~Ban Island~ Moral Support! ~Let’s Resist Temptation Together!~

I like the idea of 90 days ....And then ban is off and late March I can decide whether I want to go for 1-2 bags as a reward for such a drastic slowdown with bag purchases, and with a very clear idea of what bags I would actually get the most use out of (so many of my bags are so new that I haven’t actually used much of my current collection very much to learn more about my top joy sparkers) .....before another 90 days ban. Then a June opportunity to buy 1 bag ONLY if there’s something amazing during summer sales, and then maybe ban until autumn and think about ONE new autumn/winter bag for my birthday to keep things fresh.
I think that’s a plan I can live with because it fits with my financial situation and storage space and doesn’t seem so sad and deprived.

So ....90 days starting now and even the custom bag I committed to in November can wait for the 90 days to go up (she hasn’t gotten back to me in over two weeks anyways so I’ll just tell her I spent my December bag budget on other bags during her silence, which is true, and tell her I’m postponing the purchase for 3 months), and then there will be a possibility to look forward to a teensy bit of spring bag shopping, just one or two bags.... and then 90 days ban again and ONE summer bag purchase, and another couple months until ONE allowed autumn purchase, etc etc.....

I don’t think I could ever stick to a total year long ban so these shorter bans followed by managed ban-breaks, may work for me.

I like the idea of 90 days ....And then ban is off and late March I can decide whether I want to go for 1-2 bags as a reward for such a drastic slowdown with bag purchases, and with a very clear idea of what bags I would actually get the most use out of (so many of my bags are so new that I haven’t actually used much of my current collection very much to learn more about my top joy sparkers) .....before another 90 days ban. Then a June opportunity to buy 1 bag ONLY if there’s something amazing during summer sales, and then maybe ban until autumn and think about ONE new autumn/winter bag for my birthday to keep things fresh.
I think that’s a plan I can live with because it fits with my financial situation and storage space and doesn’t seem so sad and deprived.

So ....90 days starting now and even the custom bag I committed to in November can wait for the 90 days to go up (she hasn’t gotten back to me in over two weeks anyways so I’ll just tell her I spent my December bag budget on other bags during her silence, which is true, and tell her I’m postponing the purchase for 3 months), and then there will be a possibility to look forward to a teensy bit of spring bag shopping, just one or two bags.... and then 90 days ban again and ONE summer bag purchase, and another couple months until ONE allowed autumn purchase, etc etc.....

I don’t think I could ever stick to a total year long ban so these shorter bans followed by managed ban-breaks, may work for me.
Lol.....did you just break that ban? I was in the Laurel Dasso thread.

Hello all,

I'm a new here. This is a great thread. I was in debt for a few years back and spent 2-3 years obsessively reading books to stay off the internet. Browsing the internet is what led to my downfall in the first place. You spot a bag and it's super pretty and you just WANT IT. Then the next thing you know I'm reaching for my wallet to get my plastic card out. I know you all know how it can be. Reading helped me a lot. I stayed away, didn't buy any bags for a few years. I sold off a lot of bags too. That helped with my debt. Then I didn't have a job for about 1.5 years which spurred me to keep selling things in my closet that I no longer needed or used. I had to stay afloat some how. I do regret selling some bags, I'm not going to lie. But now that I have a job again I'm being a little more free with my spending. I am in a little bit of debt again but nothing major. However I need to cool it since it's Christmas and all these sales are popping up. Which is oh so tempting.

Back on ban island for me until my birthday. I'll treat myself to something then.

Thanks for letting me share!

Hello all,

I'm a new here. This is a great thread. I was in debt for a few years back and spent 2-3 years obsessively reading books to stay off the internet. Browsing the internet is what led to my downfall in the first place. You spot a bag and it's super pretty and you just WANT IT. Then the next thing you know I'm reaching for my wallet to get my plastic card out. I know you all know how it can be. Reading helped me a lot. I stayed away, didn't buy any bags for a few years. I sold off a lot of bags too. That helped with my debt. Then I didn't have a job for about 1.5 years which spurred me to keep selling things in my closet that I no longer needed or used. I had to stay afloat some how. I do regret selling some bags, I'm not going to lie. But now that I have a job again I'm being a little more free with my spending. I am in a little bit of debt again but nothing major. However I need to cool it since it's Christmas and all these sales are popping up. Which is oh so tempting.

Back on ban island for me until my birthday. I'll treat myself to something then.

Welcome!

Reactions: fayden
Hello all,

Welcome!! When is your birthday?

Reactions: fayden
may I join? :smile: I was very bad in 2017 haha.. now I need a break until summer next year as I need to save up for my apartment.. After getting my last bag for this year I´m satisfied until next year ... hopefully....
this year was one of the most expensive bag purchases year for me hahaha.. so now I need a break from the more expensive bags and look for less expensive bags next year ..
in 2017: Montaigne MM Noir, Alma bb, Chanel flap bag jumbo, jersey magnolia, montainge mm mono and LV bown shine shawl...
so now I need to step down from my bag addiction :smile: On the other hand I sold favorite mm mono and turenne pm so 9 designer handbags are my maximum!! but a classic speedy 30 oder with a strap could be on my wishlist next year in summer or after summer.
I need support hahaha I will start to really enjoy my handbag collection and relax... so no more handbags until summer at least :smile: I´m looking forward to a handbag purchase break

Welcome!! When is your birthday?

It's not that far away, it's in February, but I always do a complete ban on shopping during the month of my birthday, so what I do to pass the time is make a wish list of the things I want and then when March comes I will allow myself to buy one thing off of that list. It doesn't have to be a bag, but most of the time it is.

I call it Frugal February. I've been doing it every year for the past 4 years or so.

"Trying to focus on other things" is really useful - there´s so much MORE to this time of year besides shopping, overeating, and overdrinking all in the "it´s just once a year" general mood! Walks in nature, reading, listening to fine music at home with a nice cup of tea, decluttering the closet and getting rid of useless stuff (and also of toxic people in one´s life), reviewing one´s life goal list, and "bucket list"... Stay strong, HopelessBagGirl!
I love this! :heart: