Balenciaga Mini Compagnon - thoughts?

Jaime

O.G.
Jul 4, 2006
Hi all,
I am wanting to order one of these today but I just want peoples thoughts before I do. I am also wondering (after looking at limited pictures) is there a section at the top for (money) notes? And can you fit a little spare change inside or is the coin section really not that big?
Any pros/cons from current owners would be appreciated.

I have a mini compagnon and I love it. There is a slot for bills and the coin compartment holds enough for me. The only reason I'm not using it as much is because I have more than 10 credit cards/IDs and sometimes it can be really hard to take out the cards from the slots.

I saw it at the store and I don't like it. I think it's too big for the "mini" Why don't you get the mini money instead? Someone here bought it and it looks super nice.

I'll try to find you a link.

Just found it at Matches Fashion and ordered it over the phone. Thanks for the tip!
The shop I contacted about ordering the compagnon never emailed me back and didnt return my call so luckily I hadnt bought the other yet and got the Mini Money for less than the Compagnon!

Well it arrived today and while I do LOVE it I think they could have allowed for so many more things to be kept inside it considering how big it is! My last wallet I can keep more than one card per card slot but the slots in this wallet are so tight I can only put one in each. So Ive had to cut down ALOT on what I keep in it which in a way might be a good thing! Also I was disappointed that they didnt send it in the right box with the little wallet dust bag. I got it thrown into a Balenciaga box that was way too big for it which originally had jewellery in it! Might be just me but the packaging is part of the experience and I like to keep my wallets not being used in their box inside their little dust bags. So that was a bit disappointing. At this stage Im just fitting everything in and seeing if its worth keeping or not. Its a shame there isnt a wallet the same size as the mini money but with as much storage space as the Mini Compagnon! But I do love it so I might just keep it and get used to the layout. I am also going to email them and ask if they are able to send the correct box and dust bag - is that a bit over the top? I just like to keep everything in their place when not in use..

Here it is anyway:

photo.jpg

Last edited:
I really like the look of the mini money but the lack of a full size note slot would bother me. Otherwise I'd seriously consider replacing my mini compagnon with a mini money.

My everyday wallet is the full sized money (love it). I use a mini compagnon for traveling and like it a lot. I also have a small coin. For me it's the perfect wallet for going out, enough room for cash and a couple of cards, small enough to fit easily into a clutch or even coat pocket.