Bill Skarsgård

^^ I'm confused, too ... but I'm thinking about one simple question, is it better to be friend with "an enemy" or to be with him on the warpath? :cool:

Keep your friends close, and your enemies closer. ;)

I think Bill is a smart boy who knows that being on JJ's page will do wonders for his career. Look at Kate Bosworth, she's on the gossip pages all the time and she still gets work because of it. Celebs need gossip rags and gossip rags need celebs.

BTW, I watched Simple Simon on youtube last night. It's a cute little film and Bill is really good in it.

Now JJ is promoting Bill Skarsgard and his "Hemlock Grove":

14.jpg
Peep this exclusive sneak peek of HEMLOCK GROVE's Bill Skarsgard and Penelope Mit...

and Bill will be at WonderCon 2013, Friday March 29, 2013 6:30pm – 7:30pm, Room 300DE.

Well, at least he's not promoting Vikings :cool:

tumblr_lfvdpvOV4S1qcu1hm.gif

I'm actually looking forward to the show. Famke Janssen is usually always great and it'll be interesting to see Bill too.

I wish we could see him pout some time - I don't know from who he got those lips, but.. yeah :biggrin:

I'm looking forward to the show too (though it's questionable when we get to see it here) but it always leaves a stale aftertaste with me when JJ is promoting something so vividly. You know he's personally invested then. Especially with the Skarsgårds it seems. And does Bill know that he has to hang with JJ at Coachella now? :P

I'm looking forward to the show too (though it's questionable when we get to see it here) but it always leaves a stale aftertaste with me when JJ is promoting something so vividly. You know he's personally invested then. Especially with the Skarsgårds it seems. And does Bill know that he has to hang with JJ at Coachella now? :P

LOL! I'd say that's a small price to pay for some free PR and VIP tix. ;)
I'm looking forward to seeing this. I'm sure it'll be leaked online soon after it's broadcast. *keeps fingers crossed*.

Billy is looking good in these pics. I've noticed that starting from Sam, the younger Skarsgards look a lot more alike. The blue-eyed Askars and Gurra do stand out.

LOL! I'd say that's a small price to pay for some free PR and VIP tix. ;)
I'm looking forward to seeing this. I'm sure it'll be leaked online soon after it's broadcast. *keeps fingers crossed*.

Billy is looking good in these pics. I've noticed that starting from Sam, the younger Skarsgards look a lot more alike. The blue-eyed Askars and Gurra do stand out.

Yeah but have some dignity for God's sake.
Some of the other Swedes aren't doing JJ and they're doing fairly well. Fares, Vikander, Espinosa, Rapace etc. all are getting (role) offers without the help of JJ.

Yeah but have some dignity for God's sake.
Some of the other Swedes aren't doing JJ and they're doing fairly well. Fares, Vikander, Espinosa, Rapace etc. all are getting (role) offers without the help of JJ.

I wonder if there's any sort of connetion between who they have as agents/publicists and this pattern. I mayb be naive but I still refuse to believe that either Alex or Joel or Bill for that matter are interested in being tabloid material. I think they connect public interest with more visibilty and thus bigger chances of interesting parts. But I may be very naive :smile: Lots of other Scani-actors have gotten good parts without the blogger-interest (I'll add Mads Mikkelsen, Ulrich Thomsen, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) so it's not something you need to get them obviously.

I wonder if there's any sort of connetion between who they have as agents/publicists and this pattern. I mayb be naive but I still refuse to believe that either Alex or Joel or Bill for that matter are interested in being tabloid material. I think they connect public interest with more visibilty and thus bigger chances of interesting parts. But I may be very naive :smile: Lots of other Scani-actors have gotten good parts without the blogger-interest (I'll add Mads Mikkelsen, Ulrich Thomsen, Nikolaj Coster-Waldau) so it's not something you need to get them obviously.

I think it might be. I believe Bill is signed with CAA too, like Alex. And it could be that CAA is working with certain publicists like Alex's Robin Baum. I don't know if Bill has a publicist yet but I'd think so. Alex's publicist likes to work with JJ hence Alex maybe handing down tips to Bill about how to get attention and exposure.
I believe the rest of the Swedish Mafia (Fares, Kinnaman, G. Skarsgard, Espinosa, Varela) are signed with UTA which is still a big agency but not such powerhouses as CAA and WME. If I look at the list of actors they've signed they seem to go for more of a "success through acting" kinda approach meaning most of those actors are not known to work with JJ or majorly working the PR angle. Of course there are always exceptions to the rule. CAA has signed some great actors that refuse to work the PR angle. And we all know why Joel is tabloid fodder at the moment. :sneaky:

I think it might be. I believe Bill is signed with CAA too, like Alex. And it could be that CAA is working with certain publicists like Alex's Robin Baum. I don't know if Bill has a publicist yet but I'd think so. Alex's publicist likes to work with JJ hence Alex maybe handing down tips to Bill about how to get attention and exposure.
I believe the rest of the Swedish Mafia (Fares, Kinnaman, G. Skarsgard, Espinosa, Varela) are signed with UTA which is still a big agency but not such powerhouses as CAA and WME. If I look at the list of actors they've signed they seem to go for more of a "success through acting" kinda approach meaning most of those actors are not known to work with JJ or majorly working the PR angle. Of course there are always exceptions to the rule. CAA has signed some great actors that refuse to work the PR angle. And we all know why Joel is tabloid fodder at the moment. :sneaky:

Very interesting - thanks for the info :smile:

What I don't quite understand is that we can have someone like Alex, who clearly doesn't like the paps and yet he doesn't seem to have any issues with JJ. This puzzles me. Not that he should knock him out first chance he got, but the friendliness just really .. I don't get it. For me it seems the dotted lines between JJ and paps aren't even dotted - but I guess it must look differently from the other side, since Bill has no issues with JJ either. I guess if you never, ever look at JJ's site for yourself (or for yourself) it must look differently.. but still. Strange.