Bal Paris vs. Bal Cannes

foxymom

uh-oh....
O.G.
Dec 4, 2006
hi everyone!

I noticed most of you prefer ordering from bal Cannes. is it because of stock availability? who has experienced ordering from bal Paris? do they also use dhl?

tia for the help!

i want to take this opportunity to commend sebastien from cannes. he's a good & efficient SA, though may not be extremely polite, probably because english isn't his first language, besides being helpful, he's honest.

i was about to order a bag (it was the last piece) from him and i asked him to check for defects, etc. he revealed thta there are 3 "stitches" (i think he meant scratches) on the bag. by that he saved me all the anguish, trouble & disappointment. now i'm hoping to get another bag from him.

I recommend Sebastien too! I'm in the midst of submitting my CC info to him and he's been a great help despite my numerous questions about the leather because it's the 2nd last piece.

Hi foxymom, I can say the service in the boutique in Cannes is the best of all Balenciaga boutiques in europe!!!!!!!!!!! I have dealt with Cynthia and Yurga and both are so friendly and helpful! They answer emails so fast and are so helpful. They send pictures of the bags very fast, which some of the european boutiques do not. If they have more than one bag available they choose the best one that suits your leather preference. They have very good knowledge of all colors.
I bought a most amazing galet gold giant PT from Cynthia which is the most amazing bag ever!

thanks for the info sarah! cynthia does seem nice in our email correspondence :smile: did you pay custom duties when you received it? are you based in the US?

hi pinky! did you also pay custom duties when you received your bag? how much?

i think cannes has the best stocks so far... i just wish they could send their shipment like bal london...

thanks for the info! if you dont mind, what bags are you getting? im talking with cynthia and she might not be as up front as sebastien ;)
i dealt with her in sebastien's absence, she seemed very helpful & nice! just pose your questions directly & ask for pictures and see what she says.

I didn't have to pay customs since I'm located in germany. But even if you have to pay customs it could be cheaper to buy in europe, because you don't have to pay french tax ( all Bal prices in europe have the tax included ) and the $ Euro convertion is better for the $ in these days.

Bal Paris never reply my emails at all. Sebastien responds fast, sometimes within a couple of minutes! But he is definitely not as good as Anna from Bal London. Maybe English is not his language.

Yunces - Did you pay custom fees in your country? I did ask Sebastien and he said that I don't have to. Is that true?

hmm. i don't really find anna that great, i find her email replies rather curt actually. perhaps she's been bombarded by too many emails because of all the recommendations given @ TPF? :whistle:

I am in Singapore. and yes, I pay my taxes of 7% (for sg) for the item

thanks for the info sarah! cynthia does seem nice in our email correspondence :smile: did you pay custom duties when you received it? are you based in the US?

hi pinky! did you also pay custom duties when you received your bag? how much?

i think cannes has the best stocks so far... i just wish they could send their shipment like bal london...

Bal Paris never reply my emails at all. Sebastien responds fast, sometimes within a couple of minutes! But he is definitely not as good as Anna from Bal London. Maybe English is not his language.

Yunces - Did you pay custom fees in your country? I did ask Sebastien and he said that I don't have to. Is that true?

He told me this too, but it's been confirmed by other TPFers that the DHL customs fee bill arrives in a few months. :shocked:

i want to take this opportunity to commend sebastien from cannes. he's a good & efficient SA, though may not be extremely polite, probably because english isn't his first language, besides being helpful, he's honest.

i was about to order a bag (it was the last piece) from him and i asked him to check for defects, etc. he revealed thta there are 3 "stitches" (i think he meant scratches) on the bag. by that he saved me all the anguish, trouble & disappointment. now i'm hoping to get another bag from him.

I have to agree. He is open and honest so it saves the hassle of exchanges / returns. Got a bag from him - there were only 2 pieces left and he helped picked the better one (when it arrived, I was happy with it). Have corresponded with cynthia also but I would prefer Sebastien.