Batignolles vs. Speedy?

I'm having the same dilemma right now, except that I already have a Speedy. I really want to buy a shoulder bag, but it's good to take my Speedy to the movies or dinner (I think it's actually good for the supermarket too, since it sits in the child seat on the cart so well :biggrin:). I just feel guilty because I haven't been using my Speedy much lately, since it's summer vacation. I mostly just stay at home, except for going to the market and yoga, and I can't bring my Speedy to yoga.... well maybe I'll try that today :idea:

I'm a SAHM so I use my BH every day because I cart around a lot of stuff.
But the Speedy is good for date nights and going out.
They're both such different bags.

What I do like about the BH is that, popular as it is here, I've yet to see anyone else carrying it. Around here when you see mono LV, it's usually Speedy or Mini Looping.

Batignolles horizontal!!! It's such a great bag and for THAT price it's a definite deal. Most other "work" bags that can fit A4 documents tend to be around 1000$ so you're saving almost 200$! YAY!!!! Also you need to think about your needs and how you plan to use it...ie for work or just going out? Also, I might be the only one here, but I don't think the speedy's a very nice bag to go out with at a restaurant...(don't hit me!!! pls)... For me, I think the speedy's more of an "everyday" bag (grocery shopping, hanging out, easy shopping...etc), if yer going to fancy places, I prefer smaller clutch-like ones. Anyway, school's starting soon so I'm gonna buy myself a BH in about 2 weeks to use as a school bag and out goes the balenciaga! :biggrin: YAY!!! lol

CEC.LV4eva said:
Batignolles horizontal!!! It's such a great bag and for THAT price it's a definite deal. Most other "work" bags that can fit A4 documents tend to be around 1000$ so you're saving almost 200$! YAY!!!! Also you need to think about your needs and how you plan to use it...ie for work or just going out? Anyway, school's starting soon so I'm gonna buy myself a BH in about 2 weeks to use as a school bag and out goes the balenciaga! :biggrin: YAY!!! lol

I want to buy a Batignolles for school too, but I'm afraid to carry anything expensive because I'm afraid I'll get robbed. :cry:

I would recommend both. Bh is a wonderful shoulder bag and a speedy is a handle bag. Two different bags one cannot compare! You cannot go wrong with either, its just personal preference and whatever makes you happy.

I suggest you go into the store and try them out and you will know for sure. Good luck!

I have both, and love them both equally! (well...LOL pretty much equally...):lol:

My first love is the Speedy (I have 4 of 'em). So ya that's :heart: . Then I got the BH back in April. OMG! That bag is AWESOME!:love:

When I got the BH I never, ever thought I'd find a bag, that could surpass my speedy-lovin'. I don't want to say it's surpassed my Speedies..so that's why I say "equally". LOL I just can't decide which I :heart: more! That's alot for me to say....So that being said, The BH is the "ultimate" shoulder bag!! (IMO) Beautiful, stylish, roomy, functional, and also like a previous poster had said, I've NEVER seen anyone with a BH,...I've seen a few people with a BV, but not my beloved BH! YAY!

Then the Speedy....well it's also great in it's own way.....first of all: CLASSIC! That's all I need to say really! But...also roomy, and just a great overall bag. A MUST HAVE! (for me a must have X 4) LOL! Ugh..

I was scared when I got my BH cuz I prefer handheld bags..or so I thought. Well, it wasn't a issue...WHEW! I just recently got a my 3rd shoulder bag Baggy GM. LOVE LOVE LOVE! (my 1st shoulder bag was the Cite MM).

So you can't go wrong with either bag, IMO....(think to yourself) Which one speaks to me more? Also what do you prefer...handheld, shoulder?

Good Luck on whatever you decide! But know whatever you choose, you'll be getting a AWESOME bag!! :yes:

littlepanda said:
I want to buy a Batignolles for school too, but I'm afraid to carry anything expensive because I'm afraid I'll get robbed. :cry:

ooooh! getting robbed is BAD!!! lol but I think it depends on WHERE you live... If you carry the bag during the day ALL THE TIME so that no paws get anywhere near yer baggy and it's at university where there's tons of people...i think it's pretty safe... My bags are always on me, so if anyone wants to take them away....well they'd better shoot me first! lol

CEC.LV4eva said:
ooooh! getting robbed is BAD!!! lol but I think it depends on WHERE you live... If you carry the bag during the day ALL THE TIME so that no paws get anywhere near yer baggy and it's at university where there's tons of people...i think it's pretty safe... My bags are always on me, so if anyone wants to take them away....well they'd better shoot me first! lol

Yup... for this reason I'm heavily considering the Noe... at least if I wear the strap across my body, I can RUN! :shame: Thank goodness I mostly wear flat shoes. Oh, and there's always pepper spray! Or should I say "Anti-LV theft spray" :roflmfao:

I speak from experience when I say that whatever one you choose, you will soon want the other also. I have the BV and I'm going to (very soon) order the Speedy. I think it will be nice to have a hand held and a shoulder bag too.