Birkins and Laptops?

vivala said:
LOL! Auto correct makes heavy things, rhinos?!!

Well, I don't mean that the bag would break....just that I would hate to stretch it out.....

So you mean, your bag is not more slouchy because you put heavy things in it?

Birkin was created to be used as a tote , I always stuffed mine to the max and the bags are still as good as they were first bought ... Here's a pic of my Birkin today being doubled as a shopping bag , I even put my dinner take away in it ...

image-147620404.jpg

sydspy said:
Birkin was created to be used as a tote , I always stuffed mine to the max and the bags are still as good as they were first bought ... Here's a pic of my Birkin today being doubled as a shopping bag , I even put my dinner take away in it ...

I see big orange box!!!!

Yes agree on stuffing it to the max, that's what it is meant to do, not just look pretty.

A Birkin is just a bag , lets use it as such ...

Exactly. "Saving" and babying bags and stuff won't really make anyone happy, in my experience. You get much more pleasure out of using them, and if there ever comes a time when a bag has finally worn out you'll probably be ready to part with it anyway.

good to know about the mac book air. too bad we cannot choose our company laptop so far... I agree with using the Birkin, my only concern is that 6lbs concentrated on a small strip (the lenght of my laptop actually touching the bottom of the bag) would make a crease into the bottom one day. But I've heard the 40cm's bottom is reinforced?

For sure! My 35cm birkins double as my work bag so when I'm flying for work, I carry my 11" MacBook Air plus iPad plus file folders in addition to my personal stuff. It's awesome!