~Ban Island~ Moral Support! ~Let’s Resist Temptation Together!~

Sale season is around the corner and I always have a hard time resisting all the great sales whether it’s chanel, net a porter, Burberry etc. Anyone have any tips on not going overboard? :smile:

Sent from my iPhone using PurseForum
Perhaps unsubscribe from receiving emails from places that may tempt you. I find that particularly helpful during sale season. Out of sight out of mind!

Reactions: bakeacookie
Okay I'm committed. I'm done, 3 months ban island for me, no more browsing. Waiting until my trip to Vegas with my best friend to break this ban. Waiting until my trip to Vegas with my best friend to break this ban. Waiting until my trip to Vegas with my best friend to break this ban. Waiting until my trip to Vegas with my best friend to break this ban. Waiting until my trip to Vegas with my best friend to break this ban. Waiting until my trip to Vegas with my best friend to break this ban.

Okay I'm committed. I'm done, 3 months ban island for me, no more browsing. Waiting until my trip to Vegas with my best friend to break this ban. Waiting until my trip to Vegas with my best friend to break this ban. Waiting until my trip to Vegas with my best friend to break this ban. Waiting until my trip to Vegas with my best friend to break this ban. Waiting until my trip to Vegas with my best friend to break this ban. Waiting until my trip to Vegas with my best friend to break this ban.
Me too! :ghi5:
i am back to the Island for 3 months at least!

Reactions: tealocean
I confess I fell off the ban-wagon with a fine deal on a preloved Hermès Trim II in Gold clémence (previously authenticated by Bababebi), which was a HG of mine for years.

Now I´m happy but sad at the same time... I love it and use it a lot, but I really could and should have waited at least 6 months. It´s my birthday in 10 days, but to learn discipline I vow to go on a total ban as of today, no bags, SLGs, clothes, scarves, or accessories of any sort (I wear no jewellery, so it doesn´t even tempt me), until at least Christmas this year. Phew. Hope I can make it.

I confess I fell off the ban-wagon with a fine deal on a preloved Hermès Trim II in Gold clémence (previously authenticated by Bababebi), which was a HG of mine for years.

Now I´m happy but sad at the same time... I love it and use it a lot, but I really could and should have waited at least 6 months. It´s my birthday in 10 days, but to learn discipline I vow to go on a total ban as of today, no bags, SLGs, clothes, scarves, or accessories of any sort (I wear no jewellery, so it doesn´t even tempt me), until at least Christmas this year. Phew. Hope I can make it.
Sounds like a special bag though, sometimes you just have to let serendipity lead the way :smile: please post a pic :yes:

I think that HGs are exempt as well, particularly if it is a bag that isn’t readily available in stores. But if it helps, you can certainly do penance for it. It makes a great birthday gift to yourself!

View attachment 4054975 got my butter London polish and my seche vite top coat!

Ooh let me guess, hen party and knees up on top? Can’t tell about the bottom, shop girl maybe? Guess who’s spending too much time reading reviews. I have Coming Up Roses on right now and loving it. It’s the perfect pink.

You can make it till Christmas!

Sounds like a special bag though, sometimes you just have to let serendipity lead the way :smile: please post a pic :yes:

I shall do so this weekend, Pessie - you know, the seller even sent me inside, as an unexpected gift, a gold ostrich glove holder with GHW. It tooks awesome clipped onto the gold Trim!

There was a TPF poster whose logo under her avatar read: "Admire vs acquire". I believe it fits wonderfully to turn a "ban" into something positive, instead of negative.

Admire yes.. No more acquiring for me. My dipping my toes in the water from ban island led to a full scale swim across the ocean so far you guys can't see me anymore.
My husband just went through our statements and tallied it up and is wondering what got into me. He insisted I list stuff for sale from my closet to pay for it so I went through and listed some older nice designer stuff I never use on a local BST board, to make him happy. And I won't care if we actually find buyers to liquidate some stuff. But I hope he doesn't hound me about it now that I've done what I can to make amends from a shopping spree in April that added up to nearly a couple thousand..... Whoops. How does it add up so fast? I thought I was mostly selling and using the proceeds to buy and not dipping into fresh funds so badly... I guess I really was. I hate to think of what my total spending was if you add in the sales funds and the shipping costs. Then I'm really feeling sheepish enough to go back to ban island and hang on tight to you girls for moral support! No more buying for me for like 6 months now. Really it needs to be more than that but it's demoralizing to think longer term that that so I need attainable goals in front of me. And no rationalizing buying because I sold something to cover it or partially cover it because that's apparently a slippery slope that I plummet down into a shopping frenzy mindset way too easily from.
It's just like sugar. Easy to stay away when you're out of the habit but so so hard in the beginning to break it.

I shall do so this weekend, Pessie - you know, the seller even sent me inside, as an unexpected gift, a gold ostrich glove holder with GHW. It tooks awesome clipped onto the gold Trim!

There was a TPF poster whose logo under her avatar read: "Admire vs acquire". I believe it fits wonderfully to turn a "ban" into something positive, instead of negative.
Wow, how cool!

Admire yes.. No more acquiring for me. My dipping my toes in the water from ban island led to a full scale swim across the ocean so far you guys can't see me anymore.
My husband just went through our statements and tallied it up and is wondering what got into me. He insisted I list stuff for sale from my closet to pay for it so I went through and listed some older nice designer stuff I never use on a local BST board, to make him happy. And I won't care if we actually find buyers to liquidate some stuff. But I hope he doesn't hound me about it now that I've done what I can to make amends from a shopping spree in April that added up to nearly a couple thousand..... Whoops. How does it add up so fast? I thought I was mostly selling and using the proceeds to buy and not dipping into fresh funds so badly... I guess I really was. I hate to think of what my total spending was if you add in the sales funds and the shipping costs. Then I'm really feeling sheepish enough to go back to ban island and hang on tight to you girls for moral support! No more buying for me for like 6 months now. Really it needs to be more than that but it's demoralizing to think longer term that that so I need attainable goals in front of me. And no rationalizing buying because I sold something to cover it or partially cover it because that's apparently a slippery slope that I plummet down into a shopping frenzy mindset way too easily from.
It's just like sugar. Easy to stay away when you're out of the habit but so so hard in the beginning to break it.

Yikes! As annoying as it can be to have one’s spending scrutinized, it’s a fortunate thing though to have a partner to keep us accountable. My DH indulges my habit but he’s also reined me in quite a few times, and I’m grateful for that. Sometimes, the “prison guards” do work better to keep us on Ban Island than our willpower :P