Barneys is a big tease.

Three weeks ago I ordered the blue satin Very Prives that are now sold out--yet STILL LISTED on the website :cursing:--and I did receive them; however, they sent me the wrong size (a half size smaller :Push:smile:! I called Barney's and asked them to check my purchase order so that they could see my original size request. After what seemed like forever on hold, the gal came back and gave me this whole explanation about how there was an error on the website and how sometimes sizes are mismarked and how sometimes information is entered incorrectly in their inventory system and blah, blah, blah. After some back and forth, she tells me that I can send the shoes back; however, I have to pay for the shipping because their website purchasing system does not allow them to issue return free shipping on an individual basis. Then, she puts me on hold and when she comes back she tells me that she tracked the shoes to the NY store and can put me in contact with the SA there. Next, I call the NY store and speak to the SA who tells me, "Yes, I have them right here in my hand."

A few days later I receive another Barney's box in the mail and guess what...they are the wrong size too (one full size up :yucky:)! So, I call the store and the SA tells me that I can send them back; however, he can't charge back the return shipping cost because I am making the decision to send the shoes back. Also, he charged me shipping to send them to me--which blew my mind because anytime I have paid full price for CLs at Barney's the shipping was free--and he said he couldn't credit that back to me. End of story...I paid about $45 for all the back and forth shipping and ended up with no shoes! I spoke with the manager of the NY shoe department and she told me that she will be happy to do free shipping THE NEXT TIME I BUY FULL PRICE SHOES! I don't like them anymore.:tdown:

Last edited:
One more thing...the SA in NY insisted that he made it clear to me that he was sending me the shoes in a full size bigger and that is a complete lie!

Oh, Vixxen, that's terrible! Not good customer service at all - although that's really what I expect most of the time, especially from the website.

I'm actually still waiting to hear back from Barneys about my recent purchase from the website.

The shoes I bought were scuffed and came without the dust bags. I was told to wait for a supervisor to get back to em and it's been two weeks!

The CS I spoke to was very unconcerned and casual. Kinda of lazy sounding with his many pauses, sighs, and 'give me a minute, I can't find your records' attitude.' :sad:

Ugh! :yucky:

I am sorry to read that I am not the only person who has experienced poor customer service from Barney's. By the way, I spent more like $65 on all the shipping back and forth! I pulled out my receipts and added them up and it was well beyond the $45 I estimated in my head. The worst part is that when it comes to shipping, it's pretty expensive if you have to make a return or exchange and it's the one thing Barney's is adamant about not refunding or crediting.

On another note, a girlfriend of mine ordered a pair of simple pumps from the L.A. store and when she received them, she found that the sole was scuffed and dented. She drove 1 hour up to L.A. to exchange them and when the SA opened the box and saw the sole she insisted that she could not exchange them because they were damaged and told her that she probably damaged them when she tried them on at home! Well, my girlfriend is like a little pitbull when she grabs a hold of something and actually put up enough of an argument that she didn't just get an exchange, but a full refund. What is the problem with this company?!

I should be fair and note; however, that the Chicago and S.F. stores have always offered me great customer service and perfect shoes when I dealt with them.

I'm actually very tired of arguing with CS when my time could be better spent with DH. He's sick of walking into the room and hearing me argue with CS (Saks Armadillos fiasco, and now Barneys). :wtf:

I don't live too far from Barneys BH but that's not the point. This is the second time Barneys online has screwed me over. I ordered a python clutch which they canceled but still CHARGED my card! It took a lot of arm wrestling and saliva to get my refund!!

In all respect, my experiences at Barneys BH and Coop have been lovely. The shoe SAs are amazing and I've kept shoes just because I didn't want them to lose their commission!

I know better now. I won't order from the website again. I will remain faithful to my SAs.

When I received this email I also checked out the site and almost everything was already sold. I could not help but think...... who collects a pay check to update this site???? Then tonight after reading this, I had to do a search and see if there might be a job listing. Well here is what I found.......maybe someone here will apply and keep us updated on some great sales.:yahoo: I know alot of us can post sales Very fast:yes:...that should count for something.
Web Developer
Barneys New York - Nyc, NY
Responsibilities -Design, architect, optimize, and extend new and existing web components for shopping, marketing, and editorial content using Eclipse based development environment. -Assist in website front-end administration. -Test and implement platform upgrades. -Manage internal and external interfaces to support the web business. -Oversee day to day data updates and feeds. These include inventory, catalog feeds, product and Google marketing feeds, RSS, site integrations. -Experience with Demandware or related e-commerce platform and content management systems a plus. -Interface storefront website with backend Barneys operations and technology. Partner with technology team. -Partner with business users to determine project specifications. -Work with various teams to maintain the websiteas

Hell, I should apply. I can handle 75% of the requirements.

Just got an email from Barneys saying the item I ordered(the black boots) was not in stock:wtf::crybaby:

So now I wont get my boots I soo looked forward too. :crybaby:

Did any one else have this experience with Barneys?

why was my thread moved here. This thread started on 2008, now its 2010
:dots::nono::rtr::thinking::sneaky:

please do a search before you open a new thread .as jetsetgo have stated in your previous post/thread .since there is a thread with the same question as yours the mods has merged them!!!

a word of advice, bionicny. You have been advised to search and post in appropriate forums several times now. I will have to start closing threads that are redundant or in the wrong area.

It's ok to bump releavent threads with new posts since clearly this is a recurring problem.

^^Yes! The threads are conversations and just because they started long ago does not mean they are irrelevant. Actually, by including it here you get to see the history. I have had two Barneys sales canceled and it is nice to go back and read about how often this happens. Now you are a part of the larger conversation and that is a great thing. The mods are just helping you (as they have all of us) to be a member of this community and these ladies (and occasional gentlemen) are lovely people to chat with :smile:.