Birkin Toile de Camp Dechainee

Thanks for this thread! I just purchased the bag in question, a gorgeous Dechainee Toile de Camp 35 Birkin with black swift PHW, at Hermes. Stood there with my mouth open when they took it out of the plastic and said “Yes please!” instantly!

The swift is beautiful, soft and matte. I have several swift bags and while you have to be a bit careful with the corners you’d want to be anyway with the Toile. The Toile is natural warmish beige and has a lovely irregular texture. More like linen or flax than the usual crisp toile. The curb chains/chain design is printed in black. I grew up with horses so love the motif from that point of view as well as aesthetically.

It’s very much a neutral, great with other neutral colors as well as brighter ones. Like most of the H bags it can be used in a very casual way as I usually do or be very chic worn with black. It hasn’t even been a week yet but has already been more commented on by all sorts of people than any other bag.

It’s from the AW17 lineup, 1K more than the usual 35B. Feels lighter than the leather 35. The bottom is swift and it’s lined in black swift as well. Smells divine! The dechainee pattern also came on a smallish Kelly with barenia leather and on a Constance with black leather, according to the SA. On the Constance the pattern runs vertically over the top of the flap.

How utterly gorgeous, pierina! Like you, I adore the horse connection in the design and love the warmth of the Toile against the black leather.

Fabulous review; thank you! I can’t tell you how much I crave one myself!

Thanks for this thread! I just purchased the bag in question, a gorgeous Dechainee Toile de Camp 35 Birkin with black swift PHW, at Hermes. Stood there with my mouth open when they took it out of the plastic and said “Yes please!” instantly!

The swift is beautiful, soft and matte. I have several swift bags and while you have to be a bit careful with the corners you’d want to be anyway with the Toile. The Toile is natural warmish beige and has a lovely irregular texture. More like linen or flax than the usual crisp toile. The curb chains/chain design is printed in black. I grew up with horses so love the motif from that point of view as well as aesthetically.

It’s very much a neutral, great with other neutral colors as well as brighter ones. Like most of the H bags it can be used in a very casual way as I usually do or be very chic worn with black. It hasn’t even been a week yet but has already been more commented on by all sorts of people than any other bag.

It’s from the AW17 lineup, 1K more than the usual 35B. Feels lighter than the leather 35. The bottom is swift and it’s lined in black swift as well. Smells divine! The dechainee pattern also came on a smallish Kelly with barenia leather and on a Constance with black leather, according to the SA. On the Constance the pattern runs vertically over the top of the flap.

What a great bag! I particularly love it with the palladium hw. Excellent choice!

Strikingly beautiful (and I don't typically love the non traditional variations).
This birkin is WOW and the pattern is perfect and appropriate, given that it is a tote.
Most fabulous tote, of course.
LOVE IT

Wow....absolutely gorgeous!!! You must have a smile on your face when you carry this gem!❤️

pierina and meowlett, these are gorgeous, thanks for sharing! :heart: Wonderful finds, lucky girls, so glad you are enjoying! :flowers:

So sorry I missed your lovely comment, etoile, thank you! It’s fall in the northeast and I still keep going back to this bag. I was concerned that it would be more of a summer bag but yesterday it went out in 40 degrees with a blonde shearling jacket, no problem!

So sorry I missed your lovely comment, etoile, thank you! It’s fall in the northeast and I still keep going back to this bag. I was concerned that it would be more of a summer bag but yesterday it went out in 40 degrees with a blonde shearling jacket, no problem!

Hi pierina :wave:, so glad you're enjoying it, and fun to hear it's so versatile, too! I'm missing fall in New England, lucky you already wearing shearling. :smile: Your jacket sounds lovely!

Thank you, thank you!!! It was the most wonderful surprise ever at H. Still completely thrilled with it.

@pierina2, I love your bag so much! You are so lucky. I turned down a toile constance at FSH because I really wanted yours. Enjoy it!

Hi pierina :wave:, so glad you're enjoying it, and fun to hear it's so versatile, too! I'm missing fall in New England, lucky you already wearing shearling. :smile: Your jacket sounds lovely!