Bidder ID's and items kept private on sellers feedback

Most of my auctions were private because of things that were happening with weirdos and things that I learned from this forum. And I do/did sell housewares...maybe you are talking about me lol. It sure did cut down the drama in some aspects listing private auctions. But if someone doesn't like a private auction they don't have to bid I guess.

Most of my auctions were private because of things that were happening with weirdos and things that I learned from this forum. And I do/did sell housewares...maybe you are talking about me lol. It sure did cut down the drama in some aspects listing private auctions. But if someone doesn't like a private auction they don't have to bid I guess.

Absolutely! To my mind there is nothing wrong with private listings and I'd prefer it if more were private so my other half can't see what I'm spending all his money on!! :roflmfao:

Absolutely! To my mind there is nothing wrong with private listings and I'd prefer it if more were private so my other half can't see what I'm spending all his money on!! :roflmfao:

In a perfect ebay world, we should have three choices instead of two. Private as it is now, Public as it is now, and Semi - Private - ok to read comments, but keep the items we bought or sold PRIVATE!

I keep suggesting this to ebay but "they don't take suggestions".

scenario I witnessed:
Seller had 100% feedback but was selling fake juicy couture (whenever someone emails her about the fake, she refunds in full and the buyer leaves pos. feedback to avoid negative retaliation). Her autiva was set to automatically leave positive after receiving positive. A few buyers left positive feedback saying "Fast shipping but items are FAKE FAKE! I took it to the store" and "FAKE, stay away!"
So she changed her feedback to private.

I think that maybe as a seller all of the private private private in a bidder's fb would alarm me. As some of you have pointed out, and as I have learned through a friend who had a bad experience purchasing a fake item on ebay, 100% positive powerseller means squat.

scenario I witnessed:
Seller had 100% feedback but was selling fake juicy couture (whenever someone emails her about the fake, she refunds in full and the buyer leaves pos. feedback to avoid negative retaliation). Her autiva was set to automatically leave positive after receiving positive. A few buyers left positive feedback saying "Fast shipping but items are FAKE FAKE! I took it to the store" and "FAKE, stay away!"
So she changed her feedback to private.
OMG! What a horrible story! Where are her auctions so I can report some!!! :wtf:

I agree Rue, as a buyer I would feel the same way too. Just not worth the risk for me, I'd feel more confident buying from someone that doesn't have private private private everywhere. Private says to me that even before any type of communication or transaction has occurred between the seller and I, something MAY already not be kosher.

I always thought private feedback was to cover up bad feedback and making the bidders to the auction private was so people who were unhappy with their transaction with the seller could not contact other potential buyers and warn them . =P

I think people are confusing private fb with private auctions.

I have a few private auction transactions that have visible feedback on my fb. The private auctions, which don't allow you to see what I bit on, is cool. My total fb and the comments are open for all to see.

As a buyer, I can't control that someone made their auction private. When they leave me fb, everyone will still be albe to see the comments though.

Private fb, as in folks can't see the comments, is something else.

I actually like private auctions: I don't want everyone knowing what I buy, especially when goods get to be high priced.

I recently bought a part for my vehicle and I'm glad that auction was private. I don't want to be targeted or bothered due to the vehicle I drive.

I think people are confusing private fb with private auctions.

I have a few private auction transactions that have visible feedback on my fb. The private auctions, which don't allow you to see what I bit on, is cool. My total fb and the comments are open for all to see.

As a buyer, I can't control that someone made their auction private. When they leave me fb, everyone will still be albe to see the comments though.

Private fb, as in folks can't see the comments, is something else.

I actually like private auctions: I don't want everyone knowing what I buy, especially when goods get to be high priced.

I recently bought a part for my vehicle and I'm glad that auction was private. I don't want to be targeted or bothered due to the vehicle I drive.

Thanks for this, I think you are correct some people were getting confused between private auctions and private feedback.