Birkin straps are stretching!!!

HH, I took a look at pictures of Bolides I used to have, and although all have different handle shapes (new or pre-owned), I've noticed that only the Chevre ones had handles that were slightly "pointy round"--new AND used. Seems to me that the cowhides have a little more elasticity, and therefore probably bounce back into shape.

Great pics and a good comparision...it's so nice to have this forum to ask these questions....when I got one bag the turnkey was very loose and I was sooo upset!! Until I learned from a pf friend that some bags come like that - some are tight and some are not...whew!! Felt better about that...I hope you are still able to enjoy your bag...

Rubygirl, I echo the experiences expressed by 24 and MrsS. it's normal for the straps to stretch a little bit---it is after all, leather. Mine are all getting a little pointy--Togo, Chevre, & Fjord. My Trim in Clemence is so pliable that I can only imagine how yours is getting "pointy" a little quicker.

And 24, major drool over your gorgeous MF in Chevre! I'm awaiting the same combo (30, MF, PH) but in Fjord.

HH, I took a look at pictures of Bolides I used to have, and although all have different handle shapes (new or pre-owned), I've noticed that only the Chevre ones had handles that were slightly "pointy round"--new AND used. Seems to me that the cowhides have a little more elasticity, and therefore probably bounce back into shape.

thank you. this is good news. :flowers:

Thanks everyone for your expertise. The clemence Birkin is my first H bag and I baby it to death! So I notice every little thing. I'll get over it now I know it is common for this to happen.

24, please post more pics of your birkin. :heart: :heart: :heart:

MrsS, orchids, hNe, and rubygirl, thanks! MrsS & rubygirl, at your request here's another pic of my workhorse Birkin, which looks great with everything, including this Hermes bleu lavande cashmere scarf! This is one of my favorite color combinations.
mfb30bleulavande24F.jpg

MrsS, orchids, hNe, and rubygirl, thanks! MrsS & rubygirl, at your request here's another pic of my workhorse Birkin, which looks great with everything, including this Hermes bleu lavande cashmere scarf! This is one of my favorite color combinations.
mfb30bleulavande24F.jpg

24, this is truly birkin seduction. Hard to breathe...Come to think of it, there was that sexy red birkin a while back....do you have another career that we don't know about?

Do you find corner rubbing to be an issue with your chevres?