, especially in Epsom? It almost looks like the thread wicks the dye out of the leather and the leather turns white while the stitching turns yellow…
OMG THANK YOU! I thought I was losing my mind over a) tonal stitching on Brume which I’ve never seen people talk about and b) the yellowing of it! Mine is in epsom as well and I have definitely noticed a yellow hue on the stitching

• Angry
Reactions: A bottle of Red
Mine is tonal. But contrast would be gorgeous View attachment 5579359

Hey, this is bleu pale, which indeed has tonal stitching. Bleu Brume on the other hand does have white stitching.
Anyone else notice yellowing of the stitching on Bleu Brume bags, especially in Epsom? It almost looks like the thread wicks the dye out of the leather and the leather turns white while the stitching turns yellow…

It’s my favourite colour and I have several pieces, including a wallet that I sadly had to send to Paris because of the stitching. But in my case the stitching stayed the same and the area around the stitching turned green. Someone showed me a Facebook post of a Kelly that had the same isssue. In the case of the bag Paris actually ended up keeping the bag and offered the owner another one (I think she ended up getting craie / Nata instead). Still waiting to hear back about my wallet.

OMG THANK YOU! I thought I was losing my mind over a) tonal stitching on Brume which I’ve never seen people talk about and b) the yellowing of it! Mine is in epsom as well and I have definitely noticed a yellow hue on the stitching
These are four different blue Brume epsom mini kellys that fashionphile currently has listed for sale. You can clearly see that they have white stitching in various degrees of yellowing and then the worst one is so yellow that the leather looks to have turned yellow as well. :sad: If the yellowing of yours really bothers you (it would drive me crazy!) I would take the bag back to the store and ask for their opinion. They may keep your bag though but I believe the issue will continue to get worse with time. Sorry this is happening.

62444A44-AB85-43C1-B8BF-B64C075C3A2B.jpeg

FE88862E-9635-4D38-963D-FE5EBC4D921F.jpeg

9EE9D2A2-54A9-470A-8490-6FB89287FB76.jpeg

2F7C0252-3BAA-498A-A6A2-6E415C91E13A.jpeg

Reactions: Dinhky
Hey, this is bleu pale, which indeed has tonal stitching. Bleu Brume on the other hand does have white stitching.

It’s my favourite colour and I have several pieces, including a wallet that I sadly had to send to Paris because of the stitching. But in my case the stitching stayed the same and the area around the stitching turned green. Someone showed me a Facebook post of a Kelly that had the same isssue. In the case of the bag Paris actually ended up keeping the bag and offered the owner another one (I think she ended up getting craie / Nata instead). Still waiting to hear back about my wallet.
Yea sorry, lack of sleep from my sons sleep regression. For some reason I thought this was bleu brume.