Battle of the MC Almas

Michelle1025

Jeans and Heels
Mar 7, 2006
Hey everyone :smile: I haven't logged on tPF in so long and was surprised to see so many members message me about my whereabouts. Thanks for the love first and foremost.

So, for those of you that don't know me don't know I am a MC freak. This morning my Alma's authenticity was questioned via email by a colleague. Usually, I wouldn't stress because I have personally purchased all my MC bags at Valley Fair with the exception of my Trouville which the ex got at Union Square. BUT, saying my bag looked "odd" really upset me and not to mention the comparison picture attachment and the questioning of where I bought my bag.

"Specifically, the stitching pattern around the leather trim on the front zippered pocket looks odd. See the attached example of an authentic Alma. Notice how the stitching differs from yours?"

OH HELL NO.

Here's my baby:
S7003528-1.jpg

Versus hers:
4e0e_3.jpg

Last edited:
Your bag looks great! Why is this even an issue at your place of work? It seems so silly. Seems like she is in some sort of popularity contest with you and is looking to get one over somehow, KWIM?

Have you asked her for the date code inside the bag ? They might have changed the style at some point ? I wasn't aware they had .. but you can use that to compare to other bags on eBay and to ones that PF-ers own.

I knew someone would have the answer! Your coworker's was probably from the earliest iteration of that bag, and yours is newer, after improvements were made to the design.

I think yours looks much better. Not to mention cleaner.

I think the stitching did change over the years. My MC Alma is stitched just like hers, straight down the sides of the zipper, but I have seen them here and in stores stitched like yours too!! Don't let what she said bother you!!

And I just have to add that I can not believe she would bring this up and in an email no less. Why can't people just mind their own business and keep their rude comments to themselves!! Sorry, rant over. :P