Better Pics of the Cameron Bag

ValleyO

O.G.
Mar 18, 2006
A custom order designed by LA boutique owner Cameron Silver and delivered after four months and three trips to Paris at a cost of $11,000. The exterior is indigo "grained calfskin" with a poitron chevre interior. It's being considered by Hermes for a wider release next year.

Personally I don't think it looks very practical as a tote or terribly attractive as a messenger, but the color combo is nice.

Attachments

• 1.jpg
    1.jpg
    160.4 KB · Views: 150
  • 2.jpg
    2.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 123
  • 3.jpg
    3.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 122
  • 4.jpg
    4.jpg
    98.6 KB · Views: 116
  • 6.jpg
    6.jpg
    43.4 KB · Views: 150
I love it :biggrin:. Not as much as his Mirkin, but Its nice :biggrin:
Isn't he going to be in Dallas in december sometime for something?
I'll totally purchase this if it becomes widely available.

I actually think it's a great man-bag, and I'm another who likes the color combo. Clean and sporty, but still with a pop.
I had not seen that last photo before--that one wasn't in Departures, was it?

BTW Cameron got a shoutout from Stacy London last night on her new show, Fashionably Late. (Which BTW is a total snooze)

Actually, I like the Steve better, and I don't like the Steve all that much. Both this bag and the Steve looks too generic. Also, the two-tone leather looks rather cheesy to me. Maybe I'll have a better opinion if I see it in person. The Steve seems to be a more practical bag.

I agree that Steve looks very generic (which is part of the appeal of it for my DH) and although the Cameron is more interesting, the Steve is probably more practical. I didn't see that last photo in the Departures article, either...

Thanks so much for posting. Not sure if I would get it though. Like the Herbags, I might just end up using it as one or the other. With the Herbags, I end up using only one. Not both. I mean, I doubt I'd interchange.

As a messenger bag, I think it would look rather silly lifting up the 'flap' and ticking your entire arm into the sleeve opening. Not too practical when you're in a hurry or when you're mobile(or when the mobile is ringing!).

As a tote, I think it looks lovely. But usage as both tote and messenger would leave it with a serious set of wrinkles and creases in the leather horizontally around the middle of the bag. And I doubt it would stand upright properly. And I wouldn't be able to carry anything else......not if I can't put it in the crook of my arm.

Will consider the Steve in Messenger or Sac de Voyage instead. Am hoping to get a voyage size Paris-Bombay by January.....saving up! Does anyone have any of these bags yet? I need to get more info.

Regards,

Eric