Birkin Toile de Camp Dechainee

suziez

May 1, 2016
Good morning everyone, Has anyone purchased the Toile de Camp Dechainee birkin?? I'm not 100% sure on how I feel about this bag and would appreciate any and all input. And if you do have this bag can you post pictures, I'm not sure as to how to style this bag either.
Thanks so much I will anxiously await your responses.

I was offered this but have not seen it in person. I was concerned that it was "trendy" so to speak. I have always valued you opinion on the forum so I will go and see it. Thanks so much
Thanks so much, I am honored!!
I don't find it trendy, it's fresh-looking but classic to me. And I like toile even better in a B than in a Kelly. You now have me looking for a combo bag....

Thanks so much, I am honored!!
I don't find it trendy, it's fresh-looking but classic to me. And I like toile even better in a B than in a Kelly. You now have me looking for a combo bag....
I just spoke with my sa and she told me the sides and handles are swift. hmmm not sure about that leather. I am not going to be able to see it until end of next week and it might possibly be gone by then...I am waiting on a Kelly touch and i just don't want to miss this unique bag either. The problems with Hermes......oh my

I just spoke with my sa and she told me the sides and handles are swift. hmmm not sure about that leather. I am not going to be able to see it until end of next week and it might possibly be gone by then...I am waiting on a Kelly touch and i just don't want to miss this unique bag either. The problems with Hermes......oh my
Oh I hear you. Swift is tougher than you think though and the bag will be light.
Oh great now I want one #hermesproblems

Thanks for this thread! I just purchased the bag in question, a gorgeous Dechainee Toile de Camp 35 Birkin with black swift PHW, at Hermes. Stood there with my mouth open when they took it out of the plastic and said “Yes please!” instantly!

The swift is beautiful, soft and matte. I have several swift bags and while you have to be a bit careful with the corners you’d want to be anyway with the Toile. The Toile is natural warmish beige and has a lovely irregular texture. More like linen or flax than the usual crisp toile. The curb chains/chain design is printed in black. I grew up with horses so love the motif from that point of view as well as aesthetically.

It’s very much a neutral, great with other neutral colors as well as brighter ones. Like most of the H bags it can be used in a very casual way as I usually do or be very chic worn with black. It hasn’t even been a week yet but has already been more commented on by all sorts of people than any other bag.

It’s from the AW17 lineup, 1K more than the usual 35B. Feels lighter than the leather 35. The bottom is swift and it’s lined in black swift as well. Smells divine! The dechainee pattern also came on a smallish Kelly with barenia leather and on a Constance with black leather, according to the SA. On the Constance the pattern runs vertically over the top of the flap.

Attachments

• 16FE0645-A8D3-41C2-942A-EECE07F55CD2.jpeg
    16FE0645-A8D3-41C2-942A-EECE07F55CD2.jpeg
    403.8 KB · Views: 891
  • 5FEE28CC-DC21-4836-BD36-A6AB887FD085.jpeg
    5FEE28CC-DC21-4836-BD36-A6AB887FD085.jpeg
    454.3 KB · Views: 881
  • BE0599DF-BE16-4C6E-81D0-207A08C748C0.jpeg
    BE0599DF-BE16-4C6E-81D0-207A08C748C0.jpeg
    399.5 KB · Views: 884
  • C56DE108-875A-4824-A18D-A95586C3B0A9.jpeg
    C56DE108-875A-4824-A18D-A95586C3B0A9.jpeg
    425.9 KB · Views: 890
Thanks for this thread! I just purchased the bag in question, a gorgeous Dechainee Toile de Camp 35 Birkin with black swift PHW, at Hermes. Stood there with my mouth open when they took it out of the plastic and said “Yes please!” instantly!

The swift is beautiful, soft and matte. I have several swift bags and while you have to be a bit careful with the corners you’d want to be anyway with the Toile. The Toile is natural warmish beige and has a lovely irregular texture. More like linen or flax than the usual crisp toile. The curb chains/chain design is printed in black. I grew up with horses so love the motif from that point of view as well as aesthetically.

It’s very much a neutral, great with other neutral colors as well as brighter ones. Like most of the H bags it can be used in a very casual way as I usually do or be very chic worn with black. It hasn’t even been a week yet but has already been more commented on by all sorts of people than any other bag.

It’s from the AW17 lineup, 1K more than the usual 35B. Feels lighter than the leather 35. The bottom is swift and it’s lined in black swift as well. Smells divine! The dechainee pattern also came on a smallish Kelly with barenia leather and on a Constance with black leather, according to the SA. On the Constance the pattern runs vertically over the top of the flap.
Very true
Stunning piece

Good morning everyone, Has anyone purchased the Toile de Camp Dechainee birkin?? I'm not 100% sure on how I feel about this bag and would appreciate any and all input. And if you do have this bag can you post pictures, I'm not sure as to how to style this bag either.
Thanks so much I will anxiously await your responses.

I don't own one but I'll snap it up with no hesitation if I'm offered one!

Ah!! What a stunning bag! Congrats!!