Birkin Lining, Lambskin?

All white Birkins and Kellys for sure. I am positive about this.
Very light colors I have not seen in Clemence but in Box du Nepal, and those were lined with lambskin.

white bags are always lambskin (agneau) or swift lined due to the fact that there is no white chevre (marrocain and others )
with the rest i agree with perlerare

I have bought some White Birkins in 2007 and 2008 ( Clemence and Epsom) , and those are lined with Chevre. It's a new thing. I just got a new one yesterday . Lined with chevre as well.

Last edited:
thanks so much guys! btw lilach, since you mentioned there is no white chevre marrocain, how are they able to do that now with the newer birkins? I mean I am not second guessing you, just trying to learn as much as I can :yes:

purse-o-holic, your support and enthusiasm is greatly appreciated!

and perlerare, how I would love to be in your shoes right now, please do share with us photos of your lovely new baby :smile: I wish I could say "I just got a new one yesterday" too! lol congrats on it. Was is also white? ahhh, how divine. I truly wish I could get a new white 35 but that ain't happening at the local boutique where I am at. And since I figured my chances of getting a white one from FSH on a random visit are slim, I went ahead and bought this from the very A+ seller on ebay. I figured if I DO in the event come across a new one fresh out of the box(I wish and wish) at any H boutique, then I will just go ahead and sell this one off(I love how I have everything planned as though this will all really happen in reality haha)

In any case, thanks guys for all your input and support. You ladies are truly wonderful :tup::heart:

I have bought some White Birkins in 2007 and 2008 ( Clemence and Epsom) , and those are lined with Chevre. It's a new thing. I just got a new one yesterday . Lined with chevre as well.

oh than that is a very new thing(or irregular ) my last bag in white epsom is still lined with agneau and is a L stamp

i just knew they always had problems with the chevre and white as the color did not stick on it. since all my whites are either agneau or swift lined i never followed up or updated my knowledge thanks for sharing!

will follow up with h though on my bag why it is not chevre ligned though grrr.

:tup:

thanks so much guys! btw lilach, since you mentioned there is no white chevre marrocain, how are they able to do that now with the newer birkins? I mean I am not second guessing you, just trying to learn as much as I can :yes:

as i said the official saying always was no white chevre (no marrocain no cormonadel no jhansi etc) due to the fact chevre skin reacted to the white dye (white dyes are a problem all on their own as they are more paints than dyes and h had some problems with htem in the past)

same reason there is no shiny white croc (matte yes bt i explained that eslewhere)
so why there is white chevre now? well i do not know maybe they found a way to make it stick? will follow up with h on this

my information was based on what i knew experienced and have been told but as i said since i never had a white chevre ligned bag so i took it for granted it would still be the same - thanks to perlare i now know better and will definately check why my bag is still agneau ligned
:smile:

lilach, if its not too much trouble would you mind posting some pics of your lambskin lined birkin or pm-ing me with those? The one I have on mine is a really really soft and broken in lambskin.

Lilach, Well, I did not know that there were White bags released with Lambskin lining after 2007...since I got some with Chevre lining either in 2007, 2008 and just yesterday ( yes I just got a white one !) I simply assumed that it was a general thing.

I must say though, that Chevre in white is not absolutely optical white as Clemence and Epsom are. It has some off-white reflects somehow.... but as far as I am concerned, I think it is acceptable and globally an improvement....in terms of maintenance....

:shame: Now I am embarrassed. I posted in the other thread that I have never ever seen a Clemence Birkin with lambskin lining. And learning from you perlarare, lilach, it's because it's unique to WHITE Clemence Birkins. LOL! It's my own self-imposed limitation and I apologise. I don't own any white Birkins and have never taken a keeness to one, so therefore, have no real life experience with one, to even know that they come with lambskin. So the mystery is solved.

One point which I'd like some clarification, if perlarare or lilach can enlighten. A customer if permitted to place a SO, can have contrast colour for the interior lining. But the choice of skin/canvas is restricted, no?

mrssparkles I have been admiring your generosity in the authentication thread and now learn the largesse of your heart

No apologies ever needed, it is such a pleasure to know a member like you
:tup::heart::tup::heart::tup:

Congrats maddox, I'm sure your new birkin is gorgeous! H lambskin lining is so buttery soft and beautiful - my croc KP is lined in lambskin and I get as much pleasure from the inside as the outside, truly!

One thing though - it's so soft and more delicate than chevre, thus even more susceptible to press marks and scratches, so I would suggest getting a purse insert like a chameleon or purseket if you don't already have one.

Looking forward to the pics!

First of all, Maddox, CONGRATS! That is one bag that I really want (only in 30, PHW) and it is so nice to see someone get one!
Second of all, that is really great news. There is something so unbelievably luxurious about a leather-lined bag. I am surprised that it's the current, and not the vintage ones, that have it.
Is your bag like this one? This is swift-lined. Another year, but I am betting this is what yours looks like.