Birkin lookout club

Greentea said:
I suggest we just make this into a Hermes lovers thread! I could talk about Hermes for hours and neglect all sorts of domestic duties around my house!

Okay, my dream Birkin is a 30 cm in Gold/Palladium (LOVE to find it in Chevre but it will probably end up being Togo. That's fine too.)

I want my first Kelly to be a classic 28cm in black box, rigide with Palladium HW.

My next H bag will most likely be a blue Jean Bolide 31 in Clemence.

I also want a Blode 27 in fuschia chevre. Such a sweet, precious little bag I plan to use for evening or parties.

I'm thinking of buying those cute "H" slides in gold leather for summer. Anyone ever try these on?

Whoops, that's BOLIDE, not Blode!!

Greentea said:
I'm thinking of buying those cute "H" slides in gold leather for summer. Anyone ever try these on?

Great idea about the Hermes lovers thread :lol: I'm in!

I haven't tried on those particular ones, but I loveeee the eiffel tower shoes they have out now :biggrin:

I think this thread is a great idea. I'm like you Coco-nut... thinking of a Birkin or a Kelly, but not immediately. Also, Greentea, I love to hear about Hermes, generally and to learn from you!

I haven't seen those, Noriko, but my H is a little over an hour away. I can ony go once or twice a month. :sad:
If it were closer, I'd be in there constantly.
Are the E Tower shoes the platforms in Vogue and Bazaar?

melisande said:
I think this thread is a great idea. I'm like you Coco-nut... thinking of a Birkin or a Kelly, but not immediately. Also, Greentea, I love to hear about Hermes, generally and to learn from you!

Thanks! I'm going to have to wait for my Birkin, too. You have to develop a relationship with a SA first and then be considered for the list. I'm not any sort of VIP but I work with one person in there and will hopefully be invited to get on the list at some point. I'm patient and there are plenty of things in there for me to obtain in the meantime!

...also, as I mentioned last week, Cologne is renovating and expanding their Hermes store, I think they will have some amazing stuff available once the store opens in June.

Greentea is right - relationship with a nice sales associate is what it takes. I have a black 35 cm with palladium and it took about seven months - I passed on a tan one with gold hardware in 35 cm in the meantime. Some of the associates aren't helpful but there are nice ones out there!

irvinggrrl said:
Greentea is right - relationship with a nice sales associate is what it takes. I have a black 35 cm with palladium and it took about seven months - I passed on a tan one with gold hardware in 35 cm in the meantime. Some of the associates aren't helpful but there are nice ones out there!

Lovely! What leather is your bag?:love:

coco-nut said:
Actually, I'm quite sure that my local NM carries Hermes bags. (NM - Troy, Michigan) Our closest Hermes boutique is 200+ miles away in Chicago, so perhaps NMs with nearby boutiques aren't allowed to carry bags? I'm just guessing.

But personally, I'd be interested in genuine used Hermes bags.

Yes!! NM at Somerset can order Birkins- I called and they said that there is about a 2-3 year wait list but they can "work with you". I really don't know what that means- but will keep my eyes out too!