Gucci Black disco vs. Black marmont shoulder (camera) bag

Not sure if you have already made your decision but I was just at the Gucci store this weekend. I have been debating on getting the gucci disco bag. I finally did it yesterday. Should be receiving it soon. But quality wise, I checked the marmont but I was not impressed with the quality. The leather is really soft and as a crossbody I don't think it would age well. I had experiences with that type of leather and I ended up regretting it. I touched the disco before and I think the pebbled leather can handle the day to day activities as a shoulder/crossbody bag. The length as I remember was very close. I am 5'2" and the marmont hit the bottom of my hips. Good luck on your decision.

Not sure if you have already made your decision but I was just at the Gucci store this weekend. I have been debating on getting the gucci disco bag. I finally did it yesterday. Should be receiving it soon. But quality wise, I checked the marmont but I was not impressed with the quality. The leather is really soft and as a crossbody I don't think it would age well. I had experiences with that type of leather and I ended up regretting it. I touched the disco before and I think the pebbled leather can handle the day to day activities as a shoulder/crossbody bag. The length as I remember was very close. I am 5'2" and the marmont hit the bottom of my hips. Good luck on your decision.

Thank you for your advice! I actually did end up getting the disco :smile: I also liked the feeling of the pebbled leather more, as well as the classic look and versatility of the bag.

Reactions: Indiana
I also got my first black disco bag on Saturday. Had a look first at the Marmont but the sales assistant kind of favoured the Disco saying that the pebbled leather would hold better day to day than the marmont. Anyways, my heart was set on the Disco until she showed me the crossbody chain disco flap because of its versatility...took me hours to decide and she was so patient. But I went with the Disco and I'm happy about it!

Reactions: Indiana
I'm trying to figure out the same thing for myself: getting a Soho Disco or the GG Marmont small camera bag.

I've had the Disco before and I wore it to death -- literally. I miss having that bag in my closet! It was perfect for casual, everyday use, as well as travel. I'm ready to rebuy it, but I'm intrigued by the Marmont. The only thing that holds me back is the strap length. At only 5'1", I wore the Soho on the shortest hole and it hit me perfectly on my hip. After watching some YouTube reviews, it seems like the Marmont's strap is longer. Do any of you ladies know what the Marmont's strap length is on the shortest hole?

Reactions: Pink_ice_cream
I'm trying to figure out the same thing for myself: getting a Soho Disco or the GG Marmont small camera bag.

I've had the Disco before and I wore it to death -- literally. I miss having that bag in my closet! It was perfect for casual, everyday use, as well as travel. I'm ready to rebuy it, but I'm intrigued by the Marmont. The only thing that holds me back is the strap length. At only 5'1", I wore the Soho on the shortest hole and it hit me perfectly on my hip. After watching some YouTube reviews, it seems like the Marmont's strap is longer. Do any of you ladies know what the Marmont's strap length is on the shortest hole?

Hi! Not sure if you already found your answer but I was wondering the same thing (thinking of purchasing the small camera bag online and I'm only 5'2), and I called a SA who said at the shortest length it's 21"

Hi! Not sure if you already found your answer but I was wondering the same thing (thinking of purchasing the small camera bag online and I'm only 5'2), and I called a SA who said at the shortest length it's 21"

Good question. The Gucci website says that the marmont is a 24" drop and the disco is 21.6". I wonder if those are for the longest settings? When I tried them on in the store they seemed comparable in length but I don't remember if the straps were adjusted the same or to the shortest or longest settings...

Good question. The Gucci website says that the marmont is a 24" drop and the disco is 21.6". I wonder if those are for the longest settings? When I tried them on in the store they seemed comparable in length but I don't remember if the straps were adjusted the same or to the shortest or longest settings...

Longest

thanks for the input. It seems that the mini bag can fit more than my baby saint laurent :smile: my iphone 6 plus is using an ottebox which doubles its size so i could only put a phone and and a mini wallet.

Yes! My baby SL is so tiny! That's actually what's driving my upcoming Disco/Mini Marmont purchase. I really can only use the SL as an evening bag (though it does make a cute little cross body.:smile:

Thank you for your advice! I actually did end up getting the disco :smile: I also liked the feeling of the pebbled leather more, as well as the classic look and versatility of the bag.

In your first post, you mentioned that you liked usually carrying a bottle of water with you. I am the same, I have to have a bottle of water with me. Would you be so kind as to tell us, did a bottle of water fit in the Marmont Camera Bag? From the measurements online, I think it will, but when you see bags in person, it can be a little bit different than going from online dimensions. Thanks!! :smile:

In your first post, you mentioned that you liked usually carrying a bottle of water with you. I am the same, I have to have a bottle of water with me. Would you be so kind as to tell us, did a bottle of water fit in the Marmont Camera Bag? From the measurements online, I think it will, but when you see bags in person, it can be a little bit different than going from online dimensions. Thanks!! :smile:

If I remember correctly, both bags did fit the plastic nestle water bottle I had with me that day. It does take up a lot of space but it fits :smile:

3FCA7D32-3895-48DD-B98E-683578B2839E.jpeg I recently struggled with same decision—Black soho vs Black marmont. I expected to like Marmont better but in store, I found the disco so soft and luxurious feeling, and while the Marmot looks incredible, the feel wasn’t nearly as good as I expected. I fell in love with the way disco fit me. But I also really wanted something Marmont (besides my belts) and ended up with... sorry it’s not best pic but I am thrilled with these two new babies