Best place to re-sell RM

Sales are always down in the summer, not just for RM but other brands as well. Bonanza has cheaper fees but Ebay gets more traffic. Both have their plus and minus points. Good luck!

IMO, RM sells better than some other designers on Bonanza. I would give it a try at least, 40% is too much for consignment although some charge 50-60%.

Last edited by a moderator:
I always try Bonanza first but there are still a good amount of people that either don't know about it or don't trust it like they do eBay. So I could have a bag on Bonanza for weeks at a great price with no one interested and then as soon as I put it on eBay it goes. I always list bags higher on eBay since eBay takes so much in fees away. If you have something really special and rare go with Bonanza because I think true RM lovers will see it, otherwise I think eBay will sell quicker.

I also recommend Bonanza. I do occasionally list on eBay, but the fees are just too high. Also, as previously mentioned, real RM devotees seem to frequent Bonanza and will appreciate the price you list for. Recently on eBay I listed a $595 bag for $150 BUY IT NOW but with the option to make an offer. The two offers I received was first for $75 and then for $35!!!!! No true RM fan would insult the brand with a $35 offer on a $595 bag..... So I mostly stay away from the bay....

I prefer Bonz or private groups/friends myself. Ann's is fine for other brands, but you will wait a long time to get that check. I consigned something to her last spring, and it took a few weeks for it to get it's "turn" to be photographed/listed. Once listed it sold right away, but then the buyer did the 60 day layaway plan...so I had to wait for that. I also had to wait an extra 10 days after (the return period), AND then for the consignment summaries, which is where they finally pay you and MAIL the check. It takes awhile. The time period was March-July!

I've used Bagborroworsteal (now avelle) to sell one or two of my bags, not sure if they still do it? They had a form on the website you fill out, they email you a quote within a day or so, send you a pre-paid label to ship your bag, and you get your check usually within a week. I found it to be quick and painless, and the prices fair.

I've used Bagborroworsteal (now avelle) to sell one or two of my bags, not sure if they still do it? They had a form on the website you fill out, they email you a quote within a day or so, send you a pre-paid label to ship your bag, and you get your check usually within a week. I found it to be quick and painless, and the prices fair.

I have submitted a few times with avelle and found that the offers they gave me for RM was very low. Though maybe it all depends on the bag, style and how much stock they have.

I hadn't heard this....where did you hear this from? This is a real bummer :-s

I "think" I received an email.....I'll look.....

I had the percentages written down somewhere but can't find them right now but it was not as high as ebay.

I do remember that it takes effect around 9-1 for old members and 8-1 for newer members. something like that......

I just read it, thanks for the link. At first i was bummed, but now I don't think the new system (flat rate of 3.5%) will be too bad. So before if I sold a bag for ~ $200, it was a $5 fee, where now it will be around $7, not too bad. I have thought to myself that I wondered how they made any money will the fees being so cheap! :P

I have had all great experiences buying and selling on Bonz.