Ballon Bleu De Cartier Watch

ggk84

O.G.
Apr 2, 2006
Hi everyone! I am seriously considering the Cartier Ballon Bleu watch. I keep going back and forth between the small and the medium though. Does anyone have modeling pictures that they can post to help me decide? I would love to see how the different sizes look on other ladies' wrists!
Thanks in advance! :flowers:

Anyone care to share their thoughts/ pictures?

In rose gold

23096.jpg

ggk84
It's a beautiful watch, which one are you considering ?
IMO the size should depend on your wrist size and how the watch looked on it, my friend has it in medium size and she has small wrists and it looks great on her...So good luck and let us know what you decide to get.

i have the ballon bleu in rose gold in the small size...i have teeny wrists and just felt the medium looked too big on me...i love that watch though =)

I don't know how familiar you are with Cartier's watches...and I don't have pictures to share...

the small size of Ballon Bleu is the exactly same as the small Must 21. The Roman numbers on Bleu is bigger (more in the traditional size, think of Tank's size+1) so on the wrist Bleu looks bigger than its actual size.

For petite women and ones who are size 4 or under I would suggest go for the small size. If you are 6 or above try the medium one to see if that will be a better fit.

ggk84
It's a beautiful watch, which one are you considering ?
IMO the size should depend on your wrist size and how the watch looked on it, my friend has it in medium size and she has small wrists and it looks great on her...So good luck and let us know what you decide to get.

I would like to get the simple white gold one (no diamonds). I am torn between the small and the medium. I think the medium is more substantial but I am afraid that it would give the watch a more 'casual' look. I want it to be a dressy watch.

i have the ballon bleu in rose gold in the small size...i have teeny wrists and just felt the medium looked too big on me...i love that watch though =)

The rose gold is just gorgeous! Do you have a modeling picture to share? Pretty please? :upsidedown:

I don't know how familiar you are with Cartier's watches...and I don't have pictures to share...

the small size of Ballon Bleu is the exactly same as the small Must 21. The Roman numbers on Bleu is bigger (more in the traditional size, think of Tank's size+1) so on the wrist Bleu looks bigger than its actual size.

For petite women and ones who are size 4 or under I would suggest go for the small size. If you are 6 or above try the medium one to see if that will be a better fit.

I am a size 4 but have big hands and wrists so I am wondering whether I should go with the medium which is more proportional with my hands and wrists or the small which is more proportional with me as a whole! :s

Go for the Medium or Large. I have a Mid size rose gold diamond ballon bleu, and I'm a size 0/2 with tiny wrist, when i was trying on the medium i thought was big. however after i wore it for 1 month, the medium seems just right, it makes my wrist/forearm look more toned, just like big bags make you look skinnier comparing to small purses. I have trouble posting pix though. what ever you get would be great, love ballon bleu!!

Dear lord I love this watch. I would get the medium. It's more of a "statement" when it's larger -- and not too much of a statement since you're getting the no-diamond model, and it would work just as beautifully in a dressy OR casual situation. I've seen lots of women wearing knock-out larger watches while dressed up.

I would like to get the simple white gold one (no diamonds). I am torn between the small and the medium. I think the medium is more substantial but I am afraid that it would give the watch a more 'casual' look. I want it to be a dressy watch.

:s

I have just done the whole shopping for a watch thing which took me over a year to decide!!!! I also obsessed over the ballon and all the possible variations available. I like some of the gals here wanted it to be dressy (if possible) while at the same time for every day.

Now, to the best of my knowledge the ballon does not come in white gold with no diamonds in the small and medium sizes!!!!!! Cartier have kept this watch very exclusive for the time being. They are also giving themselves a wonderful opportunity to bring out the lower priced versions down the track with much fan fare!!!!!

So I had to give up the ballon option because I didnt have it in my budget to get a diamond ballon and I didnt want a yellow or two tone watch.

I have seen the medium white gold with diamonds being worn irl and to me it is more attractive in the photos. It reminds me a little of a fob watch and the top is quite domed. I think the larger version should be worn by a taller gal or else it looks a bit old ladyish, jmo.

Given the choice I would have purchased a white gold small version with no diamonds.

(FWIW, I ended up purchasing the roadster in ss!!!!

My budget was around $11000 and I could have bought a diamond marker, pearl faced mid size rolex in ss and wg but decided that the roadster looked better on me. If I could have bought the ballon in white gold without diaqmonds I would have been prepared to up my budget.)

One day when they bring out the white gold or ss version I will definately buy it as my evening watch!!!

I am a size 4 but have big hands and wrists so I am wondering whether I should go with the medium which is more proportional with my hands and wrists or the small which is more proportional with me as a whole! :s

In that case, go for the medium one, as I do think it is more important to fit the wrist than the body. :flowers:

I currently have a two-tone small on order (I am a size 0 with tiny wrist so the medium does not fit, and the golden ones looks old on me) once I get it I can try post a picture.

Now, to the best of my knowledge the ballon does not come in white gold with no diamonds in the small and medium sizes!!!!!! Cartier have kept this watch very exclusive for the time being. They are also giving themselves a wonderful opportunity to bring out the lower priced versions down the track with much fan fare!!!!!

Oh wow, I did not know that but it seems you are right. The plain white gold one only comes in the large size which would be way too big. I also like the yellow gold one so I am now thinking seriously thinking about that. Thanks for pointing out that info about the white gold one though. Congrats on your new watch! :yahoo:

I currently have a two-tone small on order (I am a size 0 with tiny wrist so the medium does not fit, and the golden ones looks old on me) once I get it I can try post a picture.

That sounds beautiful!:heart: I would love to see a picture!