Belvedere II

Does the middle strap go down all the way in the back? Is that what is causing the bulge? I imagine one you start using the bag and the back pocket that the bulge will go away so I’m not sure it is a defect.
Yes, it goes all the way down the pocket. But it shouldn’t produce a bulge. Honestly it doesn’t look like the bulge will go away with usage - when I try to flatten it with my hand it just pops back up. Moreover the sharp angle of the bulge (I marked it red now) feels like a hard pimple (if it makes sense), like the pocket was sewn wrong.
IMG_4183.jpeg

And that’s how it should look as far as I understand - flat:
IMG_4198.jpegIMG_4197.jpegIMG_4196.jpeg

Ah I see now. Hopefully others who have the bag can chime in. Do you have the SA details of who you purchased the bag from? Goyard I believe has decent customer service. I just had them replace my handles on my St Louis for free and the bag was from 2017 due to the handles becoming sticky due to the coating they had previously used. I am hopeful that they will be able to replace or repair your bag for you.

Yes, it goes all the way down the pocket. But it shouldn’t produce a bulge. Honestly it doesn’t look like the bulge will go away with usage - when I try to flatten it with my hand it just pops back up. Moreover the sharp angle of the bulge (I marked it red now) feels like a hard pimple (if it makes sense), like the pocket was sewn wrong.
View attachment 5966055

And that’s how it should look as far as I understand - flat:
View attachment 5966060View attachment 5966061View attachment 5966062
I looked at my LE khaki Belvedere. Yes mine has a mild asymmetry in the back too, now that you have pointed it out. One side is slightly more flush/flat whereas the other half is slightly puffier as if there is a teeny air pocket underneath. The difference is very small so I can’t show it with my camera (I tried to capture it for you). It is definitely not as pronounced to the point like yours where there’s a focal spot that feels like a small hard pimple. That’s annoying. At least it’s in the back and against your body so no one else can see it. Hopefully they will respond back to you. :sad:

Reactions: Elena S
Hey guys! I was lucky to purchase a gray Belvedere PM in Paris in the beginning of March. Unfortunately I didn’t inspect the bag careful enough. It was also the departure day, so I unpacked it first when back at home in Sweden. Upon unpacking I noticed a weird bulge in the middle of the back of the bag :sad:
View attachment 5966032
I checked pictures of the bag on Vestiaire and it looks like the back should be completely flat! Is it a defect?? :confused1: If yes, how could it pass the quality control??
I contacted Goyard via the contact form on their website over a week ago but still haven’t heard from them. I’m so disappointed…

I don't have this bag, but I'd contact your store/SA :yes:

I looked at my LE khaki Belvedere. Yes mine has a mild asymmetry in the back too, now that you have pointed it out. One side is slightly more flush/flat whereas the other half is slightly puffier as if there is a teeny air pocket underneath. The difference is very small so I can’t show it with my camera (I tried to capture it for you). It is definitely not as pronounced to the point like yours where there’s a focal spot that feels like a small hard pimple. That’s annoying. At least it’s in the back and against your body so no one else can see it. Hopefully they will respond back to you. :sad:
Thank you for chipping in! Yeah, hopefully they’ll respond - it’s been a week and a half since I submitted a request on their website :sad:

I don't have this bag, but I'd contact your store/SA :yes:
I don’t really have an SA since it was during my short trip to Paris, but I’m considering giving the Paris store a call next week if I don’t get any response online.

By the way, I’m going to Milan end of the month. Do you think they will be able to help me there if I take the bag with me even though it was purchased in Paris? Was considering this option as well in case it’s not going to be sorted out online/on the phone.

Hello! I purchased my belevedere last fall in SF & I looked at mine. Mine also has a bump in the back. I haven't used it except to put my phone in a few times. It sounds similar to what @poohbag said above, where it kinda puffs out like a pillow with air, & if you press it down, it will poof back out. Have you used the pocket? Maybe its just because the canvas is stretched out a little.

Mine is essentially flat but if I look for it there is a bit of a bulge where the strap is. So minimal I never noticed it until I checked after your post. I expect yours became more pronounced because of how it was stored at the boutique. It may go away with time and usage but worth an exchange if you can.