Battle of the green--please help!

picture.php

Chartreuse Togo

Are you sure it is Chartreuse? It looks like VA to me. I'm pretty sure it is VA. It is rare to see Chartreuse in Togo and I haven't really seen many of H's SLG's in Chartreuse.

Last edited:
I think the color green depends on your own coloring. I looooove the army greens but they just don't go with my coloring. I have a VA Togo Birkin and I have really enjoyed it. It goes with just about everything I have.

I have noticed that the color changes a lot depending on the light. It is very bright only in florescent light. In incandescent light it is a smoky green. It is not nearly as bright and stark green as Vert Cru. I love the contrast stitching, too. It has always been a favorite color of mine. It has a lot of yellow in it and I personally like it with PHW. Even after having it over a year, I still drool over it!

http://forum.purseblog.com/hermes/something-fabulous-arrived-today-a-reveal-461838.html

This is pretty accurate on the color:

tpf1a.jpg

Last edited:
Here's a comparison pic posted by babyskyblue on an old thread.
attachment.php

I'm probably biased because I have a VA togo in PHW.

attachment.php

Although the colour is less versatile than say, Etoupe or Gris T, it has been easier than I thought to make it work. Vert Anis is less bright on Chevre compared to Togo, so if you have to SO for Vert Anis, you may want to consider Chevre, which is also structured. La Van has a vert anis birkin in chevre (mysore, IIRC), if you do a search, I'm sure it'll come up.

Attachments

• VA1.jpg
    VA1.jpg
    153.1 KB · Views: 261
I think vert anis in chevre looks almost the same as chartruse in clemence. I don't think I have ever seen chartruse in togo; on the other hand, I am not sure if vert anis comes in clemence. so if you want togo, you may have to order vert anis.

Are you sure it is Chartreuse? It looks like VA to me. I'm pretty sure it is VA. It is rare to see Chartreuse in Togo and I haven't really seen many of H's SLG's in Chartreuse.

My receipt says Chartreuse and when I purchased it, the SA said it was very rare a very rare piece. I purchased it at the Wall St. store. Unless the color was incorrect in the system and my SA didn't know what she was talking about.

My receipt says Chartreuse and when I purchased it, the SA said it was very rare a very rare piece. I purchased it at the Wall St. store. Unless the color was incorrect in the system and my SA didn't know what she was talking about.

That is really weird unless the color in your photo is way off. Notice in your photo how it looks like my VA Birkin rather than the Chartreuse ones ?? Not a big deal but just something to be aware of so you don't, for example, order a Chartreuse bag and are surprised at the color! :smile:

It could be that the difference is that it is Togo and not Clemence, which is the leather Chartreuse is usually seen in. So maybe Chartreuse in Togo looks considerably different from Chartreuse in Clemence.

Last edited:
That is really weird unless the color in your photo is way off. Notice in your photo how it looks like my VA Birkin rather than the Chartreuse ones ?? Not a big deal but just something to be aware of so you don't, for example, order a Chartreuse bag and are surprised at the color! :smile:

It could be that the difference is that it is Togo and not Clemence, which is the leather Chartreuse is usually seen in. So maybe Chartreuse in Togo looks considerably different from Chartreuse in Clemence.

Interesting. Maybe I'll bring the Ulysse in to Claude for verification. It is very possible the SA was wrong, and the agenda was incorrectly entered into the system as the wrong color. Since I carry this one with me all of the time, it will be no problem to simply ask Claude next time at Madison.

Thanks so much for your replies and beautiful photos, ladies. I still can’t decide but I think by now, I’d be pretty happy whichever one I can manage to get: Vert Anis togo or chartreuse clemence, PHW or GHW as long as it’s a 30 cm Birkin in these 2 colors. I will talk with my SA and see if she can do something. She said both of the colors are not readily available and need to order it.

PS. I agree the agenda looks like VA to me.