BE Green Leather Sample

Bali_Girl

Feb 24, 2008
Hi ladies,
Thought I'd post the BE green leather sample I'd seen while visiting with Jackie.
Tell me what you think....

1. Do you like the color leather or not?

2. What style bags would look good in this leather?

019.jpg

Normally, I am more of a grass green kind of gal but my opinion changed earlier this year when I had purchased a green Miu Miu bag similar to this color from the Bay. It was actually quite pretty and was very neutral which really surprised me. The only colors it didn't quite go with were reds and oranges imo.

Hey Bgirl! That leather is the sheen or glossy, right? Also do you have the official color name? I think it's a lovely color and would not mind seeing the Hold Me or possible the new hobo in that color. What do you think?

ooo pretty! I think the WTM would look pretty sweet in this leather...Too bad Jackie isn't doing the Be Mine anymore, because I think it would look great in a Be Mine Mini...

Hmm... i feel like dark green would lend itself to a matte rather than a sheen leather. The color is gorgeous, but i'm not in love with this finish and this color.

All said, since this is a very striking leather, i think it would work best with a style like the stroke me or hold me, something that would really show it off.

I agree about the Be Mine in that color. I presume the style is still available as a bespoke. I would love to have a Be Mine someday.

I love greens in general. But it's hard to tell with darker greens and lighting ... I had a bag that looked green in outdoor/daylight but looked darker -- almost black -- indoors. The hand is washed out in the swatch pic, leading me to wonder if the color is quite a bit darker IRL. How accurate do you think it is, Bali_Girl?

Hmmmmmm well I like that it is a darker green but I would prefer a crash leather with a goldish undertone sparkle if that makes sense. I don't think I would get a bag in this leather unless it was something small.

This reminds me a bit of the Balenciaga colour Vert Foret (Pine) that was available in AW07. I have a City bag in that colour and it is very nice. It might be a bit more blue toned than this but I am not sure. Some of the Bal bags also turned out a bit paler than mine.

Like some of the others who have already posted, I would be more interested in a Matte or Pebbled Glossy green and perhaps a slightly paler one than this which seems rather like my existing bag.

I love the color!I just returned a bag this color, but in a flat finish. I didn't like the style of the bag, but really liked the green. As *suzi* said, greeh is really quite neutral. Of course I would want it in two discontinued styles: the IYT or the Be Mine Mini.

I think a Hold Me would look really pretty in this leather with a grey interior. After seeing Bonnekir's collection of the Hold Me I wouldn't be surprised if she adds one of these to her collection!! The Kiss Me Clutch would be pretty too.

Like some of the others who have already posted, I would be more interested in a Matte or Pebbled Glossy green and perhaps a slightly paler one than this which seems rather like my existing bag.

I agree - I am coming round to the fact that I 100% prefer the matt BE leathers...

I love the color!I just returned a bag this color, but in a flat finish. I didn't like the style of the bag, but really liked the green. As *suzi* said, greeh is really quite neutral. Of course I would want it in two discontinued styles: the IYT or the Be Mine Mini.

I think a Hold Me would look really pretty in this leather with a grey interior. After seeing Bonnekir's collection of the Hold Me I wouldn't be surprised if she adds one of these to her collection!! The Kiss Me Clutch would be pretty too.

Hahaha, oh no, I have already three more Hold me's coming, and I must not be too greedy, then I might seem obsessive :nuts:
I'm not a green bag person, but I'll add it for sure. A Kiss Me this time :yes:,
because I was informed this was a rather durable leather, so how many scratches can the dogs give it?? But , yes, it'll be a lovely bag in the Hold me and other styles too!

You guys freaking kill me!!!!!

I'm not a green person, but this is a gorgeous forest green that reminds me of my massive bunch of pine green trees that surround my house!