Better Pics of the Cameron Bag

ValleyO

O.G.
Mar 18, 2006
CA
A custom order designed by LA boutique owner Cameron Silver and delivered after four months and three trips to Paris at a cost of $11,000. The exterior is indigo "grained calfskin" with a poitron chevre interior. It's being considered by Hermes for a wider release next year.

Personally I don't think it looks very practical as a tote or terribly attractive as a messenger, but the color combo is nice.

Attachments

ValleyO

O.G.
Mar 18, 2006
CA
^^damn I totally forgot to mention it :noggin: yep it's from the Nov/ Dec issue of Departures.

Lyanna Stark

Out of Control
O.G.
Dec 24, 2006
I like the tote version better than the messenger, it looks too busy imo. Thanks for sharing!

lecolquitt

Hermes please!
O.G.
Aug 8, 2006
BH&NYC
I love it :biggrin:. Not as much as his Mirkin, but Its nice :biggrin:
Isn't he going to be in Dallas in december sometime for something?
I'll totally purchase this if it becomes widely available.

CynthiaNYC

Mar 2, 2007
I actually think it's a great man-bag, and I'm another who likes the color combo. Clean and sporty, but still with a pop.
I had not seen that last photo before--that one wasn't in Departures, was it?

BTW Cameron got a shoutout from Stacy London last night on her new show, Fashionably Late. (Which BTW is a total snooze)

7jewels

Mar 17, 2007
Unitef States
Actually, I like the Steve better, and I don't like the Steve all that much. Both this bag and the Steve looks too generic. Also, the two-tone leather looks rather cheesy to me. Maybe I'll have a better opinion if I see it in person. The Steve seems to be a more practical bag.

Pepper

Raisinette
Authenticator
O.G.
Oct 12, 2006
I agree that Steve looks very generic (which is part of the appeal of it for my DH) and although the Cameron is more interesting, the Steve is probably more practical. I didn't see that last photo in the Departures article, either...

lizavet8

"Ruffian"
O.G.
May 3, 2007
Lonesome Dove
Wait, is that one bag, or two? Does the top of the tote fold over to become a messenger? Either way, I agree with y'all-it's not a very graceful bag.

Eric Fam

Eric
Oct 4, 2006
Georgetown, Penang.
Thanks so much for posting. Not sure if I would get it though. Like the Herbags, I might just end up using it as one or the other. With the Herbags, I end up using only one. Not both. I mean, I doubt I'd interchange.

As a messenger bag, I think it would look rather silly lifting up the 'flap' and ticking your entire arm into the sleeve opening. Not too practical when you're in a hurry or when you're mobile(or when the mobile is ringing!).

As a tote, I think it looks lovely. But usage as both tote and messenger would leave it with a serious set of wrinkles and creases in the leather horizontally around the middle of the bag. And I doubt it would stand upright properly. And I wouldn't be able to carry anything else......not if I can't put it in the crook of my arm.

Will consider the Steve in Messenger or Sac de Voyage instead. Am hoping to get a voyage size Paris-Bombay by January.....saving up! Does anyone have any of these bags yet? I need to get more info.

Regards,

Eric