Barenia "hand"

mrsmorris rofl!
DQ i never would have imagined that it's squishy. i see now from your pics, and it has turned my understanding of barenia upside down, but, quinn's mom, i do totally get the reference to coach.

why did i think it was so stiff cobalt? yes, the indigo evelyne looks very rigid, but also, the lack of grain, and zero wrinkles in any pic i've ever seen of barenia.

please, tell me if i'm also wrong that barenia is thick. i always thought it was thick...

does barenia in color also develope a patina? i am so fascinated to see the red, olive, etc. the indigo is so so beautiful.

Done, DQ!!! She get a lot of petting.

HHeels, I would not say it is thick. At least not my bag. I believe somewhere I read that the older barenia is thicker. But it is even a little floppy, particularly the little strap. I was surprised at how thin the watchbands are. And, may I add, how totally droolworthy!!!

LOL, just as you commanded, CB! pet your pretty blue baby for me in return, 'kay? (it helps develop the patina!)

i really think it does not photograph as floppy though. it's smooth, totally unwrinkled, doesn't sag much (DQ's kelly profile is eye-opening), etc. doesn't behave like a soft, thin leather (in pictures i mean).
so confused. lol
i've seen pics of very rigid-looking picotins. are they barenia that is stuffed, or are they in some other leather?

hugely better. a barenia birkin wouldn't have the hip slouch that clemence birkins do. i've only seen one barenia birkin in person (pepper's -- luck girl!), but authenticlux's hac stands up quite nicely in her photo.

now i am thoroughly confused. it holds its shape but is not thick or rigid. cobalt says floppy. you say squishy...
but holds its shape?!
oh dear.:wacko:
i'll have a little peek in the store one of these days:sneaky:

now i am thoroughly confused. it holds its shape but is not thick or rigid.
that's my take on it, anyway. :yes:

here's a barenia kelly 32 next to a clemence birkin 40 -- of course the design and the size of the birkin make it more prone to flop anyway, but this may still be useful.

first, the kelly set down open, and the birkin set down open and encoraged to stand;
http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b192/embalso/bags/Image004.jpg

now, give them each a little 'poke' in the belly, and this is what you get.

as for thickness, the barenia is not as thick as clemence --the side gathers show the difference between them.

http://i19.photobucket.com/albums/b192/embalso/bags/Image003.jpg

Reactions: ohsocute8888
um, DQ, i am not prone to exaggeration, but your post just made this the most interesting thread ever!!!
dh just made us dinner, but i am going to come back and sit here and study this later!