Black vs Black

S'Mom

Resistance is Futile
O.G.
Apr 8, 2006
Quick question....would you own more than one black bag if it was the same style but different leather and size?

For example....

28cm Black Box retourne with gold and 32cm Black Vache retourne with gold

Tanker.....yes, I think one would be a workhorse while the other a more "lunch date" or "I'm in the mood to carry my box Kelly today" type bag...KWIM?

Dear S'mom, here's what I would do ( did!)
Get the iconic BBK and for fun/ workhorse get a color.
Hermes created such gorgeous colors...if you really prefer a dark neutral consider indigo ( looks richer than black in Clemence ) , graphite, or any other color that makes your heart sing.

All but one of my bags are black. I have a 28 cm and a 38 cm Steve in black clemence. I wouldn't mind having a 40 cm HAC in box and another one in togo or clemence.

If you wear all black, the materials and textures seem to make more of an impact.

Dear S'mom, here's what I would do ( did!)
Get the iconic BBK and for fun/ workhorse get a color.
Hermes created such gorgeous colors...if you really prefer a dark neutral consider indigo ( looks richer than black in Clemence ) , graphite, or any other color that makes your heart sing.
^ This is a great suggestion. I think two blacks of the same style is a bit repetitive, maybe indigo would work as an alternative.