Beach/swimming pool bag

cic

Apr 11, 2015
Dear all,

Lately I have been interested in purchasing a beach bag, which got me into thinking what are your favourite beach bags? And what designers (famous or not), do beautiful but practical beach bags?

Or perhaps you carry one of your non-beach bags during a vacation to the beach?

I was looking at this kenzo bag, but it is white so don't think it would be wise.:thinking:

Thanks!
~cic

Attachments

• kenzo.jpg
    kenzo.jpg
    177.9 KB · Views: 732
Last edited:
I usually just use cheapo/ no name bags at the beach. But last year I went to an all-inclusive resort and had a Le Pliage that I used as a carry-on for the airplane. I took it to the beach and pool with me, and it worked great.

I don't use designer bag for the beach. Sand will scratch the leather and ruin the patent, IMHO. What if you accidentally get it wet? Salt water is bad for all kind of leather and plastic. I use canvas tote or cheap but cute plastic tote. If it get ruin, I maybe sad. But that won't be the end of the world.

I use my LV NF in DE. That's why I got it, to withstand some abuse and still look good.. and it does.

I live on Cape Cod...we all use Helen Kaminski hats and beach bags. They last forever and work great with the sun and sand.

Attachments

• helen kaminski bags.jpg
    helen kaminski bags.jpg
    91.1 KB · Views: 467
  • helen-kaminski-classic-5-hat-1.jpg
    helen-kaminski-classic-5-hat-1.jpg
    76.6 KB · Views: 432
Peak Performance. It's great, stiff, tight-woven cotton, the inside pockets are good and the material hasn't lost it's crisp whiteness despite the years. The print outside hasn't faded either. :tup:

I just purchased this Vera Bradley plastic Navy polka dot tote from Macys I like it bc it's very easy to wipe off
I just googled it. It is such a cute bag!

@thedseer, I did not even think of le pliage that way. Thanks for the idea. :smile: If I don't find anything, maybe I will use mine.

@vink, That is true.

@BPC, I have yet to dive into LV bag world. Does the LV NF work well as a beach bag? Did you find any serious scratches/ruins after beach use? Perhaps this could be my entry to LV :Partyhat:

@skyqueen, I checked the website, and they have some beautiful pieces. Thank you for introducing me to the brand. I have some exploring to do :smile:

@Amazona, thank you for your suggestion. Incidentally, I also needed to buy some pieces for hiking, so thank you! I have ordered a couple of jackets from the website :biggrin:

Last edited:
I don't use designer bag for the beach. Sand will scratch the leather and ruin the patent, IMHO. What if you accidentally get it wet? Salt water is bad for all kind of leather and plastic. I use canvas tote or cheap but cute plastic tote. If it get ruin, I maybe sad. But that won't be the end of the world.

Agreed. I just used a cheap washable large type beach bag. Somehow sand and water and such always find a way inside. Lol

2 years ago at some spa in Geneve I was gifted a beach bag. I think it's La Prairie or Cellcosmetics or another Swiss brand. It's beige with orange. It's pretty big to fit towels and a robe, and a cosmetic case. Yet it's very light because made from a material.

I've been using it ever since. I find it absolutely perfect for my needs. I also use it at health and spa resorts. It's got 2 separate pockets and I find it super useful. In one pocket I keep my cell phone and another pocket is for my room key. You know it's especially useful when you can't have your card keys next to a cell phone or anything metallic.

Before that bag I always used my LV Neverfull but it has one pocket where I had my cell phone. For my keys I had to use a cles of some sorts that would always get lost inside the bag or would touch something metallic and stop working.

I've used an Ella Vickers bag made from repurposed sails for years. Water doesn't phase it & sand shakes right out of it.
I've also used my Longchamp Le Pliage while on vacation & it worked fine.