Beware of the super fakes

D3877A8F-3F26-4846-924E-18A14851CE0A.jpeg 22C0ACD0-0797-4E40-83DA-A5BAFEE4D268.jpeg Hi everyone,

I’m looking to buy my first Chanel boy bag and a preloved option came up from a local private seller. It’s a 17 series caviar in black with shiny silver hardware. I plan on getting it authenticated in person but before I meet the person, would be helpful to know if I might be wasting my time if the bag is not authentic.

I’ve read lots about superfakes so I’m a bit worried, does anyone have any experience that can tell me if this bag came out in that combo with a 17 mil serial?

Any help or comments would be appreciated! TIA

Reactions: Binkz
IMG_8543.jpgIMG_8554.jpgIMG_8556.jpgIMG_8559.jpg
IMG_8557.jpg

I purchased a pre-owned jumbo and Lollipuff deemed it as counterfeit. I’m already working on getting a refund but this bag completely fooled me! It even had the care and history booklets. Red flags were sticker had “moved” to the bottom of the bag and history booklet wasn’t filled out and didn’t have a stamp. The straps even creaked like expected.. These fakes are getting out of hand.

I am new to buying Chanel, but after my own scare on my really old vintage bag (which thankfully turned out to be fine) and hearing about how anything in the last 5 years or so is incredibly close to the better superfakes, I can't help but feel this is Chanel dropping the ball with their standards. Its absolutely unacceptable that professionals and even some SAs have to physically inspect (or ship off to France) to find out if a product is real or not. It begs the question; where is the incentive to buy new? When they are no longer plated in actual 24k gold and has a quality of leather than I have hearing just isn't the case anymore, but yet raising the price by hundreds each season...

I can't help but feel that a lot of these issues would resolve themselves if Chanel upped their game and actually stayed on the top when it comes to luxury materials and craftsmanship rather than trading on a name that will eventually wear thin.

View attachment 4231997View attachment 4231992View attachment 4231994View attachment 4231996
View attachment 4231998

I purchased a pre-owned jumbo and Lollipuff deemed it as counterfeit. I’m already working on getting a refund but this bag completely fooled me! It even had the care and history booklets. Red flags were sticker had “moved” to the bottom of the bag and history booklet wasn’t filled out and didn’t have a stamp. The straps even creaked like expected.. These fakes are getting out of hand.

Thanks for posting.

What do you mean by the straps creaked?

I've only purchased from the boutique and dept stores, but I thought I'd try and save 100 bucks. What I received was a super high end fake! Plasticky inner sole that is bubbling with improper font and printing. Wrong bottom sole sticker, wrong box (too big and no labels), and dust bags. It would've had me fooled if I didn't already have so many Chanel flats.

Lesson learned: don't try and save a few bucks by trying to buy from a "reseller".

Attachments

• 20181119_180613.jpg
    20181119_180613.jpg
    149.9 KB · Views: 1,141
  • 20181119_180523.jpg
    20181119_180523.jpg
    222.1 KB · Views: 1,133
  • 20181119_181036.jpg
    20181119_181036.jpg
    170.3 KB · Views: 1,138
  • Sad
Reactions: sydsunshine
These make me want to buy only directly from a boutique but also make me wonder why i’m paying so much more if super fakes have reached a similar level of quality as the real mccoy.

I understand paying for design, branding, etc, but at today’s price points it feels like we’re just paying extra for Chanel executives’ bonuses

These make me want to buy only directly from a boutique but also make me wonder why i’m paying so much more if super fakes have reached a similar level of quality as the real mccoy.

I understand paying for design, branding, etc, but at today’s price points it feels like we’re just paying extra for Chanel executives’ bonuses
I would say: because you dont pay for the "look" but for the product made by the chanel craftmenship with a famous history of year-long training. For the chanel leather quality and live-long value for the bag, gabrielle chanel designed. If it were just the look - sure, a fake will do. if you want everything else, there is no substitute, i think..

Reactions: LVtoChanel
I would say: because you dont pay for the "look" but for the product made by the chanel craftmenship with a famous history of year-long training. For the chanel leather quality and live-long value for the bag, gabrielle chanel designed. If it were just the look - sure, a fake will do. if you want everything else, there is no substitute, i think..

I think my understanding of paying for a brand premium is clearly stated. What I am saying is that super fakes highlight just how much of a premium that is, for the Chanel brand. Vis-a-vis other houses which have comparable or better quality.

Which makes plenty of consumers feel like they’re just being milked. As for quality of the recent bags - it ain’t great, in mine and many other people’s opinions.
Both these points have already been well discussed in the forum.

Whether current quality is acceptable or the price or whether or not the current brand premium priced in is worth what it is right, are subjective opinions.

In my opinion, it is extremely difficult to justify at current prices

One difference is that most luxury brands will replace or repair an item for a certain amount of time after purchase, or even for a lifetime depending on the brand, and this security and assurance is worth paying more for.
Also items that are truly better made, versus just looking almost the same will physically feel better when worn, whether that is the softness and construction of a shoe, the fine fabric and stitching of designer clothing, or the seamless lines and fluid mechanisms of jewelry.

Reactions: katlina
I am satisfied with everything about my 2.55 flap from 2014 I recently purchased although the lining does not fit exactly perfect at the bottom. However what is troubling me is that I cannot find information on how the turn lock sits on the leather. Is it okay that it is not at all sunk into the leather and does the leather look right please? View attachment 4679405 View attachment 4679406
You could try posting on the authentication thread.

Reactions: Chevron
Just stumbled across this thread and I'm in shock about the fake Chanel at Neiman. I've been purchasing bags at NM and this is making me super worried.
Out of curiosity, NM always gives me the tags (which match the serial number on the sticker & card on the real bag), so I'm wondering how someone could even swap a return with a super fake... :shocked::shocked:

Just stumbled across this thread and I'm in shock about the fake Chanel at Neiman. I've been purchasing bags at NM and this is making me super worried.
Out of curiosity, NM always gives me the tags (which match the serial number on the sticker & card on the real bag), so I'm wondering how someone could even swap a return with a super fake... :shocked::shocked:
Oh my gosh! Can you please tell me more about this?
I'm so worry now. I recently purchased a highly sought after bag from Nordstrom. It came with so many flaws but since it was the last bag anywhere in the US I kept it because I love the style and color combo so much. However they didn't include the tag with the serial sticker on it. She told me it's Chanel policy to discard that tag etc etc. I thought that was weird because Chanel boutique and NM always gave me that tag. My hubby ask if I'm sure this isn't a super fake and I laughed it off but now I'm scared. TIA!

Oh my gosh! Can you please tell me more about this?
I'm so worry now. I recently purchased a highly sought after bag from Nordstrom. It came with so many flaws but since it was the last bag anywhere in the US I kept it because I love the style and color combo so much. However they didn't include the tag with the serial sticker on it. She told me it's Chanel policy to discard that tag etc etc. I thought that was weird because Chanel boutique and NM always gave me that tag. My hubby ask if I'm sure this isn't a super fake and I laughed it off but now I'm scared. TIA!
Don't worry about the tag! I've also purchased from European & Canadian boutiques and they don't give the tag :smile: I also have friends purchase from Saks and they didn't get the tag either. I think it's based on company & country policy. But yes - NM has always given me the tags (which is nice :P)

But I would love to learn more about these super fakes at department stores, because I've always purchased at NM in the US & it's making me worried too. Someone mentioned in this thread that they bought a fake Chanel off NM, which is crazy to me especially because Neiman gives the tags (which should match the serial number sticker inside the bag). I can't imagine the fakes replicating the serial number as well, but maybe I'm too naive :eek: