Balenciaga Scandal?

Tanja said:
they are not doing much for me. But i used to not like the paddy at all but coming here really has an influence on me...
ditto. I am thinking of getting one ( still waiting for the new colors to come out )but after knowing there are so many fakes I am RE-thinking about it......rethinking about....

I don't like the ones with the long stringy tassels; for some reason they remind me of insect antennae. (Sorry.) But I LOVE the Balenciaga Suede Sac Bag in Gray, posted in the Balenciago section of this site.

I dont know,,,at first before I bought my Paddy, I always wanted black Balenciaga, theyre so HOT from the magazine pictures. But then in real, the leather, hmm, its too shining. I love the old leather, like the one that Sienna Miller carrying all the time, but they dont have it anymore I guess. But I would still say its a very nice bag.

You know, I fell in love with them when they first came out and were called the Motorcycle/Le Dix/Whatever. :smile: Then, since I couldn't afford them at the time, I just moved on and thought they were over and *done.*

But, I am living proof to never say never. After finding this forum, and asking advice about a big tote bag to substitute for a baby bag....I ended up getting a Work bag. And, now I love love love B-bags.

The great thing about this forum is learning from each other and being exposed to bags we might never have thought of or been exposed to without it.

Plus, didn't Cristina start a thread about how we all just change our minds/wish lists? So...I guess I'm just saying, never say never!:biggrin:

Now see ... I didn't like them at first. I thought they were MAJOR LEAGUE fugly! However, all of a sudden when in London, I saw a gal with one (the Anis color) and I LOVED it. Of course, I then spent MOST of my time looking for that color (still on the hunt!).

I love the leather, bought one, and promptly returned it. Couldn't get used to those strings hanging and knew if I removed them the bag just wouldn't be the same. If someone could talk me into those things hanging from the bag I would be in! Guess you could say I am still sitting on the fence.

I live in New York and find the Balenciagas really fit my lifestyle. They truly can be dressed up or down and the colors .... I don't think I have to convince anyone about the fabulous colors that are available. Different strokes for different folks, I guess. More Balenciagas for me!!! What I can't seem to wam up to is the Paddys. It doesn't make sense to me. A huge padlock on an expensive bag? Go figure. I see them all the time on chain link fenses here in the city. On an expensive bag, no thanks. More Paddys for you ... lol. The Spy I am still on the fence with. I'm starting to like it but not enough to cough up that much cash for it.

i just got myself a balenciaga recently. Got a black classic. Bought it even when i wasn't too crazy about it. Okay, maybe just a little bit crazy about it. Now, I just love it. in fact, I've been ignoring my LV's. I don't care, i'm in love. Gonna get myself another one. Just waiting for the summer colors.

Haha.. yeah, I didn't really like them at first. But the leather quality is amazing.. I still only like certain styles, like the mini one (I adore that, so cute !).

You know, my taste in handbags changes as often as the weather. I was into LV for a long time, followed by MJ. Now it's Balenciaga. I didn't love it af first. But after seeing photo after photo, I started to appreciate the "look." Then I was visiting friends in Charlotte, NC and went to a high-end clothing store called Capitol Clothing, and saw the real thing in person. It was like a candy store of bbags. I tried on a bordeaux first. OMG, it was gorgeous and so light-weight. I couldn't justify spending $1,000 right then, but soon after returning home, I started to become obsessed. I began researching the bags, where to buy them, how to tell if one is authentic (which is how I found this site!). I got lucky, and bought an authentic pre-fall 2005 City bag in Caramel on eBay and I absolutely love it! It holds everything I need and is so lightweight, not like the MJ bags (and others). I'm now on a mission to build my collection carefully. Next up is the "first."