Better to spend on shoes or purses?

I so wish I could say shoes because shoes can make or break an outfit whereas a bag gets placed down on something. However, I am a bagaholic for a reason. I love bags!! I check out women everywhere to see what bag they have on. I have trouble finding gorgeous shoes due to narrow heels so it makes shoe shopping a drag. When I do find shoes or boots that fit, I generally don't think twice about the price. I'm still wearing my LaCanadienne snow boots from 10 years ago and they don't show the wear! Bags, however, are a different story. I own a few premier designer bags and a few designer and overall I'd say every bag I bought was on sale. I just find they are very overpriced and need to be gotten at a discounted price. ( It's a psychological thing! )

To sum it up, bags! Hands down! Bags!!!

I have a very small foot so bag shopping is less hassle but I do enjoy a good pair of shoes. And I do think shoes can pull an outfit together. Now... I can use a purse everyday for a year and it will not bother me as long as I love my purse so purses are definitely a good investment. I do agree w a poster above that says you can't not think about clothes just bc you have a nice bag and shoes

I need to remember myself that English is not my native language and that I need to be more explicit when I want to say something so that people won't get confused and understand me wrong. :P Sorry if I didn't explain it right what I wanted to say about cheaper clothes & better purses and shoes!

I did not intent to imply that I don't take clothes into consideration. I do and I love them but I do compromise because I can't afford to buy designer labels when it comes to clothes too. Shoes and bags are more than I can handle. There are so many beautiful clothes out there for every budget so for the moment I think I can be dressed quite decent from retailers such as Inditex.

I really believe that by dressing from Zara or brands in the same price range can make you look nice without robbing the bank. Take for instance a simple pair of skinny jeans and a silk white shirt with a nice CL in your feet and a red lipstick! I honestly think that an outfit like this is more than you need to feel amazing.:graucho: It's all about mix & match designer stuff with more affordable products.

I hope I didn't upset anyone by replying but I didn't want to leave you the wrong impression :smile:. In a perfect world I'd prefer to have everything of good quality and amazing but at the moment I have to compromise. I am happy for those who can afford it and I only hope that one day I'll be able also. :smile: For now I am more than happy with my own choices!:smile:

P.S - I really love this place. You all are so welcoming! Thank you for making this forum so great!

Hugs,
Roxana!;)

I'm definitely a handbag girl (hence the sn) It took me a while to learn to appreciate what shoes can do for a look, but I have always checked out women's handbags first. I even check out men's briefcases or carry ons when I'm at the airport. 😊 obsessed!

I love them both equally. However, I tend to spend more on my bags, because I buy them full price. I usually buy shoes because they are on sale or full price if I am crazy in love w them. There are periods in my life when I would buy several bags, couple of months later several pairs of shoes, and then I would buy nothing for a looong time.

I love both, but have far far more shoes (in two cities) than I do bags. I think bags are a better value (sometimes) as shoes don't hold their resale value much unless they are unworn.

Bags, definitely! Although I only buy shoes that are comfortable, the price for them is far less than what I spend on the quality preloved bags (Hermès & Chanel) that hold their value. Plus, I have a much easier time spending $$$$$ on bags that never touch the ground vs. shoes that get dirtier with every wear. :smile:

Easy for me. Bags. They're much more durable and I really don't tolerate high heels well so I rarely get to wear the shoes I love to buy, anyway. *sigh* I still do spend way too much on shoes despite this, though!