Review Beauty Blender

Is the actual BB the best to buy or will any generic beauty blender work as well?
I have seen other brands that are cheaper.

I bought a generic beauty blender a few months ago and never used it because it wasn't soft enough, it was really hard and just not nice to bounce on foundation. I bought the beauty blender about a week ago and have used it every day since. It makes my foundation application so much easier and I use it for my concealer too. It takes way less time than with a brush and it looks AWESOME. I don't think I could ever go back to brushes or to generic beauty blenders after the real thing. In my opinion, it's best to just go for the real thing than waste money on a cheaper generic BB that isn't as good as the real one.

I bought a generic beauty blender a few months ago and never used it because it wasn't soft enough, it was really hard and just not nice to bounce on foundation. I bought the beauty blender about a week ago and have used it every day since. It makes my foundation application so much easier and I use it for my concealer too. It takes way less time than with a brush and it looks AWESOME. I don't think I could ever go back to brushes or to generic beauty blenders after the real thing. In my opinion, it's best to just go for the real thing than waste money on a cheaper generic BB that isn't as good as the real one.

I haven't ever used a BB so I don't have this experience for comparison, but I purchased a generic one that is very firm and I love it. I was hesitant to purchas a generic one because I didn't want a soft mooshy sponge. This is not it. It is a firm and medium soft bottle shaped sponge that makes putting on liquid or creamy product easy and exact.

Last edited:
wet it, while you're wetting it squeeze it a few times, then squeeze it again after you're done wetting it. I take a few paper towels and squeeze the water out again to make sure it isn't too damp. Then I take my foundation, and I apply it to my face, NOT onto the beauty blender because it'll absorb too much if you put it directly onto the sponge. Then, after my foundation is dotted on my face, I blend everything out with the beautyblender. Stipple the beauty blender, don't drag it against your skin.

I don't think you need to practice! It's pretty instinctual, I think :smile:

As an FYI - I've just bought a 2-pack of (original, pink) beauty blenders from Amazon.com for $21. That's not much more than the generics. This is my first time trying BB but I figure, at $1 more, I'm willing to stock two of them... and to give up Sephora samples :smile:

Last edited:
As an FYI - I've just bought a 2-pack of (original, pink) beauty blenders from Amazon.com for $21. That's not much more than the generics. This is my first time trying BB but I figure, at $1 more, I'm willing to stock two of them... and to give up Sephora samples :smile:
That's a great deal and well worth the extra money. Thanks for passing it on...I'm definitely going to take a look!

Beauty Blender has pretty much replaced my foundation brushes. I have an original and a pure, some days I use it dry if I'm using a TM, otherwise I use it wet and the finish is natural-looking and not streaky like with some brushes.

I can't live without mine. I apply foundation with my fingers and spread it out, then stipple with the Beauty Blender, then use the same BB to apply powder (bouncing gently again) over the foundation to set everything. Comes out flawless and airbrushed looking. And makes my makeup last longer without needing touchups.

My understanding is that the generic sponges are not the same material. The BB is a specific material that doesn't absorb the product, it sits atop the outermost layer, unlike the other sponges on the market.

I'm on the fence. The water absorbed on the BB may make my foundations looks a bit off. I'm not sure what it is, but i'm not getting the flawless matte-look that I get with a foundation brush. I do the regular routine...clean face, serum, moisturizer, makeup primer and foundation is stippled on with the BB. An hour or so later, I get a weird streaky finish.

I love the beauty blender! It applies foundation evenly and thinly so it's easily buildable even if you use a thicker, more full-coverage foundation. It gives me an amazing natural dewy look. I've tried all sorts of sponges and brushes along with fingers but nothing works as well as the BB. The only downside is that it might absorb small amounts of liquid foundations but that doesn't really bother me

IMO, I find fingers work better than the beauty blender, which I have used for the past 2 years. I find that although it applies foundation (almost) seamlessly, it never fully finishes around my pores! I always have blotched spots on the sides of my nose no matter how I use the beauty blender.