BEST Leather Conditioner?

I use mink oil in the tub, on dark leather and it leaves it soft and supple. It also waterproofs them too. I get mine from a shoe store. Great stuff!! A little goes a long way.

I prefer Apple leather care conditioner for sprucing up the leather and Vectra spray for waterproofing and keep from spotting.
I actually heard about Vectra from a Chanel SA, she recommends using it on lambskin.

I need to llook into it. You are all saying lots of products but I think we must have different things in the UK. If anyone knows of any good ones on UK market please let me know. Thanks

I live in Ireland and have never heard of most of the products mentioned here. I use Woly products. They make a leather protector and a Wax and Shine spray. But from what I'm reading here, I shouldn't be using the latter!

Leather does not need 'conditioning' per se. It should be kept clean and then protected with water based products that will inhibit dirt and oils from penetrating the leather (these are what do the damage to leather). Moisture will keep the leather in good condition and it is important not to use any oils or waxes on your leather as these may sit on the surface (depending on the type of finish) and attract more dirt and oils.
Conditioners are generally at best harmless or at worst something that could damage the finish on the leather.

Protect your leather from new with a good water based leather protector and then clean little and often with a water based foam cleaner or maintenance prodcut and your leather will remain clean and in good condition for a long time. A protector will also inhibit dye transfer from clothing and will make ink and stains easier to clean off.
Hope this helps
Hello pro,

Can you recommend me a brand name for a conditioner and cleanser for my leather purse? and please also the instructions i am new in this matter...

thans a lot..
bl

Hello pro,

Can you recommend me a brand name for a conditioner and cleanser for my leather purse? and please also the instructions i am new in this matter...

thans a lot..
bl

Hi LeatherPro, yes...what is a good water-based leather conditioner/ water protector?

Have had my Tivoli GM for 2 months now. I hope it's not too late to protect.

I have a white leather purse that I love! It is dried out I believe lots of little cracks that reminds me of a spiderweb almost. I don't know where to start to revive this bag. Please help :sad:

I use Wilson's protector spray & wipes & Wilson's conditioner on my RM & Treesje bags. Usually I put a small amount to test on an area of the bag which is less noticeable to see if it bleeds alot or changes in color before applying to the entire bag. And it depends on the type of leather in terms of what brands you use on the bag.

I live in Ireland and have never heard of most of the products mentioned here. I use Woly products. They make a leather protector and a Wax and Shine spray. But from what I'm reading here, I shouldn't be using the latter!
Loving my bags has a UK version of thier site this is the link
http://www.pursespa.com/

I got the cleaner and a protector for my Miu Miu coffer as I wanted to protect the lambskin from water and oil- so far so good.
Just to add they don't carry all the US stock -I did not order from US as the shipping was:nuts: