Beyond frustrated with customer service!

D3183

May 6, 2013
I've been a chanel shopper for awhile now, and I decided to re-add a M/L classic flap to my collection. I found one at a Saks in my hometown (I live in a different state now) and wanted to use my Saks card, so I contacted the boutique and began working with a random SA. I began conversing with her on Sunday evening when she stopped responding to my texts. I called the store and she said that she'd in the morning and could ring me up then - and that the bag could be overnighted so I'd have it on Tuesday. It sounded like she was busy so I said sure, I'll contact you in the morning!

Fast forward to today - I texted her at 11am and said I was ready to buy and asked what the cutoff for overnight shipping was. She didn't reply back until close to 12 and said that she had just gotten into the store. I decided at that point to call in just to be sure that I could purchase the bag and have it overnighted. I spoke to her at just before 12 and gave her my info - she said she would call once it was rung up.

At 12:40 I hadn't heard from her, so I texted just to be sure everything was OK. She said that she hadn't rung it up yet and I reiterated that I wanted to be sure that the bag could leave today and asked if there was anything I needed to do to speed up the process. She replied almost an hour later, saying that the cutoff for overnight shopping was actually 3pm and we had time. By now it was 1:30 and I was getting anxious. I'd moved around an appointment tomorrow so that I would be sure to be home when the bag arrived.

At 2pm, she finally rung up the bag and I received a receipt in my email. I was relieved and she said she was just calling for authorization to ship. At 2:45 I hadn't heard from her, so I contacted her again and asked if everything was good. She said "nothing yet I just ran out of the boutique i'll try again when I get back". Knowing the cutoff was 3pm, I was getting super antsy. I asked "so it wont' ship today?" and she replied "the cutoff is actually 330 so we have time". In the meantime, I called saks credit services and they told me repeatedly that the bag was cleared to ship and all the SA needed to do was call in and they would authorize it.

4pm happens and she tells me that she had her coworker bring it down to shipping. I asked if it left today and she said she doesn't know because shipping is now closed. I'm pretty furious by this point because I gave her my info two hours before she rang the bag up. I call the boutique and am told by the manager that the bag did not ship today.

If you got this far, thanks for reading .... I'm so frustrated. I know it's a huge first world problem, but I rearranged my whole schedule (getting up 2 hours before I actually need to) to be here for this bag and now it's not coming tomorrow - all when if the SA had rang up the bag when I sent her the info, it would have been done in time. They agreed to refund the cost of the overnight shipping and told me I'd have the bag on Wednesday. Arggggh!

I'm a big Saks shopper and this is the norm after you give them your cc all contact is lost. I try to buy from two SA who are great the rest leave a lot to be desired.

I've been a chanel shopper for awhile now, and I decided to re-add a M/L classic flap to my collection. I found one at a Saks in my hometown (I live in a different state now) and wanted to use my Saks card, so I contacted the boutique and began working with a random SA. I began conversing with her on Sunday evening when she stopped responding to my texts. I called the store and she said that she'd in the morning and could ring me up then - and that the bag could be overnighted so I'd have it on Tuesday. It sounded like she was busy so I said sure, I'll contact you in the morning!

Fast forward to today - I texted her at 11am and said I was ready to buy and asked what the cutoff for overnight shipping was. She didn't reply back until close to 12 and said that she had just gotten into the store. I decided at that point to call in just to be sure that I could purchase the bag and have it overnighted. I spoke to her at just before 12 and gave her my info - she said she would call once it was rung up.

At 12:40 I hadn't heard from her, so I texted just to be sure everything was OK. She said that she hadn't rung it up yet and I reiterated that I wanted to be sure that the bag could leave today and asked if there was anything I needed to do to speed up the process. She replied almost an hour later, saying that the cutoff for overnight shopping was actually 3pm and we had time. By now it was 1:30 and I was getting anxious. I'd moved around an appointment tomorrow so that I would be sure to be home when the bag arrived.

At 2pm, she finally rung up the bag and I received a receipt in my email. I was relieved and she said she was just calling for authorization to ship. At 2:45 I hadn't heard from her, so I contacted her again and asked if everything was good. She said "nothing yet I just ran out of the boutique i'll try again when I get back". Knowing the cutoff was 3pm, I was getting super antsy. I asked "so it wont' ship today?" and she replied "the cutoff is actually 330 so we have time". In the meantime, I called saks credit services and they told me repeatedly that the bag was cleared to ship and all the SA needed to do was call in and they would authorize it.

4pm happens and she tells me that she had her coworker bring it down to shipping. I asked if it left today and she said she doesn't know because shipping is now closed. I'm pretty furious by this point because I gave her my info two hours before she rang the bag up. I call the boutique and am told by the manager that the bag did not ship today.

If you got this far, thanks for reading .... I'm so frustrated. I know it's a huge first world problem, but I rearranged my whole schedule (getting up 2 hours before I actually need to) to be here for this bag and now it's not coming tomorrow - all when if the SA had rang up the bag when I sent her the info, it would have been done in time. They agreed to refund the cost of the overnight shipping and told me I'd have the bag on Wednesday. Arggggh!

Very frustrating! I'm a Saks shopper as well and I find SAs very widely. Some have way better follow through and communication than others. The ones that communicate and stay on top of things earns my business. If you need a good SA, I've got a couple that I would recommend.

I'm so sorry you had to deal with this. Chanel SA's in general have a lot to learn about customer service, as do many people in customer service jobs in general. It seems to have gone the way of the dinosaurs with very few exceptions (Dior is amazing), whether it's luxury shopping or your phone provider. I guess this is where the underemployed, underpaid people end up, and they have attitudes the size of Gibraltar on their shoulders. It's not supposed to be this way. We pay for service, we pay for our luxury goods, and customer service is supposed to be just that...service to assist customers. If we wanted to handle things ourselves, there would be no need for those people, would there? Some days you just want to say, "bring on the robots...it can't get much worse than it is now."

Sorry this happened to you.

I know the desire of getting the bags right away! And with Saks, it seems regardless how much you have spent, you always get ground shipping unless it's coming directly from warehouse.

I have bad experiences with some SAs but three of my Saks SAs are very sweet and responsive.

If you need good SA contacts at Saks, I am more than happy to share.

Oh my! This sounds terrible. I mean we are the ones who keep them in business and they treat us like crap! How wrong. You should not have to go through this to buy a luxury item...it sounds more of a chore than anything else and takes the fun and excitement out of it.

Not surprised to hear this. The two Saks SAs that I've worked with acted like hungry vultures during the sales pitches. Then all communication stopped after the transactions were rung up. No tact or professionalism at all. I prefer to work with boutique SAs but the Saks rewards system is just too enticing.

Not surprised to hear this. The two Saks SAs that I've worked with acted like hungry vultures during the sales pitches. Then all communication stopped after the transactions were rung up. No tact or professionalism at all. I prefer to work with boutique SAs but the Saks rewards system is just too enticing.

I had a similar experience at saks. Got a pair of CLs from someone on Instagram from Saks..And She literally stopped relying back after i paid for the transaction..
and she appear again after another week.
And when i asked her for a tracking number she never replied either.
And she gave me the tracking after i receive the shoes..
Never going back to her again.
And i received a damage pair of shoes..And when i texted her about it.She said just return it..Wow.

My Saks SAs have been really good tho. Or maybe some BG SAs have lowered my bars.

I found NM emails you tracking # automatically from their system while Saks and BG are manual efforts for SAs.

I have a few Saks SAs that I work with constantly and I may not always get the tracking number but they usually follow thru and check if I have received the items. Also Saks always packs a returning label in the box while I have to call BG to arrange a pick up or bring the items to NM.