Best makeup remover

I find your use of very expensive brands and also DS stuff interesting and informative

Haha, I'm all over the map when it comes to pricing. I fully believe there are high-quality products available in all price ranges.

Makeup-wise, I used to use a lot of drugstore. I eventually came to the realization that it was actually costing me *more* money to use drugstore products, because I'd end up buying a dozen of the same type products just to try or compare. Or, I'd be in the store for something else and end up picking up a makeup product just because it was new or there. "Oh this is only $8, why not" mentality. With a pricier brand, I tend to do more research and thought, and only purchase the items that I *really* want. For me, I had no problem spending $10 or $15 multiple times over, but $40/$60/$80 for one product I will stop and think seriously about. So, now I buy and wear luxury makeup pretty much exclusively. I have gone on a bit of shopping spree recently to restock and try a few new things (still considerably less than what I've spent in previous years), and I'm also buying a lot less overall.

Skincare, I have my drugstore favorites for sure, and I will NEVER give up my Pond's cold cream! I've never found anything that works as well for me. I'm currently working through a stockpile of assorted things from all price ranges. I do use some higher-end/luxury skincare products, but a lot of my staples are drugstore. I tend to view skincare more as a utility, so I guess it just isn't as "fun" for me to buy as makeup is, so my spending is significantly lower. :biggrin:

I keep hoping we'll eventually have another TPF beauty swap box so I can clear out some stuff!

Last edited:
Reactions: sdkitty and wimp
Haha, I'm all over the map when it comes to pricing. I fully believe there are high-quality products available in all price ranges.

Makeup-wise, I used to use a lot of drugstore. I eventually came to the realization that it was actually costing me *more* money to use drugstore products, because I'd end up buying a dozen of the same type products just to try or compare. Or, I'd be in the store for something else and end up picking up a makeup product just because it was new or there. "Oh this is only $8, why not" mentality. With a pricier brand, I tend to do more research and thought, and only purchase the items that I *really* want. For me, I had no problem spending $10 or $15 multiple times over, but $40/$60/$80 for one product I will stop and think seriously about. So, now I buy and wear luxury makeup pretty much exclusively. I have gone on a bit of shopping spree recently to restock and try a few new things (still considerably less than what I've spent in previous years), and I'm also buying a lot less overall.

Skincare, I have my drugstore favorites for sure, and I will NEVER give up my Pond's cold cream! I've never found anything that works as well for me. I'm currently working through a stockpile of assorted things from all price ranges. I do use some higher-end/luxury skincare products, but a lot of my staples are drugstore. I tend to view skincare more as a utility, so I guess it just isn't as "fun" for me to buy as makeup is, so my spending is significantly lower. :biggrin:

I keep hoping we'll eventually have another TPF beauty swap box so I can clear out some stuff!
I used to buy all dept store cosmetics, starting at a young age with Clinique and eventually using Armani. Now with so much great info on DS products on the Internet, I rarely buy the more expensive cosmetics. Certain items I will. MAC pencils are a great value - the wooden ones - they last a Long time and are reliably good. I've gotten some DS lip pencils that haven't been used much - not as pigmented.

Reactions: pmburk
Same for me, altho tatcha is my HG. ive used it for 10+ years. Eve lom i bought last year. I use it once a week, when i need some spa like pampering or exfoliation. It'll last me a long time. Its a but heavy for when it's warmer, so i sometimes switch it up with farmacy.

I don’t use makeup anymore (since Microblading & lash extensions it’s goodbye eye shadow and mascara because I want to extend the life of the lashes + I’m ok with natural look).

but I love farmacy green clean makeup removing cleansing balm. It is SO soothing and non-abrasive; not oily; and it really does an amazing job removing all makeup the first time. Plus it smells lovely.

709D8C97-4D48-4E6F-A342-DF6281AD3FC3.jpeg
I purchased this last year and still haven’t finished it.

This is our make-up removal station in our make-up trailer...

First thing we do at the top of our day is prep our towels... unpack them from our laundry service, and roll them.

IMG_5630.jpg

Then we soak them in distilled water, wring out any excess and put them in our towel warmer for the entire day.

The basket full of products by the mirror are all kinds of different types of make-up removers that the actors use in conjunction with the hot towels. We have been using this particular make-up removal method for decades.

IMG_5629.jpg

We are very adamant that the actors follow a strict make-up removal regimen when they are done for the day. Some actors have it in their contract, others we have to persuade, for the most part they know the drill. We also apply skincare treatments if any actor requires it.

Last edited:
Reactions: gagabag
Been using these two removers for very sensitive skin types. (The Mario Badescu is a serum treatment we use after the removal process and before any make up application, depending on the condition of the skin).

IMG_5715.jpgIMG_5730a.jpg

For lighter makeup- Bioderma Sensibio is perfect (though I find it can leave behind really stubborn waterproof mascara).

Best thing I've found is oil/balm cleansers. I've used Clinique (Take the Day off), Emma Hardie, Oskia. Cheap and cheerful (and works very well) is The Bodyshop Camomile Cleansing Oil (though I read they've reformulated).

Cleansing balm! It works really well if you have sensitive skin, wear waterproof mascara, hard to remove liquid eyeliner, wear sunscreen, etc! You can even use an oil cleanser, as long as it’s oil based. This is what I’ve been doing for 2 years now and tbh it beats micellar water 10x! A good cleansing balm is the elf cleansing balm, it’s cheap and gets the job done. You just have to double cleanse afterwards with a foam cleanser to remove the residue. I use the cerave hydrating foaming cleanser and it works perfectly!

I got the Original Makeup Eraser cloth a few months ago and am a total convert! I don’t wear a lot of makeup daily, but even when I do a full face, the cloth does actually take it all off with just warm water! Even mascara (though I haven’t tried with waterproof mascara). Some days I follow with Cerave SA cleanser using the exfoliating side. My oily skin has been very clear and soft since using it!