Big Bag Bucket! - Céline Bucket

Congrats! I just got mine today! We are bag twins now!!
Yaaaay! I am pretty sure I made the SAs day, calling like right before they closed on Monday which are always the worst for retail and just being like “yes, I want it. Yes, I know the price. Yes, here is my credit card.” I’m sure people do all that and more all the time but I worked retail and I know how awesome it is to nab a sale (especially one you barely have to work for) just before you close

View attachment 4010774 View attachment 4010775

View attachment 4010776 well my impatience knows no bounds and I got my bucket bag today

I really love it! And bonus it’s nowhere near as heavy as most Celine bags are and it can feasibly crossbody while still having decent space!

Love this bag!! Curious and how you're liking it and with the opening in particular. I checked this out in the store and maybe I passed on it too quickly but the opening seemed very stiff and like it would be annoying getting in and out of. I'm not hoping I was wrong and should give this a second look! I want something a little larger than my trio and was looking at this or the small big bag!

Love this bag!! Curious and how you're liking it and with the opening in particular. I checked this out in the store and maybe I passed on it too quickly but the opening seemed very stiff and like it would be annoying getting in and out of. I'm not hoping I was wrong and should give this a second look! I want something a little larger than my trio and was looking at this or the small big bag!

I loosened up the belt to the first hole and within a couple of days the leather has already softened. I am not having any trouble with it, but I would recommend going with a lighter shade to help with the whole bottomless bag thing

Reactions: obscurity7
I posted this in the new purchases thread but also will post here for reference. I got the bucket bag in Amazone. It’s a stunning color, and can go with pretty much everything. The stock photo on the website doesn’t do it justice. Here’s a photo with my black mini peekaboo. My Neverfull pm is in the background. The bag is a good size, not too big or small, as you can see compared to the other bags.

My first Celine, I’m very happy with it and plan to use it for a VERY long time.

Attachments

• 188EB375-6176-4E3C-800A-92B1255F5D6F.jpeg
    188EB375-6176-4E3C-800A-92B1255F5D6F.jpeg
    127.2 KB · Views: 1,320
  • E1778B8C-BE6E-4E66-900D-253666823954.png
    E1778B8C-BE6E-4E66-900D-253666823954.png
    145 KB · Views: 1,347
Cogratulations! I am new to Celine and just tried this bag on, in the color you chose, last week. I had gone in wanting to see the Small Big bag (which is also stunning). I am incredibly impressed with the quality of the leather and the way that the bucket bag looks on. I have no bucket-style bags and unexpectedly fell for this one.
I loved my SA and have decided that I am going to go back for the bag. I had originally planned to purchase for my upcoming trip to London, but the nature of the smooth leather made me re-think that decision. I would worry about this bag while traveling (at least while it's new) in possibly rainy weather. I think the style is just timeless enough to look great for years to come! Enjoy!

I posted this in the new purchases thread but also will post here for reference. I got the bucket bag in Amazone. It’s a stunning color, and can go with pretty much everything. The stock photo on the website doesn’t do it justice. Here’s a photo with my black mini peekaboo. My Neverfull pm is in the background. The bag is a good size, not too big or small, as you can see compared to the other bags.

My first Celine, I’m very happy with it and plan to use it for a VERY long time.

I can’t stop thinking about this bag in Amazone. Are you still loving it and how are you feeling about the color?

I can’t stop thinking about this bag in Amazone. Are you still loving it and how are you feeling about the color?
Hi, I do still love it. The color is was the tipping point for me, and I bought it mainly because of it. I'd seen the tan one before, but once I found out there is a green one, I wanted it. The green is so lovely, and a year-round color. That's a lesson learned for me - always choose a year-round color.

I've used it three times now. Pros and cons. Pros: the strap is so soft and comfortable on my shoulder. I put a bottled water in, and the weight doesn't bother me at all, since the strap is nice and wide. The leather is supple (I find myself squeezing it from time to time lol). The color goes with pretty much everything. I wore it with a pastel pink top and tan pants. I didn't have time to change bags, but it didn't look too weird. It's like a black bag, but not as harsh. The leather seems quite hardy and not scratch-prone. There aren't any marks on it, yet, though it's only been 3 times.

Cons: I don't really like the way it looks crossbody. Because the bottom is a circle, I think it looks kind of strange crossbody. So I only wear it on my shoulder, which is fine. Another thing. The top is pretty open (I have it on the last hole), so I do find myself checking to make sure my wallet is still there after going through a crowded place. Kind of paranoid I know. The bag is pretty deep, so it's not a huge issue (someone would literally have to reach in pretty far to get anything), but I wouldn't bring this bag to Europe or anything. When I'm going up or down escalators I move it towards my front.

It's a very easy bag. That's how I'd describe it. Easy. No flaps, no zippers, just easy and comfortable. Simple and understated. Classy and luxurious. I don't regret it.

Hi, I do still love it. The color is was the tipping point for me, and I bought it mainly because of it. I'd seen the tan one before, but once I found out there is a green one, I wanted it. The green is so lovely, and a year-round color. That's a lesson learned for me - always choose a year-round color.

I've used it three times now. Pros and cons. Pros: the strap is so soft and comfortable on my shoulder. I put a bottled water in, and the weight doesn't bother me at all, since the strap is nice and wide. The leather is supple (I find myself squeezing it from time to time lol). The color goes with pretty much everything. I wore it with a pastel pink top and tan pants. I didn't have time to change bags, but it didn't look too weird. It's like a black bag, but not as harsh. The leather seems quite hardy and not scratch-prone. There aren't any marks on it, yet, though it's only been 3 times.

Cons: I don't really like the way it looks crossbody. Because the bottom is a circle, I think it looks kind of strange crossbody. So I only wear it on my shoulder, which is fine. Another thing. The top is pretty open (I have it on the last hole), so I do find myself checking to make sure my wallet is still there after going through a crowded place. Kind of paranoid I know. The bag is pretty deep, so it's not a huge issue (someone would literally have to reach in pretty far to get anything), but I wouldn't bring this bag to Europe or anything. When I'm going up or down escalators I move it towards my front.

It's a very easy bag. That's how I'd describe it. Easy. No flaps, no zippers, just easy and comfortable. Simple and understated. Classy and luxurious. I don't regret it.

Thank you for this thorough review!!! I’m also happy to hear that you have no regrets and that it’s easy and comfortable. Those are important to me when I’m lugging my kids around.

Reactions: Annawakes

I agree with your review. I also prefer carrying mine on shoulder and not cross body. As to the wide open, have you tried to tighten the belt a bit. I tied mine to the second hole and I like the open that way. Not as wide but big enough to get my hand in and out easily. Here’s a couple of pics of my beauty. I love how easy to use it.

IMG_1578.jpg
IMG_1582.jpg

I agree with your review. I also prefer carrying mine on shoulder and not cross body. As to the wide open, have you tried to tighten the belt a bit. I tied mine to the second hole and I like the open that way. Not as wide but big enough to get my hand in and out easily. Here’s a couple of pics of my beauty. I love how easy to use it.

View attachment 4064833
View attachment 4064838
Thanks for the tip! I will try putting it to the second hole, I like it makes the belt look longer too.

Your bag is absolutely gorgeous. Love it on you!!!!

Reactions: hikarupanda
Ashamed to say that not only did I break my ban on buying but it’s also blue @Kendie26 kill me now :lol:

Here is mine in the slate colour. I very nearly bought the small big bag in burgundy, I was so close but chose not to based purely on the bigger depth. If it was half the depth it would be perfect. I have to say that pictures of these bags do not do them justice, they are so so nice in person

IMG_2040.jpg

Ashamed to say that not only did I break my ban on buying but it’s also blue @Kendie26 kill me now :lol:

Here is mine in the slate colour. I very nearly bought the small big bag in burgundy, I was so close but chose not to based purely on the bigger depth. If it was half the depth it would be perfect. I have to say that pictures of these bags do not do them justice, they are so so nice in person

View attachment 4071950
:ps: OMG is it you dollface?!!! I just rubbed my eyes as i saw your name/alert come up!!! Hold on.....
Oh & biggest :congrats:...this is totally your killer style!!:hugs:

Reactions: BlueCherry

View attachment 4071950
That bag in that color is my absolutely favorite of all the Celines! Break all the bans and all the rules! Congrats, it's truly a stunning bag! :loveeyes::loveeyes:

Reactions: BlueCherry