Barneys is a big tease.

purly

resident knitting nerd
O.G.
Sep 30, 2006
So I get this email from barneys announcing 75% off their sale section. I click the link, click on shoes, and all I see on the first page are Louboutins! :nuts:

So here I am faithfully opening up each page, selecting my size... and then a big red message comes up notifying me that they're sold out. Every single pair: sold out! I mean, honestly, why list them if they're sold out. :cursing:

Anyone with me here?

Barneys is notorious for this. I've developed very low expectations with them.

Even if you do place an order on a sale item, I think there's about a 50% chance they'll cancel your order (and not even tell you sometimes) but as JetSetGo says - guilt-free shopping!

So I get this email from barneys announcing 75% off their sale section. I click the link, click on shoes, and all I see on the first page are Louboutins! :nuts:

So here I am faithfully opening up each page, selecting my size... and then a big red message comes up notifying me that they're sold out. Every single pair: sold out! I mean, honestly, why list them if they're sold out. :cursing:

Anyone with me here?

OH, Barneys!!! You lured me into your site with your " Last Day Sale! 75% Off " promo and pictures of CL shoes!! Only to find there is NOTHING! You got me again, You tricky little devil!:devil:!

I hate that they leave sold out items on their website. It wastes so much time for all of us shoppers.

I WILL still try and order though. I've placed probably 10 orders and they've all cancelled except my City Girls. It's worth trying (and it is guilt free) if they follow through with one! I LOVE my City Girls!!!

^ That is so true! Usually there's at least something left - it's so annoying when EVERYTHING is out of stock! Take the pictures off the site, then!

Hah hah, yes! Honestly, I don't bother checking the website's sale pages anymore unless I'm really bored. I've placed four orders with them and they have all been cancelled. Oh well, I didn't need to spend the money anyways.

When I received this email I also checked out the site and almost everything was already sold. I could not help but think...... who collects a pay check to update this site???? Then tonight after reading this, I had to do a search and see if there might be a job listing. Well here is what I found.......maybe someone here will apply and keep us updated on some great sales.:yahoo: I know alot of us can post sales Very fast:yes:...that should count for something.
Web Developer
Barneys New York - Nyc, NY
Responsibilities -Design, architect, optimize, and extend new and existing web components for shopping, marketing, and editorial content using Eclipse based development environment. -Assist in website front-end administration. -Test and implement platform upgrades. -Manage internal and external interfaces to support the web business. -Oversee day to day data updates and feeds. These include inventory, catalog feeds, product and Google marketing feeds, RSS, site integrations. -Experience with Demandware or related e-commerce platform and content management systems a plus. -Interface storefront website with backend Barneys operations and technology. Partner with technology team. -Partner with business users to determine project specifications. -Work with various teams to maintain the websiteas