Black Metallic Reissue or Classic Black Caviar Flap?

LOL, I totally agree. I find that our members here in the forum are more informed than the SA's.

There's also a medium classic flap w/lambskin and the new reissue lock w/the old chains. He probably just figured it was the reissue because of the new lock. The black metallic reissue that I saw definitely had the reissue chains. G'luck w/your decision, either bag would be an amazing addition to your GORGEOUS collection. :heart:

yikes i've gotta say i'm a bit confused now after reading this thread! :lol:

anyway sweetsparkle, i think i'd go with the metallic black reissue-- u can always purchase a black classic flap any other time. Btw what size were u after? :smile:

Did you get the feeling that the SA at the chanel counter @saks do not seem to be very knowledgeable?
SO I requested to see joseph because someone recommended him..He seems to know more than the other SAs. Perhaps he did make a mistake...but i wouldn't know.

So now if the black metallic is the classic flap with the new lock, then what is the difference between the reissue and the classic flap?

The black metallic is the reissue. The classic flap, which is posted in the pic, is caviar or lambskin. :smile:

Did you get the feeling that the SA at the chanel counters do not seem to be very knowledgeable?
SO I requested to see joseph because someone recommended him..He seems to know more than the other SAs.

So now if the black metallic is the classic flap with the new lock, then what is the difference between the reissue and the classic flap?

yes, i feel the same way. that the SAs have no idea what they're talking about sometimes. my SA was so hesitant when she told me it was the reissue. i was like, "are you sure?"

oh and to clarify, i think the bag we saw at saks is NOT the black metallic. it's simply the classic flap in lambskin or calfskin with the mademoiselle lock (same as the reissue lock). the black metallic reissue has not come out yet, and should look exactly like the previous reissues with distressed leather and chain straps.

thanks so much for your help ladies. this helps me pass on the bag. the price is far too expensive anyway. i'm going to get the black classic flap in the caviar leather :smile:

The black metallic bag with the mademoiselle closure and the chain w/leather interwoven is already available for sale. Damian sent me a picture of it. I can post it if anyone wants.

LOL, I totally agree. I find that our members here in the forum are more informed than the SA's.

There's also a medium classic flap w/lambskin and the new reissue lock w/the old chains. He probably just figured it was the reissue because of the new lock. The black metallic reissue that I saw definitely had the reissue chains. G'luck w/your decision, either bag would be an amazing addition to your GORGEOUS collection. :heart:

thanks! i think i'll pass on the classic flap with the mademoiselle clasp. it's too expensive. it was priced at $2465 or something around there. I rather pay $1750 for a classic flap with CC clasp. :smile:

yikes i've gotta say i'm a bit confused now after reading this thread! :lol:

anyway sweetsparkle, i think i'd go with the metallic black reissue-- u can always purchase a black classic flap any other time. Btw what size were u after? :smile:

i guess i might as well wait for the black metallic reissue to come out and decide which one i like better. but smoothporter just said that the bag i saw at saks is the black metallic. ok, now i'm super confused. hehe.

WOW, everyone here is confused. The ONLY way we know if it's the black metallic reissue is to ask the SA does it have the suffix "226" or "227" or "225 at the end???
If it doesn't then it's NOT the black metallic reissue... Even our best SA's get them confused, but we have to be a step ahead of them! :smile:
The black glazed lambskin flap with the mmlle turnlock and leather chains is NOT the black metallic reissue. The black metallic reissue is not released yet and will have the traditional reissue chains!
The style code is "A30226" or -225.. it has to have the size at the end.

blackchanel.jpg

darksilverchanel.jpg

clk55girl...thanks!
metallic black reissue didn't hit shelves yet, else it'd have the new chain aka the reissue chain...

so what i saw must have been the classic flap in black....

I think that is what i got so far.

The tag on the bag they showed me said black not metallic black so I did ask twice: This is the metallic black?? I looked at size 226 and it was listed for 2395 if i remembered correctly. I think the SA (not joseph) thought i was crazy cuz she already said that's the metallic black reissue.

I absolutely agree with Anne.

WOW, everyone here is confused. The ONLY way we know if it's the black metallic reissue is to ask the SA does it have the suffix "226" or "227" or "225 at the end???
If it doesn't then it's NOT the black metallic reissue... Even our best SA's get them confused, but we have to be a step ahead of them! :smile:
The black glazed lambskin flap with the mmlle turnlock and leather chains is NOT the black metallic reissue. The black metallic reissue is not released yet and will have the traditional reissue chains!
The style code is "A30226" or -225.. it has to have the size at the end.