Black vs Black

Ladies.....as always you are all so wonderful! I've decided to hold out and wait for a 32 in a color other than black but still within my neutral comfort zone....maybe at my age it's time for me to stretch my color wings a little!!!
You will be SO glad you did.
Please consider one of the gorgeous chameleon colors.
My first birkin purchased is indigo Clemence with GHW.
At night it appears black ( but richer) and by day is blue black with a hint of violet.
Truly gorgeous bag...very refined. Had originally wanted black but I'm much happier with indigo.
For black , nothing beats box leather.

Thank you ladies!!! You know me so well!!!!

INDIA - Yes and now after a number of 28's (I still have two) I find I could use the extra roominess of the 32. Plus sometimes (dare I say this) a slightly bigger bag can look so chic!

GRACEKELLY - Thank you....That's what I was thinking too. One could really be a workhorse and one for more "refined" use....
You may NOT have your 32 Kelly back, S'Mom! She's MINE forever!!!

Thank you ladies!!! You know me so well!!!!

INDIA - Yes and now after a number of 28's (I still have two) I find I could use the extra roominess of the 32. Plus sometimes (dare I say this) a slightly bigger bag can look so chic!

GRACEKELLY - Thank you....That's what I was thinking too. One could really be a workhorse and one for more "refined" use....

I like your style, D (as you know) and great minds....(you too gracekelly :heart:)

I did this, with 35 black box retourne ruthenium hw and with SO 35 black chevre de coromandel mou with rouge garrance interior brushed pall hw.

why I can justify it:
the interior makes the SO special and different than the black box, and the chevre can go out in the rain

the black box is not all weather, plus there is something absolutely INKY about black box - it just looks the blackest and richest of all blacks, imo.

you have your black box with rouge interior Kelly (that is so gorgeous and special), right?

what else is up your sleeve, missy :graucho:

KATEL - Yes, I have that gorgeous Black Box Kelly with the Rouge H interior and it's SO fabulous....just that little surprise inside like lacy knickers under your jeans! LOL! Ugh, and I would KILL for a black chèvre Kelly....or give up a lung.

Yes I would.

Black is my colour and I love it's elegance and the way it goes with everything I wear.
That said, I think I would lean towards another "neutral" colour. For me that would be a red rather than an etoupe or brown.

But looooove black.

Yes, Carls888....I have a gorgeous Rouge Garance Bolide that I ADORE! For some reason the Bolide in that color is perfect for me. I actually think that if the right black Kelly came along I'd go with it but my mind is open for anything!

Yes, Carls888....I have a gorgeous Rouge Garance Bolide that I ADORE! For some reason the Bolide in that color is perfect for me. I actually think that if the right black Kelly came along I'd go with it but my mind is open for anything!

Yes I would feel comfortable with having multiple black (or any desired color) bags: my theory about quality products is that the form, structure and quality is as important as the aesthetic and in fact is most of the aesthetic composition. I have a black birkin, two black trims, a black clutch and soon a black plume. The hardware completely changes a bag so to me........silver or gold totally is a different bag. I love both metals. Gold is chic, classic and timeless. Silver is chic and timeless yet a little more contemporary and disappears a bit. On the other hand I do not personally care for the ruthenium or the SO bags. I appreciate them but doesnt move me......

I love emerald green so I have two bags in bright green.

Oh most definitely, I'm also addicted to black bags. The box is such a different look I wouldn't even consider it to be the same bag :biggrin: And really, a black Kelly is something you' ll never regret not get tired of.

I don't have a lot of black bags. I think you know when you have reached the limit. Then you re ready to go for colour. I think I am ready - but I only have six black h-bags so maybe I have to have one more black Kelly before I go red.