Balenciaga Mini Compagnon - thoughts?

Jaime

O.G.
Jul 4, 2006
Hi all,
I am wanting to order one of these today but I just want peoples thoughts before I do. I am also wondering (after looking at limited pictures) is there a section at the top for (money) notes? And can you fit a little spare change inside or is the coin section really not that big?
Any pros/cons from current owners would be appreciated.

Alice1979

Toxic
O.G.
Jul 28, 2008
NY
I have a mini compagnon and I love it. There is a slot for bills and the coin compartment holds enough for me. The only reason I'm not using it as much is because I have more than 10 credit cards/IDs and sometimes it can be really hard to take out the cards from the slots.

Jaime

O.G.
Jul 4, 2006
Yes, I read those.
Thanks Alice for your reply. I guess I could order it and return if no good for my needs.

Thanks again

vink

Trying to be good
O.G.
Apr 12, 2008
I saw it at the store and I don't like it. I think it's too big for the "mini" Why don't you get the mini money instead? Someone here bought it and it looks super nice.

I'll try to find you a link.

Jaime

O.G.
Jul 4, 2006
Just found it at Matches Fashion and ordered it over the phone. Thanks for the tip!
The shop I contacted about ordering the compagnon never emailed me back and didnt return my call so luckily I hadnt bought the other yet and got the Mini Money for less than the Compagnon!

ejsc55

O.G.
Aug 18, 2007
Hope you like the Mini Money! I am still loving this wallet! I like it better then the mini compagnon.

Alice1979

Toxic
O.G.
Jul 28, 2008
NY
Congrats on getting the mini money. I'm seriously considering it now. Please post pic when you get it.

vink

Trying to be good
O.G.
Apr 12, 2008
Congratulation on your coming wallet! ;) Don't forget to post pix when you get it. ;)

Jaime

O.G.
Jul 4, 2006
Well it arrived today and while I do LOVE it I think they could have allowed for so many more things to be kept inside it considering how big it is! My last wallet I can keep more than one card per card slot but the slots in this wallet are so tight I can only put one in each. So Ive had to cut down ALOT on what I keep in it which in a way might be a good thing! Also I was disappointed that they didnt send it in the right box with the little wallet dust bag. I got it thrown into a Balenciaga box that was way too big for it which originally had jewellery in it! Might be just me but the packaging is part of the experience and I like to keep my wallets not being used in their box inside their little dust bags. So that was a bit disappointing. At this stage Im just fitting everything in and seeing if its worth keeping or not. Its a shame there isnt a wallet the same size as the mini money but with as much storage space as the Mini Compagnon! But I do love it so I might just keep it and get used to the layout. I am also going to email them and ask if they are able to send the correct box and dust bag - is that a bit over the top? I just like to keep everything in their place when not in use..

Here it is anyway:

Last edited:

drati

by the sea
O.G.
Oct 13, 2007
I really like the look of the mini money but the lack of a full size note slot would bother me. Otherwise I'd seriously consider replacing my mini compagnon with a mini money.

My everyday wallet is the full sized money (love it). I use a mini compagnon for traveling and like it a lot. I also have a small coin. For me it's the perfect wallet for going out, enough room for cash and a couple of cards, small enough to fit easily into a clutch or even coat pocket.