Balenciaga City Bag Lovers?

ranskimmie

Jan 25, 2006
Hi everyone!
Im brand new to this awsome purse sight. I have every bag imaginable. Today I just received my new lavender B bag. I love it! Does anyone have this super fun and way too expensive addiction besides me?? Let me in on pics. and your favorite color Balencia bags. I dont think one color is just going to be enough. LOL:biggrin:

Post pics - which size City did you get?

I have a twiggy and a box; both are pictured in my Bag Showcase thread.

I think I would like to add a City to my collection one day; but, I have no clue on size?? :blink:

I am right there with you!! I am a purse addict. I have bought and sold authentic bags on ebay since 2001 and I have to say, I think I have met my match with Balenciaga. I own just one, I've had it for less than one month. I am one of those lucky folks that found an authentic Balenciaga City bag on ebay. But I have to say, I really want the satisfaction of buying a brand new one from a store. Unfortunately, I don't think there is any place in the Washington, DC area that sells Balenciaga. I know Capitol Clothing in Charlotte, NC carries them. I am remiss for not buying the first in bordeaux when I was visiting friends in November. Man, was it gorgeous. Alas, regret is not an option. I just need to make it happen and go get me a first.

Ozzysmom said:
I am right there with you!! I am a purse addict. I have bought and sold authentic bags on ebay since 2001 and I have to say, I think I have met my match with Balenciaga. I own just one, I've had it for less than one month. I am one of those lucky folks that found an authentic Balenciaga City bag on ebay. But I have to say, I really want the satisfaction of buying a brand new one from a store. Unfortunately, I don't think there is any place in the Washington, DC area that sells Balenciaga. I know Capitol Clothing in Charlotte, NC carries them. I am remiss for not buying the first in bordeaux when I was visiting friends in November. Man, was it gorgeous. Alas, regret is not an option. I just need to make it happen and go get me a first.

Wow!
how lucky can you get! How were you able to really know it was truely authentic on e-bay. I have burned so many times thinking my LV bags were authentic and NOT! Let me know your technique and what color you got. Maybe I'll try sometime.:P

***Puts hand up***

Yes, im a Balenciaga Bag lover! My name is helen

I got my twiggy (cornflower blue) :love: from the Balenciaga yesterday! And now i'm waiting for my Black (plain jane) to arrive from Aloha Rag and after the black one arrives im looking into getting a "first" maybe in some funky colour.... BUT i'll have to think about that! :shame:

shoprgrl said:
Do you have picks of your lilac- I am thinking of getting a Lilac twiggy.

Eventhough I already have a sky blue and rouge cities, + a black classique....

I would love to put pics up. Can you or someone please explain how I do this. I guess you can say I'm pretty picture illiterate when it comes to downloading them.;)

The bag I got was the pre-fall 2005 City bag in Caramel.

To begin with, I did a lot of research. This blog helped me enormously. Secondly, the seller took a lot of excellent pictures. I could tell the quality of the leather from the pictures. I knew what to look for on the silver i.d. tag. I knew the hardware on the inside of the handles had tiny rivets in them. The pictures illustrated the "swoosh" factor. The price was $850 and the seller had 100% positive feedback. She also purchased it from an authorized Balenciaga dealer in NYC. In order for me to spend that kind of money, I had to be 100% positive that it was authentic and I did knew it was real. Sounds a little crazy, but it was. If you see bags on ebay for sale and have questions regarding its authenticity, you should use this forum for guidance.

helenNZ said:
***Puts hand up***

Yes, im a Balenciaga Bag lover! My name is helen

I got my twiggy (cornflower blue) :love: from the Balenciaga yesterday! And now i'm waiting for my Black (plain jane) to arrive from Aloha Rag and after the black one arrives im looking into getting a "first" maybe in some funky colour.... BUT i'll have to think about that! :shame:

HelenNZ - can't you post a pic in here of your new twiggy?

I really want to see it. :biggrin:

Ozzysmom said:
The bag I got was the pre-fall 2005 City bag in Caramel.

To begin with, I did a lot of research. This blog helped me enormously. Secondly, the seller took a lot of excellent pictures. I could tell the quality of the leather from the pictures. I knew what to look for on the silver i.d. tag. I knew the hardware on the inside of the handles had tiny rivets in them. The pictures illustrated the "swoosh" factor. The price was $850 and the seller had 100% positive feedback. She also purchased it from an authorized Balenciaga dealer in NYC. In order for me to spend that kind of money, I had to be 100% positive that it was authentic and I did knew it was real. Sounds a little crazy, but it was. If you see bags on ebay for sale and have questions regarding its authenticity, you should use this forum for guidance.

Sounds great. Thanks so much for your help.;)

*raises hand too*
Hi, my name is murasaki, and I am a Balenciaga addict. :love:

Welcome aboard to the lilac bandwagon! I got my lilac twiggy last week. I have three twiggies now :blink:

This is the only bag I'd want to own in multiple quantities. Funny because I just got a Chloe paddington in whiskey... I love it but it is the only one I'll ever buy as opposed to a Balenciaga motorcycle bag.

I'm loving the lilac. I feared it was going to be too pastel initially but IRL it's a nice balance with some gray undertones.

hehehehehe.... heres my TWIGGY...

everyone wave to it!!! Sorry its a bit fuzzing... im not too sure when Vlad sticking up my pics in showcase.... hehehehe!

SORRY, Vlad/Megs... i'm just too excitied... you can move this if you want :smile:

Attachments

• beach 046.jpg
    beach 046.jpg
    147.1 KB · Views: 440
I'm a B-bag addict too (or soon to be). Just bought a bordeaux first from ebay with the help of my fellow beloved forum members. :love:

Helen, I love your new twiggy! Be sure to post the black B-bag when you get it from AR k? What size did you get in black? I'm thinking of getting a black city next but I'm afraid that it might be too big on me.

helenNZ said:
hehehehehe.... heres my TWIGGY...

everyone wave to it!!! Sorry its a bit fuzzing... im not too sure when Vlad sticking up my pics in showcase.... hehehehe!

SORRY, Vlad/Megs... i'm just too excitied... you can move this if you want :smile:

I love it - it's a great color in Twiggy.

I am taking my box out tonight for the first time. I appleguarded it and everything. :P

Irissy said:
I'm a B-bag addict too (or soon to be). Just bought a bordeaux first from ebay with the help of my fellow beloved forum members. :love:

Helen, I love your new twiggy! Be sure to post the black B-bag when you get it from AR k? What size did you get in black? I'm thinking of getting a black city next but I'm afraid that it might be too big on me.

fuzzing??? geez, i've got so many type-o's in my replies!!!! :shame: FUZZY!!!!

Irissy, i'm getting a black medium/city bag! wee hee!!!!! i was afraid it was going to be too big too, i'm just 5'2 but i've had a couple of fake :cry: b-bags that were city/medium and they were great size! But i must say once i got on to this forum etc... those fake ones went out the door!!! :biggrin: i will totally post up pics once black b-bag arrives which should be in roughly 2 long weeks!!!