Big city girl stuck in redneck hell!

Janette.....LAKELAND? Oh my! Come on down to Miami, pm me anytime and we will take you out on the town to do some serious shopping and purse watching at Bal Harbour, Merrick, etc. Your GST Coach and mine can join all the other tpfer's GST Coaches for lunch and shopping.:heart: H

Please, don't judge a man by whether or not he can identify a Chanel bag! Don't you think it's the ones who know the brand and style that you would want to stay away from? That poor guy was just trying to be nice.

I feel bad for all the nice people who live in your area being so cruelly stereotyped like this. I am just shocked. This is just a mean spirited thread and I'm just shocked that its in TPF. Maybe you don't mean to be so harsh and judgemental (just because someone lives in a "double-wide" doesn't make them subhuman) but your choice of words is a bit disturbing. A stranger gave you a compliment. The people in town are less sophisticated than you are. So what? They are definitely more friendly. You are in essence laughing behind their backs. Thats tolerance?

ITA. I have to add also, that through my life I have noticed that my "friends" who are the educated, wealthy, well off folks seem to disappear when times get tough, and it is my "salt of the earth" friends, perhaps less educated and not driving a BMW who were there when my mom was in ICU for a month, I needed a ride to the vet when my doggie was very ill, my garage would not open at midnight on a Sunday...etc. Don't forget OP, that somewhere out there someone would consider you or me or any other member here "less than" because we only own one home and don't summer in the Hamptons or own million dollar artwork.

The guy definitely meant well!

My inlaws are the same way - on one of the dinners with them, DH asked them if they knew what I was carrying, and my MIL said 'a brown bag' (referring to an LV)!

I think this happens a lot - I've been asked where I got my nice BULOVA watch (when I was either wearing a Rolex or an Omega). I could tell they liked my watches since they went on about it for a bit... although not anywhere in the same league, I gave them credit for trying to make a compliment and just nicely let them know where you could buy one!

I think this happens a lot - I've been asked where I got my nice BULOVA watch (when I was either wearing a Rolex or an Omega). I could tell they liked my watches since they went on about it for a bit... although not anywhere in the same league, I gave them credit for trying to make a compliment and just nicely let them know where you could buy one!

Did you tell them where to buy the Rolex or Omega? Have they ever came back and mentioned that the Bulovas have really increased in price over the years? :P

he meant well...
He was trying to be so friendly- thank fully you did not crush his spirits- to some people Coach is so expensive and he was so proud that he could tell a designer bag.. lol

i agree....
boy... even my husband rarely willingly gives me compliments on my bags... He says that my bags look nice only after I ask him.... DOH!

I think I need to hang out with this guy. this guy seems to be a lot more hip than my husband.

Did you tell them where to buy the Rolex or Omega? Have they ever came back and mentioned that the Bulovas have really increased in price over the years? :P

Now THAT would have been funny if my former classmate did that! Damn, those Bulova watches would have been a great investment! What the heck are we complaining about with the Chanel bag price increases...:roflmfao: