Best countries to buy Hermes - in terms of price only

aprilmei

O.G.
Sep 5, 2007
Hi Ladies, I searched for a thread on this topic but couldn't find exactly what I wanted. This is a hypothetical situation but relevant query. If availability of handbags were equal from country to country (and yes, I know it's not), which would be the best places to buy Hermes? I realise France is the cheapest - is the price the same throughout Europe? What about the UK? After Europe, what other countries? The US? What about places in Asia?
I think I read somewhere that Singapore and Australia come quite far down this list - why is that?

TIA

I can tell you that Canada is up there in pricing with Singapore and Australia. Our 90cm scarves come to $450 with tax (and we had a price decrease last November and our dollar is generally at par with the US$.)

Other items to consider, and why pricing won't be equal across the board -- excluding exchange rates, is local country's duties and tariffs imposed on imported items. Our leather and silks are much more expensive then our American cousins but the watches are cheaper.

Last edited:
The UK is the cheapest place to get any H product, including France, especially if you are non-EU resident and get a tax refund. This is one of the reasons we are getting the price increase next month

I think the list would look something like (but don't quote me):

UK
USA
France
Europe
Hong Kong/China/Korea/Japan
(some more countries)
Canada
Singapore/Australia

Ooh, glad someone started this thread, I was wondering the same thing myself! Really the UK is the cheapest, well that's good news!! I would have thought France would be cheaper too, or maybe even Singapore, especially with the exchange rate being so good?? Sorry, I'm new to Hermes.......

I know Japan is one of the most expensive place when it comes to H. A regular leather birkin (togo or clemence) costs approx. USD 13000. A matte nilo croco birkin costs approx. USD 42000.

I think H in Paris is still the cheapest compared to the rest of the world. Recently got my brique box KL at FSH, and it costs the same as another KL that I bought in H Jakarta before the price increase.

I thought London would be more expensive than Paris. How much would a 32 kelly in togoretourne be in the uk?
For scarfs ans shawls the US are the cheapest (with the excange rate a cashmere shawl is 590 euros in the US compared to the 740 in europe). Kellys are more or less hte same.

I thought London would be more expensive than Paris. How much would a 32 kelly in togoretourne be in the uk?
For scarfs ans shawls the US are the cheapest (with the excange rate a cashmere shawl is 590 euros in the US compared to the 740 in europe). Kellys are more or less hte same.

The shawl costs about $1,200 in Canada before tax and I think they are $950 in the States.

I think it depends on the exchange rate and if you want bags or scarves. Last summer in London was the first time that I can remember the scarves being the equivalkent of US retail or above (even with the VAT back). Bags were still cheaper, slightly than in US. But they were cheaper in France. I personally would do France.